Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Boathouse Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:43 pm
User Image
Dorien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Curious at the Boathousespace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // His Brothers, First Yearsspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excited, amazedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Wow, there really is a Giant Squid, that's so cool!' spacespac

☼ ☼ ☼ When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me;
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
☼ ☼ ☼
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDorian was out of the boat a mere second or so after it was properly docked. He shot over to Julius with a smile, waving. "You guess? I haven't seen you since we got off the train!" His tone implied that this had occurred ages ago and not mere minutes, a half hour at the most. The youngest Xander triplet eyed his fellow first years with an excited look, not surprised it'd been hard to keep up with one another... of course, it might have to do in part with his impatience and the fact that a crowd made it rather hard for the other boys to keep up with him. "Look at all these other kids, though, did you think there'd be so many? I had no idea there were this many wizards!" His trip to Diagon Alley really should've prepared the child for seeing so many people at the school, but honestly, even with all those people there, he'd somehow convinced himself that it must've been the entire magical population of Great Britain. After all, how could so many witches and wizards be hiding right under everyone else's noses? And yet, it seemed they were, because there were a lot of other students. He still couldn't quite believe it.

spaceDori turned just in time to see a wave of water wash over himself and the other children. He wiped the water from his eyes, about to ask what had happened, when he saw red tentacles flailing about from the lake. His grin widened to an almost cartoonish level, and he jumped, clapping excitedly. "Guys, there really is a Giant Squid, lookit! Oh, my gosh, that's amazing!" He wasn't sure if he was making a fool of himself, Giant Squids could be commonplace among magical types for all he knew, but he didn't particularly care. He was far too excited to be delving into this new world. Such an amazing show from something he'd never even known could exist was surely a sign that this year was going to be amazing, right? Ever the optimist, he was counting on it.

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ☼ ☼ ☼ And in my hour of darkness, she is standing right in front of me;
                                                          Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
                                                          ☼ ☼ ☼

(( OOC: ))

Sir Spazalots

ElegantVictorainRose

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:07 am
User Image
▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █

Rory had rode on motorcycles, slept on roofs, hung upside down from circus lines, and swam in oceans and yet she was still weary of rickety rackety boat that was taking them across the lake. When it finally reached land she was one of the first to jump off and practically kiss the dirt beneath her feet.
And then out of nowhere, well she couldn't exactly say "nowhere" since she was pretty sure it came from the lake, a giant bloody squid came out and began splashing and poking at him. Part of her wanted to scream at the complete and utter barmyness of this school but she had been too busy laughing at either the stunned faces of her peers or at how ridiculous the squid was being. When she tells her Da about this he's sure to flip! One other kid was just as excited and was jumping and clapping happily over the exuberant squid. Rory only shook her head and managed to get two good pictures of the thing before it returned back into the murky waters.
Cara MiaKitty

kiska166

ElegantVictorainRose

Sir Spazalots

Kai Sparrowheart

500 Days of Summer

Greycast

==== ☠ ====

I give it all my oxygen
So let the flames begin
So let the flames begin
Oh glory, oh glory

Wearing
Where am I~Boathouse
Who's here~Rosemary and Dorian and other first years
Squid HO!

This is how we'll dance when
When they try to take us down
This is what will be, oh glory

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:09 am
User Image
User Image

When they had finally reached shore, the youngest Romellier took a moment to shrug on her backpack as her companions got out of the vessel. As she was going to do so as well, the blonde found a hand in line of sight. Looking up, she saw the girl, hand extended towards her. "Oh, thank you!" Flashing a grateful smile, Anastasia took the offered hand, allowing her to help her off the boat.

When they were finally on solid ground, she introduced herself and the blonde found herself tucking away her companion's names so she wouldn't forget, shaking the hand in hers as she made a new friend. "Ally it is," she beamed, glad to talk to the girl. Walking along to the line with their little group, Anita nodded at the hissed pleasantry she received from Ashley with a smile. "My brothers call me Attie, or Anita, so you can just choose which one you like better," the first year told Ally, standing around as they all waited for something to happen. Upon mention of the Parselmouth-thing, she laughed sheepishly, fidgeting with the straps of her backpack like she was prone to do. Anita had a habit of keeping her hands busy and without Rommel-- her Western Hognose back home-- there doing his usual gliding-through-her-fingers thing, she was feeling kind of bare with her hands. "I didn't really either. I thought I was going to go through the whole school-thing without having anyone know, to be honest," she replied, sort of surprised now that there was another Parselmouth other than her. That was kind of nice-- at least she wasn't completely alone in one aspect of that.

