Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4055 4056 4057 4058 4059 4060 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:28 am
Cale Darksun
Bah. Just another Capcom vs game.
You fail for thinking "just another Capcom vs game." Capcom fighting games are life! scream Also Street Fighter 4: Great game or Greatest Game? (I know it's not out yet, but I'm predicting.)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:37 am
Yeah, but this looks more like Japan's version fo Capcom vs. Marvel. I dont' even recognize most of the fighters for the other franchize.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:49 am
I recognized a lot of them from the old Gatchaman anime. (Also known as Battle of the Planets.)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:54 am
yeah it's Capcom VS. Tatsunoko, Tatsunoko was a japanese studio famous for making anime like Gatchaman and Casshern. Guys in metalic uniforms beating the snot outta things while shouting out attack names.  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:57 am
As long as Cammy is in it I'll play it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:48 pm
Cammy's just a wanabe Chun-Li.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:09 pm
but she's british...Im not sure what's hotter Chinese or Brittish...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:23 pm
Chinese.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:38 pm
Hmmm
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Cant I have both?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:58 pm
Cale Darksun
Cammy's just a wanabe Chun-Li.
You don't know much about Street Fighter do you Cale? Their play styles are completely different. Or do you just like starting s**t? Say another word and I will perform a Spin Drive Smasher on you. No lie, I will do it.  

Johnny Malone
Crew

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:13 pm
Fighting games are just too boring for me to play. All about the button mashing. Well, that and fanservice to pervy children.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:21 pm
Not really, Fighting games can be fairly complex if you work at them.  

Johnny Malone
Crew

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:22 pm
Name one other thing you do in a fighting game besides beat the crap out of things.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:23 pm
That is the point, yes. But it's not button mashing.  

Johnny Malone
Crew

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:31 pm
Face it, it has a very limited interactive environment, if at all, relatively little difference on the plot depending on which character you choose, with no real way to change it or at least be intriguing unless you read the backstories on characters, very few have actual fighting styles, require no thought to play, and pretty much rely on one's ability to fight by utilizing split second timing and button-mashed combos to really get anywhere in the game past the most easiest of difficulties. In an attempt to really make things more intriguing, they often use concept art, outfits, and other half-second boring unlockables to give the players a sense of achievement for spending hours upon hours of their time glued to a pretty flat world where pretty girls in skimpy outfits, ripped guys, and random assortment of monsters wind up just beating the hell out of each other.

It's a first person shooter without the expansive world, weaponry, or even the likelihood of a real puzzle to figure out.

Fighting games are the opposite of complex, Johnny. They rely upon quick thrills of mindless violence and masculine ideas of sexuality in hopes of getting replay value out of a game which short of graphics, has very little need for instruction or skills outside of the ones that memorize the buttons for a double uppercut.

At least super smash brothers is childish enough to where you don't have to worry about being emasculated at it's own simplicity.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4055 4056 4057 4058 4059 4060 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games