Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4042 4043 4044 4045 4046 4047 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:48 am
Hi all  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:49 am
Yep, main reason I'm not joining any of the RPs this semester. I was dumb and decided to take a bunch of courses that require paper writing. I'm looking at between 80-100 pages of writing to do, including two major research papers.  

Johnny Malone
Crew

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:50 am
ouch  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:51 am
It'll be fun. I am going to enjoy the vast majority of what I will be doing. (Hell, I want to go to grad school and eventually teach history. I better like writing about it.)  

Johnny Malone
Crew

K-Blade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:00 pm
Damn, you go with your bad self, lol. I found it easer to pass the class when I like the subject.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:02 pm
Same here. I get bored way too easily whe I take science and math courses.  

Johnny Malone
Crew

K-Blade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:08 pm
Tell me about it, I’ve always had a hard time staying focused on one thing without getting distracted or bored Science and math classes are always a pain, I find that it helps to have a kickass teacher, I still remember my math class, she was very cool and made learning most enjoyable.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:21 pm
I like science but I hate having sucky teachers like a coulple of times I had a couple film courses with the accoutant for Robocop. She was boring.  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:53 pm
K-Blade
Yeah, it is the same thing, but at least their familiar with the game system so that a pulse. We can always ask them it their interested, it would give Reevinja the option to play instead of GM

Then go and ask.
I was actually toying with the idea of switching it up and having us do a KotOR era RP since I now have the book, but thats of course just an idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:32 pm
I is a shy kitty.
Run whatever timeline you want to. I don’t have that book and that’s fine, but if I need it, I’ll go out and buy it. One thing about that timeline is that it’s force monkey heavy and I’m not as familiar with playing a jedi in this D20 system as I am with the old D6 system.  

K-Blade

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:12 pm
Johnny Malone
Same here. I get bored way too easily whe I take science and math courses.
I guess that's where we diverge. Math and science are simple/complex calculations. You can figure it out and understand what's going on then. Papers *shudder* make you write five different kinds of bullshit just to fill the pages. They can never be simple and let you describe what's happening. They always make you describe what's happening five different ways, and I can't come up with that amount of bullshit.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:42 pm
I never got that logic.

The best speeches are ones that aren't dragged out 9 ways to Hell and to the point, but they teach you to do that stuff like you're supposed to be running your mouth for 30 minutes straight. Papers are the same way.

Research papers on George Washington should look like this:

" The entire story of George Washington can be found in almost any American Presidential History book. I suggest looking those up. "

Seriously, all you do is copy BS that 200+ other people have already said. What the Hell's the point?  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:47 pm
If I knew I could write an eight page paper.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:00 pm
Hey Cale, Johnny trivia question up in the husker thread if you to try and answer it.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:03 pm
Darkened Angel
I never got that logic.

The best speeches are ones that aren't dragged out 9 ways to Hell and to the point, but they teach you to do that stuff like you're supposed to be running your mouth for 30 minutes straight. Papers are the same way.

Research papers on George Washington should look like this:

" The entire story of George Washington can be found in almost any American Presidential History book. I suggest looking those up. "

Seriously, all you do is copy BS that 200+ other people have already said. What the Hell's the point?

I have that kind of problem, not saying too much but saying too little. Like Im told to write a two page paper, I just write a one page paper because I've made my point.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4042 4043 4044 4045 4046 4047 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games