Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Memorable Threads
The Official AFG Chatterbox! 4000 pages of awesomeness! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4037 4038 4039 4040 4041 4042 ... 4076 4077 4078 4079 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:33 pm

Krissim Klaw
You worker bees you. XP

I think that is what bothers me the most about school. It is like having a job, only you are paying instead of getting paid. -__-

Why I envy people that have jobs that send them to school.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:36 pm

Krissim Klaw
Lloxie
Diana Vulpes
Glad I am not taking classes right now. Will eventually go back to school, but right now I just need to be working and making money.

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. I'm taking a semester or two off, just to work on earning some money to set aside to move out on my own, as well as to figure out what I want to do with myself, heh.
You worker bees you. XP

I think that is what bothers me the most about school. It is like having a job, only you are paying instead of getting paid. -__-

Yeah, really... it seems to me a lot of schools (particularly gradeschool, but to some extent colleges as well) do less teaching and more busywork than anything else. >_>

Lloxie

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:47 pm

Lloxie

Yeah, really... it seems to me a lot of schools (particularly gradeschool, but to some extent colleges as well) do less teaching and more busywork than anything else. >_>

Lets face it, the education system is set up all wrong. In the good old days all you needed to learn was basic math, how to read and how to write and you were tossed into a business that put you in an apprentaship that toughs you everything you needed to know for that job.

Now a days business want you to have at least some degree before they higher you even if that degree has nothing to do with the job you are applying for. The collages are the worse, however, setting up all this high requirments all the way back to the classes you took in high-school. Most of this classes not teaching you anything at all useful in the real world.

Seriously, how many businesses out there are going to require you to know calculas? Or require you to read a novel and give a report on it? It is rediculas how much time and money they waist teaching frivolous subject that you wont ever tap into once out of school.

This is how it should work in my eyes. Once you enter high-school you tell them the career you are going for and all your classes will be geared towards what you need to know to get started once you graduate. And if you so desire to go further faster in said business then you can go to collage to learn even more. But at the same time already be working, getting a headstart in your career rather than waiting till you get out of collage to make a decent living.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:51 pm

Diana Vulpes
Lloxie

Lets face it, the education system is set up all wrong. In the good old days all you needed to learn was basic math, how to read and how to write and you were tossed into a business that put you in an apprentaship that toughs you everything you needed to know for that job.

Now a days business want you to have at least some degree before they higher you even if that degree has nothing to do with the job you are applying for. The collages are the worse, however, setting up all this high requirments all the way back to the classes you took in high-school. Most of this classes not teaching you anything at all useful in the real world.

Seriously, how many businesses out there are going to require you to know calculas? Or require you to read a novel and give a report on it? It is rediculas how much time and money they waist teaching frivolous subject that you wont ever tap into once out of school.

This is how it should work in my eyes. Once you enter high-school you tell them the career you are going for and all your classes will be geared towards what you need to know to get started once you graduate. And if you so desire to go further faster in said business then you can go to collage to learn even more. But at the same time already be working, getting a headstart in your career rather than waiting till you get out of collage to make a decent living.

Seriously. And a lot of classes are laughable. Particularly English classes, or at least most of the ones I had from middle school and up. >_> Nothing but busywork. Which pisses me off because I actually had some interest in becoming a writer. Even if I had to start of as a journalist or something.

Lloxie

Sonya Khatsworth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:10 am

*pops*

o.o
This isn't the Cyrodil Arcane University... <.<;
Oh well.
*grabs a couch, then lets go, apologizes to the couch, sneaks behind it and pounces onto it from behind.* >8D

Sorry, I'm happy and I'm having wine right now. Expect nonsense, even though I'm not drunk. XD
*hugs y'all, from long distance... somehow*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:12 am

*shoots soft plush balls at Doomie from a safe distance* ninja

Selene Aries

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:12 am

Diana Vulpes

That is so true. That was why I was able to get my A.A degree, and finish the last two years of highschool at the same time. Because they both wanted a huge spread of garbabe courses that have nothing to do with my future professions. I mean they just have so many damn requirments. The saddest part is you will forget almost all of the junk they pump into because it has no use. You don't remember things you don't use.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:15 am

Diana Vulpes
*shoots soft plush balls at Doomie from a safe distance* ninja

*bats at the balls playfully in the air* =D  

Sonya Khatsworth

Lloxie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:23 am

*pounce-huggles Doomie, then huggles the others and skitters off for the night* << >> Nini all! <^^>
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:24 am

Lloxie

*pounce-huggles Doomie, then huggles the others and skitters off for the night* << >> Nini all! <^^>

Aww, nini Lloxie D: *huggles*

Sonya Khatsworth

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:25 am

Excuse me for a moment, in the middle of a few sorties in StarFox Command.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:26 am

Diana Vulpes

No problem. I'm just lipsynching to some music for now. XD  

Sonya Khatsworth

Lloxie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:26 am

DoomNeko
Lloxie

Aww, nini Lloxie D: *huggles*

Sowwy, I'd stay on later, but I've got work tomorrow. ^^;; And I'm feeling a little sick-ish, so yeah. *nuzzles and kerpoofs for real this time*
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:43 am

DoomNeko
Diana Vulpes

No problem. I'm just lipsynching to some music for now. XD
Is cleaning mantis and cricket cages. XP

Krissim Klaw

Eddily

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:29 pm

domokun
Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4037 4038 4039 4040 4041 4042 ... 4076 4077 4078 4079 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games