Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:25 pm

User Image
User Image

Listening to the first years was a little dull. Clare couldn't find any of her thrid year friends. Just before she thought she was lonely, she saw Simon. But no Riley? Mayb he was lonely. Clare looked at him. "Hey Simon. Have a good summer?" she asked him and smiled at him lightly. She wondered if him and Riley were finally an item. They had a connection anyone could see. Clare hadn't seen Adair yet. She glanced around, but couldn't yet see him. Where is that boy? she then redirected her attention to Simon and waited for his answer

User Image
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:32 am

User Image
User Image
Rosa's eyes sparkled for a second at the realization they were talking about something she knew about. "I like watching TV too. I grew up with it, so it's not that strange to me, of course." She turned and looked at Drae, cocking her head to one side. "I'm not a big fan of sports, but I do sort of like swimming, but that's just for fun. I don't really play or watch competitive sports.

Age: 11 years | Year at Hogwarts: First Year | House: Ravenclaw | Relationship Status: Single | Location: Ravenclaw Table | With: Angela, Drae, Rufus, Gracie, and Rick | Friends: Don't know | Love Interest: None

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Out Of Class: ((X))

MagicalJediGirl146

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:52 pm

User Image
User Image

Rufus took a moment to think about it."Well I don't have much of a story, As for things I like. I like to play chess and I really like to take care of animals Play with animals or just watch animals. Um I guess I like reading up on some wizerding things like Quidditch and Duleing. I also like to watch things on Nat Geo" He said with a nerves smile. I must sound foolish to them He thoght to himself before something nicked at his mind"So since you have a television I guess you have at least one muggle parent like me?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:21 pm

User Image Angela Uriah Strong

"Ah, yes, television, a staple in my life. Practically all I did over the summer. But hey, whatever." Angela said, sighing to herself. Her parent's had told her she wouldn't be watching television when she came here, and well, it had been in her life for long enough that she knew she was going to miss it.

"Speaking of sports and all that jazz, has anyone ever seen hockey? Right brutal sport, right there, not so big, you know, but I love it, probably a little too much. I'm a Capitals girl myself, Edinburgh Capitals, they're pretty good. Not the biggest team around, but you know, I like 'em."

She turned to Rufus, who had thought about it, and nodded after most of the things he had said. "Actually, no. Both my parents are wizards, it's just both my grandfathers who are muggles. But my mom and dad really wanted to share how they had grown up with me, so yay, I get to watch TV, go to muggle school, watch sports, that stuff." So these are what friends are, people who are compatible, but not to compatible that they're boring? Or people who like the same things, but at times, you don't know what they're thinking? It was all still a mystery to Angela. She had friends before, but not good ones. Or good ones but not great ones. Or great ones but not fabulous ones.

Cause there goes the fear...

Time: To scratch my left ear.
Year: One.
House:
Ravenclaw

...let it go.

Hey, wanna know stuff about Angela?

hulusis

MagicalJediGirl146

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Don't compare yourself with anyone in this world...

User Image
User Image
"I've heard of hockey. I've watched it once or twice. Not very fond of it," Rosa replied. "I'm completely muggleborn. No magic in my background, at least, none that I know of." She smiled sheepishly, wondering if the fact she was muggleborn would change the other's opinions about her.

Age: 11 years | Year at Hogwarts: First Year | House: Ravenclaw | Relationship Status: Single | Location: Ravenclaw | With: Ravenclaws; specifically Angela, Rufus, Drae, Rick, and Gracie | Friends: She doesn't really know | Love Interest: None

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...if you do, you are insulting yourself.

Out Of Class: ((X))
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:35 pm

Picture perfect, that's what it seems
They've got this whole thing figured out,
We'll leave this place behind, doesn't that feel right?
Picture perfect, it's picture perfect

GRACIE MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Ravenclaw|||Half blood|||First Year|||

User Image
Gracie turned her attention away from the conversation around her and towards Michelle, who sat at the Slytherin table. She was quite curious about her cousin. She could tell right off the bat that the girl wasn't what she pretended to be, but Gracie also felt that she had been most real when around Ada. The blue haired girl shrugged and ruffled her hair. There was no point in thinking about it when she wasn't going to get anywhere at the moment.

Wrinkling her nose, the first year returned her attention to the conversation around her. Having been raised mostly by herself with no interaction with kids her own age, she had never really paid attention to sports besides quidditch for the twins. She smiled at Rosa when she stated she was muggleborn.
"I'm half blood myself. What's Hockey like?" She asked. She had heard the name of the sport, but her father was a business man and had no time for silly nonsense like sports.

OOC:...

Feeling: Enthusiastic
Where I am: Ravenclaw Tables
What I'm doing: Sitting and Talking
Who I'm with: Ravenclaws
Love interest: Jack

The days are fading
Like they're one in the same
Picture perfect doesn't mean much to me

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

hulusis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:47 pm

"Oh hey, that's cool. You're special. You're like the coolest person in your whole family." Angela smiled, though it was different from a regular smile, it was a special smile. One that you used when someone you fancied talked to you or carried your books down a flight of stairs, or told you that they didn't want to move seats when you sit right behind them. Or a smile when you make friends, which can be harder than it seems.

When Gracie asked, Angela smiled like the Cheshire cat, minus the creepiness. "Hockey's awesome. I suppose it's kinda like Quidditch, except there's a goalie in hockey instead of a keeper, and you ice skate instead of fly brooms, and there's no Seeker, and there's only a puck, not multiple balls." Angela said, reciting the facts like she was going through note cards, except she was staring at above her and nodding her head to each item she ticked off her list.

"Each period is twenty minutes long, and the object is to get the puck into the next as many times as possible. It usually doesn't score quite so high, since each goal is only worth one point, but once I saw a game where the team had score eight goals, which is a lot."

Time: To explain da hockey.
House:
Ravenclaw

...let it go.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:35 pm

Picture perfect, that's what it seems
They've got this whole thing figured out,
We'll leave this place behind, doesn't that feel right?
Picture perfect, it's picture perfect

GRACIE MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Ravenclaw|||Half blood|||First Year|||

User Image
Gracie laughed as she explained the game. She had said it was like quidditch, but from the sounds of it, it wasn't really. "It doesn't sound much like quidditch, but I'm sure it's quite fun to watch." She paused for a moment and then nodded her head. "I'd probably be rubbish at playing though. Sports and I don't really agree." She smiled at Angela, and ruffled her hair. "I prefer watching to playing any kind. I've broken a lot of bones playing quidditch, but I guess that comes with being a billion feet in the air." She waved her hands to exaggerate the height of the game, laughing as she did so.

OOC:...

Feeling: Enthusiastic
Where I am: Ravenclaw Tables
What I'm doing: Sitting and Talking
Who I'm with: Ravenclaws
Love interest: Jack

The days are fading
Like they're one in the same
Picture perfect doesn't mean much to me

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

hulusis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:00 am

"Yeah, I suppose it's not anything like Quidditch. I mean, there are a few similarities, but then, I guess, not much else. " Angela explained. "I've never actually played hockey, but I've been ice skating once, and it was pretty fun. Actually, all the sports I like to play, I hate to watch, but not vise versa. Okay, like running, I hate it. I used to like it, but don't now. It's so boring, like a hamster wheel." Angela wasn't exaggerating, at least not to her own ears, though she sounded exasperated, so she probably was. Running could be fun... no, that's a lie. It isn't.

Quidditch, ah yeah. That. Angela had seen a few games, but hadn't taking much of an interest in it. She watched it, occasionally, she talked about it, occasionally, but she didn't have books or pictures or other such things of any team in particular. It wasn't that the sport was boring, it was just so fast paced that she never really got quite what was going on until the play had already been over. "I've yet to break a bone, though, maybe I'll get lucky this year." Angela said sarcastically. There was still a smile playing on her lips, though.

