Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Prequel Trilogy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Apotheis

Beloved Prophet

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:07 pm
yeah that would make sense but why show him in every movie, like C3po or R2?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:09 pm
Prequels it was important to establish his relationship with Anakin and to show how that evolved. In the original, well someone's going to need to teach Luke, and besides Alec Guinness is just awesome.  

Johnny Malone
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:01 am
Xaron the destroyer
Why is it that obi one gets all the recognition and people like ploo koon, shak ti, and yarell poof get almost are never seen?

Plo was even more "dark-side" than Mace was, with his "vigilante justice" and basically wearing electric gauntlets to mimic force lightning, Shaak Ti really wasn't that special, just another jedi master of consequence (the former chairholder died, she was enxt in line), and Yareal Poof was worthless. I mean, the guy could barely hold a lightsaber.... he was like the lawyer of the jedi, more than a fighter...

I'm going to do a plot summary of Shatterpoint here pretty quickly, the private journals of Mace Windu. I'm starting to really get annoyed with it though.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:03 am
what're you annoyed about?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:19 am
Mace Windu is just acting no different than Samuel L. Jackson's only role. He's so arrogant, at least in my eyes.

"The worst thing in the jungle is Kar Vastor" (Kar is like this force user who kicks the s**t out of Mace)

"He hasn't met me. I'm the big dog in the jungle, remember? Little dogs step out of the way when the big dog walks" - mace.

The dialogue basically is that for the longest part. That, and Mace wondering about Depa... I mean, 50+ years old and the guy still has no intelligent muses in his speech, accidental or otherwise. Its all just him self-describing his badass skills.

Though I kinda like it, because the more he boasts, the worse he fails...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:21 am
Nelowulf
Mace Windu is just acting no different than Samuel L. Jackson's only role ...

Thus, Mace is saying "Mutha ********" every other sentence, then?  

AFK Masturbating

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:23 am
wow.
Someone needs to smack him around until he leans some Humility.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:26 am
Well, Kar kicks the holy hell out of him, and he just sits there on the ground, saying it went all according to plan. But if it wasn't for Depa, he'd have no clothes, no lightsaber, nothing at all, in the middle of a veyr hostile jungle.

I mean, seriously. "How many arms do you see?" Kar blinked, giving mace enough time to punch hm in the face twice.

later, Kar comes back and says the same line.... What is with everyone trying to "out-badass" everyone?

@CW: If it wasn't so far out, I would be tempted to end each line that way.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:32 am
Thats the problem with being the resident Jedi Battlemaster. If you dont watch yourself, you'll suffer from deadly ego trips.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:55 am
No wonder why Mace likes Vaapad..

Kenobi would still kick his a** if the situation was dire enough though.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:56 am
Nelowulf
No wonder why Mace likes Vaapad..

Kenobi would still kick his a** if the situation was dire enough though.

This is true.
Kenobi would just tire the older man out as Mace would be swinging every which way, then when a hole would open up, Obi-wan would strike and bring him down.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:34 pm
Exactly. Obi-Wan is patient, so he'll wait while his opponent swings wildly around, hoping to get a hit in. He'll just wait until an opening presents itself, the he'll strike.  

JRay18

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:41 pm
Thus is the way of soresu.

But only when the fight is dire, and everythign is laid on the line. Otherwise, Soresu is next to useless.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:36 pm
That's the weakness. But if I were a jedi, I'd still use Soresu.
(Nelo, when did you become a girl?)  

elvisnake

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:38 pm
I'm not a chick. Easiest way to tell is see the legs. Though if I am female, i want to see this, because its not appearing up on my screen.

And far and away, I'd use a mix of Juyo and Soresu. i have enough patience to learn one, then the other, and switch it up during battle.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff