Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evelian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:32 pm
Salutations! It seems introductions are in order...

My name is Evelian (EVE-uh-lihn); sometimes I'm called Evey. I don't really have a preference.

I'm an English Literature and Theatre double major, with a Foreign Language minor, concentrating in Russian and French. Which I would assume explains my enthusiasm for mildly proper grammar, at the very least. I recently moved to Baltimore from Rehoboth Beach and look forward to getting to know people here, though my studies often inhibit my active participation in discussion.

I'm interested in playwriting and theatre for social change, as well as music (bass guitar, violin, and piano), and really good sushi. I have five tattoos and only 6 piercings, all fairly conservative. My favorite book is Lewis Carroll's Alice Through the Looking Glass

Feel free to drop me a line anytime. I'm mostly around once a week, so don't worry if I don't talk back immediately.

Au revoir. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:01 pm
Hey, everyone!

I'm a nineteen-year-old college student from the American Midwest. I'm fond of English, and I'm an avid reader (of books, magazines, fanfiction--basically anything with text). I'm also somewhat of an amateur writer (though the recent pressures of school seem to have brought on an unshakable case of writer's block). I'm hoping that my interest in writing will someday earn me a career in the field in journalism.

It's a pleasure to meet you all. Thanks for having me! smile  

sweetoof_11

rawrjennamonster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:03 am
Okay, well, I'm thirteen (fourteen in August! Yay!) years old and I like to write stories of my own and fan fictions. I text message A LOT, but I am pretty much "anti-txt tlk" in my texts; I spell all my words out. Occasionally, there's that slip, but I try! I hate it when people use txt-tlk in their stories like crazy! They don't deserve to write if they'd do that...

I'm extremely into music. I mostly like rock, but there are still genres such as, alternative, emo, acoustic, and blues in my MP3 player. My favorite bands are Taking Back Sunday, Coheed & Cambria and The Early November. I also think Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy, and Adam Lazzara and Matt Rubano of Taking Back Sunday are extremely hott.

So I guess, I'm just new here so hi! I'm glad to be a part of this guild.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:06 am
Um, semi-new member. I just didn't introduce myself when I joined. sweatdrop

I have a low-tolerance for text talk, idiots, people in general, and small children. I like reading, writing, goofing off on Gaia...and that's about it. There isn't much to me.  

Azzy-chan89

Beloved Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200

starroseakiko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:18 am
I am sort of new; this is my first post but I've been part of the guild for a while.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:46 pm
I am Anna Celestia. I prefer any grammar that's good and "non-n00b", thanks. razz  

Tezur

Hermonie Urameshi

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:50 pm
  Hello. My name is Jerica, but I like to go by Hermonie. (Please spell it right. It's not Hermione it's Hermonie.) I'm not always very literate, but learning foreign languages has helped me change that. Right now I am studying Japanese and Latin seriously and plan to do the same with Irish, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Italian, Greek (modern and ancient), Arabic, Scottish, Vietnamese, Portuguese, and Polish; maybe even a conlang or two, one of which I'm working on myself.

One of my most favourite things to do is read. I currently have like 22 books from the library (most of which are for language study) and am trying to read about 20 other books at the same time. (OK, big exaggeration there. xd ) I want to write historical fiction and translate it into all of the languages I plan to learn. I am currently trying to find information on Japan, especially Nagasaki and it's dialect, and St. Francis Xavier for my first book. If anyone can give me any info on them or sites, books, etc. please let me know.

I love to sing as well, but ain't ever going to be famous. xd My favourite English singers are Sugarland, Carrie Underwood, Brooks & Dunn, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, and too many more to count. I absolutely love Hamasaki Ayumi san for Japanese music. heart

Other things I like are video games, my favourite being Genji, watching TV, my favourite shows being CSI, Law & Order SVU, Lost, Heroes, Criminal Minds, and NCIS, art (currently trying to work on calligraphy and Chinese brush painting), and now gardening. biggrin
Hope y'all like me.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:41 pm
Hello, I'm Lyssa.
Yes, that's really my name.
I am too tired to make a decent post. I apologize.

Also, my spelling is sometimes quite atrocious.
I think I randomly become lysdexic.

I meant to spell it like that.
Really.
heart  

[ Lyssa ]

Prince Platypus

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:28 am
Hello, my name is Justin. At the moment, I've been up for a LITTLE over 48 hours, so this introduction will be short. I'm in college, and finals are upon me, hence the lack of sleep. Sometimes my words don't have L's where they should. That's because my keyboard's L button requires just a little more force than the other buttons do, and I'm not always thinking about that as I type. ...Oh, guess this wasn't as short as I thought it would be.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:14 pm
Hi! My name is Becki, and grammar's pretty much second nature to me, so it makes me angry when people don't use it properly. I'm a freshman in high school and I really love to read and play cello. 4laugh

I'm learning piano and bass guitar, too.