So far, she hadn't been particularly hostile to anyone. Which was good.

Time: To smirk.
House:
Ravenclaw

...let it go.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:16 am

User Image
☆═━┈☯┈━═☆
Simon Meridith

Third Year Ravenclaw
☆═━┈☯┈━═☆

✔Age: Thirteen
✔Mood: Hungry
✔Status: Single

Si chuckled at what Chase said about his brother. The second year boy knew his brother pretty well, actually. Simon nodded slightly towards his comment about the Professors being able to handle all the students. "True, but Merlin forgive us if something were to go wrong, like last year. Though, something good came of that," he said, remembering Riley asking him to go to the dance with him that night. The memory brought a smile to his face and butterflies to his stomach. That was exactly when Clarissa spoke to him. "Oh, uh, yeah. I did, sorta. I read some books and started learning how to be a book binder like my dad. How about you?"

Out Of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:34 pm

User Image
User Image

A book binder? Clare nodded as Simon spoke "Book binder. Sounds like fun...." she said and paused for a moment then spoke again. "Umm. I spent it with my family.. And my mum and dad showed me different charms you can do. But I couldn't do them" she replied and thought about the pretty colours the charms ad made.

User Image
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:22 pm

]User Image
☆═━┈☯┈━═☆
Simon Meridith

Third Year Ravenclaw
☆═━┈☯┈━═☆

He smirked when Clarissa said that being a book binder sounded like fun. "Oh, don't josh. It's a boring job, but the chance to work with old books, some rare and ancient... that is the real rewarding part. Taking an old manuscript and restoring it new life..." He paused and realized he was rambling. "Sorry, I started rambling."

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:05 pm

User Image
☽═━┈━┈━═☾
Anyanka Swan

Headmistress
☽═━┈━┈━═☾

Anyanka Swan, the Headmistress here at Hogwarts, nodded to Professor Evernight as she finished the Sorting and then rose from her seat. She moved to the podium and the owl spread its wings, ushering the room into silence. She smiled at all of the faces focusing on her. "Hello everyone. For those of you who were newly Sorted, I am Headmistress Swan. And to those of you who already know me, I say welcome back. This year will prove to be an exciting one. I expect all of you to compete for the House Cup and earn your House honor. I would like to remind all students that the Forbidden Forest is off limits to all students. And remember students what a wise man once said, he said, 'help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who need it.' Now, let us enjoy our Welcoming Feast!" With that, she clapped her hands and the food appeared on the tables.

⇨{Out of Character}⇦
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:44 pm

RILEY J CREVAN

THIRD YEAR

RAVENCLAW

User Image

User Image
Riley entered the great hall and made her way towards the Ravenclaw table. She hoped no one noticed her late entry and assumed most people would be more attentive to the sorting and their other friends to notice. Still couldn't believe she had dropped it. She spotted a seat beside Simon. "Hi." She said as she sat down beside him and smiled. She nodded to Clare in greeting as she listened to Simon talk about binding books as she got some food. It did sound like it could be dull but the way he spoke of it made it sound interesting.
User Image

User Image

Grim Vanity

Tipsy Lover

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:31 pm

User Image
☆═━┈☯┈━═☆
Simon Meridith

Third Year Ravenclaw
☆═━┈☯┈━═☆

Simon turned as Riley dropped into the seat he was saving her. And yep, there they were again... the butterflies. Simon understood now why he had this feeling. Her auburn hair, her bright brown eyes... he liked her. A lot. He swallowed hard and glanced at the Gryffindor Table, catching eyes with his brother Samuel. Sam had given him a pep talk, well more like a lecture over the summer about Riley and how he should suck it up and talk to her. Simon swallowed again and forced a confidence into his throat. "Hey Ri. You missed Sorting," he said, sounding confident about talking to her, "We got a bunch of new students. Ri, you remember Chase, right?" he said, indicating the now second year boy that was sitting with him.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games