"I'm from good ol' London-- nothing special, really," Anita laughed, hoping she didn't disappoint any expectations. "I don't really have the time or funds to get around much-- I'm hoping to change that, actua... do you see that?" Trailing off in the middle of her sentence, the girl watched, fascinated as the famed Giant Squid-- or its tentacles, anyway-- began poking at the students. She didn't miss the one that strayed a bit too close in Ashley's direction, biting back an amused grin but she was too busy with her internal turmoil at the moment to do much.

Okay.

She was gonna touch it.

Moving close to an appendage near them, she stuck out her hand, managing to pat the limb before skipping back to her place beside Ally and Ashley. She got to touch it! It was wet. And rubbery. Surprisingly, it wasn't slimy, like she thought it'd be. Turning back to the girl, she grinned sheepishly, apologizing for her sudden run-off. "I'm sorry about that-- I just really like sealife. And reptiles. I'm planning on taking marine biology and making a living off that," she told the other girl, tone slightly apologetic. She did tend to have a habit of running off with herself.

h o w d o y o u d o t h e r e?- - -
p a r s e l m o u t h
s t a t i o n

a l o n e
h e l l o , w o r l d !
e x c i t e d
s i n g l e

Quote:

Diamond Wales

Voracious Voxy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:16 am
Oh, written in the stars
A million miles away
A message to the main
Seasons come and go
But I will never change
And I'm on my way
You're listening now
They ain't heard nothing like this in a while

User Image
Eleazar Draven Bradley
- Unknown Blood - Unsorted - First Year -
[feeling: traumatized] [thinking: land.. finally..] [with: crowd] [at: boathouse]

Eleazar now knew that things could always get worse. Always. That really became apparent as a wave of water crashed over them. He stood there in soaking wet shock. And then he saw a giant tentacle out of the corner of his eye, and basic survival instincts took hold. He scurried out of the range of the monstrous tentacle and watched in silence, shivering, as students took pictures and... actually touched the wriggling limb. He was in awe of the curly haired girl's nerve but remained where he was, trying to squeeze water out of his hair and clothes. Great. Maybe he'd catch pneumonia by the time they got inside.

One day I had a dream. I tried to chase it. But it wasn't going anywhere.

I used to be the kid that no one cared about
That's why you have to keep screaming till they hear you out
For a sec I even gave up believing and praying
They say that money is the root to the evilest ways
But have you ever been so hungry it keeps you awake?
Mate, now my hunger would leave them amazed
Great, it feels like a long time coming
Since the day I thought of that cunning plan

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

PropertyofGaara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:43 pm
User Image

Unsorted First Year

The blonde was just about to tail after Iñigo into the crowd when he felt his back get pelted with water. Spinning around expectantly to find the source, Wren was not disappointed when he saw massive red tentacles looping and curling out of the water like a giant ribbon on an emerging present. He laughed with unbridled joy - his first magical creature. He watched gingerly as it's swirling tentacles loomed over the crowd and darted down to touch unsuspecting or squeamish victims. But by the time it retreated before blessing him with a prod, he couldn't help but feel just a little envious of his select lucky peers. Especially the curly haired blonde girl who was gutsy enough to walk up and touch a tentacle herself. What a ridiculous thing to get upset over, Wren dismissed his negativity. There'll be the whole next seven years to see the squid. And there's so much more to be excited about, he thought as he turned back to look at the castle which had been further than he had estimated - everything was enormous here! Fiora climbed back on top of his head, feeling more like herself now that she was on solid ground and the squid had left. She pawed his clingy wet bangs back and off of his forehead, bringing attention to how wet he was. His back felt so chilled he almost felt half naked. "Makes you wish they'd marked the splash zone, eh?" He remarked in passing to another boy who was wringing out his clothes. "Also makes you wish the school uniform were made of wool." He mumbled more to himself. The nature wise boy had spent many a drizzly day outside, and wool clothes made all the difference between freezing or almost feeling cozy.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:43 pm
User Image
User Image

