Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 am
If you want to check out the Events subforum, there are often free events to try and obtain an SoA. Colorists sometimes offer paid customs in the Breeding/Customs forum, and sometimes families will open up paid custom slots for their breedings (you pay 500k to "custom-in" to a litter). biggrin Just make sure you read the rules in each event/customs thread/etc before applying to try your luck. Hanging out in the main thread is also a good idea. Good luck!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:45 am
troll toll
If you want to check out the Events subforum, there are often free events to try and obtain an SoA. Colorists sometimes offer paid customs in the Breeding/Customs forum, and sometimes families will open up paid custom slots for their breedings (you pay 500k to "custom-in" to a litter). biggrin Just make sure you read the rules in each event/customs thread/etc before applying to try your luck. Hanging out in the main thread is also a good idea. Good luck!

Thank you ^^  

jackiee153

Eloquent Explorer

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:19 pm
Okay, here's one I was discussing with someone - Say a pride, like the Usafi'tukufu(Okay, COLONY... xd ; ), has a rule about intruders being killed. If a person violates this rule, and we give them warning(Like, three strikes you're out deal), would we be allowed to step in, as pride owners, and have one of our characters kill the intruding SoA? Like... If a lion started coming into the Usafi lands, the leopards wouldn't take kindly to it. They'd out-right attack it and try to kill it. But if they REPEATEDLY come back, would killing be a granted permission by the shop?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:36 am
Andranis
Okay, here's one I was discussing with someone - Say a pride, like the Usafi'tukufu(Okay, COLONY... xd ; ), has a rule about intruders being killed. If a person violates this rule, and we give them warning(Like, three strikes you're out deal), would we be allowed to step in, as pride owners, and have one of our characters kill the intruding SoA? Like... If a lion started coming into the Usafi lands, the leopards wouldn't take kindly to it. They'd out-right attack it and try to kill it. But if they REPEATEDLY come back, would killing be a granted permission by the shop?

This is really not a 'Newbie/Oldbie' question, but a question for staff that should be PMed to the mule.

If it's an issue or something only staff can answer, it belongs with Mkodi, not posted in here.  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:33 pm
Alright heart  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:47 pm
I was curious as to if there was a map somewhere in the guild or main thread that listed where all of the prides are located on the main map.  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:45 pm
LexThetaSigma
I was curious as to if there was a map somewhere in the guild or main thread that listed where all of the prides are located on the main map.

There is a very outdated one somewhere, but it's outdated and more or less no longer applicable. It's too difficult to keep up with accurately, and it's easier to just pretend there's plenty of room and the terrain types everyone wants for their pride. Most prides will list their neighbors and such, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:15 pm
Okay, more... Small question. Do we actually have to have an image of the claimed non-lion mortal guise of a god? Like... Would I have to actually HAVE an image of Xavier as a leopard for him to breed and have leopard babies? surprised  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:24 pm
Andranis
Okay, more... Small question. Do we actually have to have an image of the claimed non-lion mortal guise of a god? Like... Would I have to actually HAVE an image of Xavier as a leopard for him to breed and have leopard babies? surprised

Yes, you must have an image of the fertile mortal form.

1. The whole point of that form is for breeding. Otherwise, we wouldn't care.
2. If we didn't have a visual reference, how are we supposed to know what the babies will look like? Most god attributes don't "contract" to a mortal form with ease. This is especially true for familiar forms. This means each colorist would be speculating on what the "mortal" form looked like, and it would be a confusing mess.
3. If you didn't have the form, you could also potentially "change" that form whilly-nilly without being "caught". You could potentially change markings, or forget which ones were considered "canon" to create different-looking offspring.

I could continue to explain, but I think you get the picture. Again, questions like this should be PMed to the mule.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:41 pm
Edelweiss
Her pride has, well gone with the wind. >< May I ask how I can get her recerted? (Or do I have to?) I don't have a clean uncert image.

Lioness
Her pride has been gone. Awhile. I have still been unable to get her clean uncert so I can get her certed. >< I don't know who colored her.  

Mei Silja

Moonlight Phantom

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:23 am
Mei Silja
Edelweiss
Her pride has, well gone with the wind. >< May I ask how I can get her recerted? (Or do I have to?) I don't have a clean uncert image.

Lioness
Her pride has been gone. Awhile. I have still been unable to get her clean uncert so I can get her certed. >< I don't know who colored her.

Try posting here to learn who coloured them and get the uncert:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=12148463&page=1

After that you can post in the correct thread for re-certing. If no one can help in that thread there are colourists that can help with lost uncerts. But I'm pretty sure someone'll recognise them.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:47 am
I was wondering,
I plan on doing a custom in for my lions next breeding but half my gold is old collectables, do most colorist only take pure or are there some who accept items? All of them have a lowest buy price of 95,000 or more.  

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:49 am
I think they may all be shifting into the range of "Only taking pure" simply because it's a lot easier, and you don't have to worry about the value fluctuating. 1g is still worth 1g, yano? They'll generally say in their customs threads if they take items, or only pure 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:17 pm
Not sure if this is the best place for it but here we go.

I see that you can get custom cubs as part of a litter as long as that litter hasn't grown yet and you have permission from the owner(s), right? Are they any other limits, like litter size/whether the custom-in slots were taken/etc?

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas