Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4084 4085 4086 4087 4088 4089 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K-Blade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:42 pm
Really? That’s just so cool. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:48 pm
Very. 3nodding Didn't expect to see anything like that in a million years. ^^

I tried it out, and said "Oh yes. I have to get this!" mrgreen  

AFK Masturbating

K-Blade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:53 pm
I’m not surprised about it; after all, metal from the ‘80’s is now considered classic rock.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:54 pm
lol yes. XD  

AFK Masturbating

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:59 pm
Yes, metallica on classical rock stations... i'm waiting for when Marylin Manson hits those things, so i can begin the vomiting. When metal is classified as rock, I have nobody to punch, so the feelings are rather repressed.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:02 pm
Speaking of Metallica, it seems they've gotten out of whatever rut they've been in for a while, and started to make pretty good music again.  

AFK Masturbating

K-Blade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:11 pm
I try not to think about it when I’m out and about, like when I go shopping and I hear a tune that sounds oh so familiar over the speakers and before I know it I’m humming along because I know the song heart . That’s when I stop and realize that it’s some old metal band that I had a hell of a time finding the album when it came out when I was in high school, let along trying to sneak it past my mother. ninja Now it’s playing in like wal mart. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:21 pm
*hugs K* you're only as old as you think you are, just remember that...

Speaking of which, I find it funny to listen to the mall playing "countdown to love". Out of all the music that came from that movie, that one song, not the title song, not the ending sequence, not the jazz song, that little corny thing is what hit the radio...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:22 pm
I take it your folks were odd about it?

I remember x-mas of '88. I'd just got Metallica's "Cliff 'em All", and we even put it on for a bit. While my cousin and I liked it, our old folks were like "what's the deal here?" O__O

Makes me wonder what things will be like once the wee one is a teenager.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:24 pm
Depends i guess on how open minded you are.

For example, Grannie owned a bar, so she was pretty hip. Mum's parents, however, are pennsylvania dutch stereotypes, so past polka, they get wigged out.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:30 pm
Point. 3nodding

My cousin is always introducing her son* to her music, and he likes quite a bit of it. In fact, one time, we went to the guitar place, and he was wearing a Weezer tee. And the guy at the store complimented him on it. 3nodding

* I sometimes refer to him as my "nephew", though he's technically like a second cousin or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:33 pm
My mother is a throw back to the ‘60’s, she a old flower child. Albums with names like ‘Kill ‘em all’ and ‘Power Slave” didn’t sit well with her.

And I’m only 6, according to the Pirates of Penzance, if my addition is correct, witch is unlikely. I suck at basic math  

K-Blade

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:42 pm
So since the cool kats are here, opinion time!

Do you call Metal a form of rock? or are you kind of like me, and call it the heir to the rock dynasty, with Alternative being the b*****d son of the genre?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:47 pm
Good question. I consider metal it's own thing, with rock being it's father, so to speak.

With that said, classical is the grand-daddy of it all. 3nodding

And, on that note, I saw a thing where this orchestra covered Metallica's "Master of Puppets" in it's entirety. Might grab it off amazon next payday. And someone has it on youtube somewhere. It's definetely a nice twist on it.  

AFK Masturbating

K-Blade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:48 pm
Rock and roll, Acid rock, Heavy Metal. It’s all evolution of music to me. I just pick what I like and leave the rest. So yeah, I think I do call metal a for of rock. cool  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4084 4085 4086 4087 4088 4089 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games