Oh, and Spanish is a really fun language. I want to be fluent in it someday. 3nodding

s0prano42_x3

Aithera

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:10 pm
I'm part of a grammar guild. Lucky me!

I'm a 14-year-old from Canada, and I'm in grade 9 (and I'm an author. Yay for me)

I feel deprived from intelligence because my english teacher this year is a first-class idiot, so I'm running to hide here.

English is my life force. My french, however, is absolutely awful.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:50 pm
Hmm, it seems I am a little late with joining whee

Well, what to say... hmm.

My nickname is Ellie (please forgive the mis-spelling of the 'the' in my screen name, it really didn't look good with the right spelling :XP smile , I am seven-teen years old and I am a writer. Well, I am not quite sure if you can categorize me as a writer since I have only been published twice, however once was a scam (ban poetry.com, I swear to you). I have been writing since I was twelve years old and have not stopped since, my main genre's are Horror and Fantasy, however I dabble in poetry and other genre's as well.

I like in Arizona, in a place I refer to as Zombie Town or Candyland, really depends on my mood. I enjoy reading and the arts (classical music, opera, art, etc), however do not get me wrong, I can be very happy and hyper at times! I adore candy, people have told me I am addicted, however thats not the truth, I just like it.

As for movies, books and music, my style various wholly on my mood, one moment I can be listening to J-Pop or Techno and the next I could be listening to Classical or Rock. I will say this, I dislike pop, country and rap... though mostly pop and rap. I like anime and manga, as well as video games and nature.

I guess thats it heart

Elinoire

Eloquent Explorer

Cherry Choo

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:05 pm
Greetings,

I'm the soon to be infamous SG. wink ...It may occur to you that you have never heard my pseudonym anywhere around the Gaia forums, I have changed my name many times and have various mules, that after long deliberation you will soon find out to be me.

My real name is Jacqueline. I'm twenty years old and from the United Kingdom and I thought I would make an effort to join a guild of nobility instead of the usual "flaming" and "whoring" guilds. I am in my second year of University studying English Literature and I like to read and write as much as I can.

I'm also studying how to write screenplays and I'm in the process of condensing a script and publishing poems.

I am on a quest to find like-minded people on Gaia to make friends with, and what better way to do that than join a shared interest guild.

See you around the forums!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:13 pm
Hello, fellow literate people of Gaia. biggrin
My name is Sebastian, but feel free to call me anything you like.
(Preferably nothing foul, thank you. whee )
I'm sixteen, turning seventeen tomorrow, but I'm not very excited about it.
I'm an avid reader and a dedicated member of my school's Drama club.
I'm very open-minded, I'm homosexual, I love my boyfriend very much.
I enjoy almost every genre of music, except for rap and country.
I like to make people laugh, and I like people that make me laugh.
I proof read and edit my sister's and my boyfriend's college essays all the time.
I'm glad to have discovered this loverly little slice of grammar heaven here, on Gaia. heart

Sebastian Leigh

Organic Shadows

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:42 pm
I'm an 11-year-old grammar freak who finally found a place where people understand (er, here).
Um. Yeah, that's actually all I have to say. That and I should probably take a shower if Soph's coming over at three.

Edit: Sebastian, I love you already, BTW.

Oh, and I am also a double-PK, so I edit my parents' sermons and newsletters a lot, and I will edit this later.

EDITING IS FUN. HERE WE GO AGAIN.

I love to read, my favorite book is A Northern Light (I forget who it's by); I have two sisters, one is a freshman in college, the other a massage therapist at the Washington Athletic Club in the women's clinical treatment center; I'm a total teacher's pet and I love it, I am typing this while looking at a lamp, completely; uhh... oh, favorite movie is Forrest Gump, I have kind of severe asthma (meaning even if I take my inhaler twice, I can not run the mile without passing out or having an attack); my best friend moved here and back to Japan in one and a half years, I still cry about her. She was Japanese, learned most of the English language and could carry our a flawless conversation in English with me (only me, sadly) by the fifth month, and was really prettty.

I'm going to go sit in the bathtub and bathe while I ponder this subject. Then I'll have lots of friends over and we'll go to 456 and watch movies. Okay.

*ahem* Edit number three:

I have a big sense of humor, or I can be a pompous a** if I want to. Beware.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games