Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 398 399 400 401 402 403 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:31 pm
I'm trying to follow along everyone's posts and not skip anything, but it's hard to remember 5+ different plotlines, 10+ characters, etc. all at once.

Anyways, from what I can recall seeing, the Licker is supposed to be like an anti-Jedi/Sith monster, and it knows how to combat a Force-wielding opponent.

So far, that's all I've seen you 2 throw at it, except maybe the trees and making stuff fall on it. ( Unless I'm missing something. )

It seems Hell-bent on killing its prey, and not so much caring about its own safety beyond swatting the occassional fly that gets in the way, metaphorically speaking. So, what about making it do itself in? Like, count on it trying to stab at you while your on its back, then jump away when it goes for it, and ends up stabbing itself? Etc.

It's acting in a not-much-beyond-primitive way, and seems to go on a very basic strategy that is barely more than instinct. If you realize that, you can count on it to do certain things in certain situations, and therefore set it up to fall right into every trap you set.

Here's an example: How do you defeat a fully-armored knight wielding a large flamberge? With a rapier, or another thin-blade weapon, while wearing little or no armor yourself. The knight won't be agile worth crap, and that big weapon won't be swinging wildly too fast, so you wait until a swing occurs, and dodge it, then make a quick stab with your thin blade right into the joints of the armor. You take full advantage of his weakness, and he can't touch you so long as you remain more agile than he can keep up with.

The point is this: Don't attack something that's meant for what you're throwing at it. Do something it's not meant to handle.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:59 pm
Cale Darksun
I still dont see why you guys are having such a difficult time with this.
Nothing against Nelo but this creature isnt terribly difficult to combat if you engage it intelligently.

Especially since all you need is a two-move combo involving the force and BAM! dead.

Sure, you'll need about twenty seconds for the first move, and another 30 for the second to ensure complete death, but peh. If either of you were smart enough to bring a concussion grenade or rifle, it'd take less than that...

@DA: Its not "stupid" so much, since it has a human brain. However, it is prone to its instincts. So you have to act somewhat fast. Its not entirely slow, either, since it can use the force to speed itself up.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:01 pm
Nelowulf
Cale Darksun
I still dont see why you guys are having such a difficult time with this.
Nothing against Nelo but this creature isnt terribly difficult to combat if you engage it intelligently.

Especially since all you need is a two-move combo involving the force and BAM! dead.

Sure, you'll need about twenty seconds for the first move, and another 30 for the second to ensure complete death, but peh.
Ever heard of "Stalling"? This is suposed to be long and fun battle.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:08 pm
Yeah...

Though I keep wondering what good it will be once you manage to get a lightsaber in the licker's mouth.

Its brain isn't in its head, so if you were trying to puncture it, you'd be a bit off. I nabbed the idea from Godzilla itself, so I suggest a little research if that was your ultimate plan.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:10 pm
Are u talking to me or "her"? The whole brain tbing wasn't my idea.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:12 pm
More EK than you.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:13 pm
Ok then.....well, I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut for a while.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:16 pm
And in case you wish to continue rebuttal, responding to EK as an "idjit" is what I was commenting on in the RP.

I doubt if your character said that.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:18 pm
no, I was mentioning the fact he contriticted himself by calling me an idiot, and spelling it wrong as idjit, which showed he was the true idiot. But ok then, whatever. And it's not like I am the only one hounding peoples asses.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:19 pm
"Idjit" is a slang term. I've heard it here at college a multitude of times. Often by women telling men they're "Idjits!"

So it's not mispelling, if that'd be his intention.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:22 pm
I guess, but I don't think Elladen follows that kind of slang, but ok.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:26 pm
would you like me to delete my post of me throwing my lightsabers, and just lose a limb or two? Cause so far, this battle has had no real blood shed, and seeing as I am being a total a**, I might as well.  

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:31 pm
Get off the computer until you're over your temper tantrum. That's my suggestion.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:32 pm
Ok then, bbye? confused  

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:31 pm
Kaze, don't make this battle fun. This is life or death.

Honestly, if we get cornered, the guild might be forced to vote for our deaths.

And yeah... I was trying to go for a brain-dead. Mind divulging where it's brain happens to be?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 398 399 400 401 402 403 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games