Rosabella half smiled when Coffee joined her in the line up. The shorter girl hadn't mentioned much to the tall brunette. Actually, she hadn't said much to anyone, really. Sure, she found out a few of her peers' names but nothing else. Brown eyes locked onto Jesse's when he approached them. "I'm Rosabella," she said simply, giving the boy a small nod. The girl couldn't remember if she had or hadn't told him her name already, but it didn't hurt to repeat it. There wasn't enough time for the awkward silence to kick in because the students were sprayed with a billion drops of water. What the..? The first year brushed off her arm as she turned her head to see where it came from. Pupils wide, jaw dropped, and yet more water hitting her, the first year realized that the man-eating squid was indeed real. In fact, it had swam right up to the dock and began poking random students with its tentacles. Frozen in her spot, Rosabella couldn't move when the squid reached out and wiped its tentacle along her shoulder which caused her to jump a few feet back. I don't wanna be eaten! she thought, unable to use her mouth for words. Surely, somebody had to do something about this creature before it killed or ate or chewed on her, right?!

Kai Sparrowhear
500 Days of Summer
Greycast

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:55 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Half-Blood | | Eleven Years Old | | First Year | | Unsorted
Ten inches. Ash Wood. Fox Fur. Supple.

xxxxThe boat slowly came to a stop at the docks where many students had already gotten out. As soon as they hit land, Lexine hopped out of the boat and onto the docks, not wanting to stay on any longer. She may have no fear of the water, but sitting in an uncomfortable wooden boat wasn't exactly on the top of her list. Plus, she was very eager to get to the school.

outfit | | ooc :: lame post, but blame writer's block | | voice clip

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:10 pm
Darrian opened his eyes as his boat came to a slow halt at the boathouse. Moving slowly and looking at the water as little as possible he hopped up onto the dock and immediately, yet calmly put as much distance between himself and the water. Raising his head and opening his eyes fully he looked around at the first years...well...his peers now really. He wasn't much shakes at starting conversation unless it was pointless ramblings, so he merely shoved his hands into his pockets and looked up at the high ceiling curiously. This was interesting. A castle that had stood thousands of years, and here he was. Slowly, a small grin crept onto his face.  

Hizuma the Troublesome

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:14 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Lake → Boathouse

Alice and Jasper watched the view go by as they crossed the lake. When they got to the docks Jasper helped the girls out of the boat before getting out himself. Alice smiled as she lined up and waited to be taken up into the castle. She was so excited but nervous at the same time. All it took was Jasper to take her hand to calm her down. She smiled lightly at him to assure him she was alright. Hopefully all would go well.

Seeing the Squid start poking students Alice found it kind of cool there really was a squid. However it still creeped her out after all it was a squid. “So there really is a squid… they aren’t the most charming creatures I must say despite how cool it is.” Alice commented. “It’s just a squid.” Jasper said thinking it was a little weird for the creature to be making itself known. Did it normally do that?

With: Jasper, Lexine

With: Alice, Lexine

OOC: ---

((Outfits in pics))

Arkendrai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:29 pm
Iñigo Lazaro Albion-Alexandré

User Image

House: TBA{|}Seer{|}First Year

Iñigo was surprised to feel some kind of wet, moving object touch him and it confused him. And when he looked back, all he could see was giant squid tentacles touching him and the other students. He found it quite enjoying and quite the way to have his nerves completely expelled. He laughed as the water hit him and laughed when the squid had reached its tentacles and touched the top of his head.

"Esta es una vista increíble. No puedo esperar para el resto del año," he said to himself, smiling. He was ready to step foot in the castle now. He couldn't believe it took a giant squid to settle his nerves. All he could think of was the Sorting before the squid had decided to show its face. Now, all he could think about was the squid that had kind of communicated by its own means with the students.

Iñigo waited, completely relaxed, in line and hoped they would be moving soon. Now he couldn't wait to see what laid behind the doors of the castle. It had to be beautiful and he was eager to be able to live in the place for the school year. He also wondered at the same what creatures laid behind the doors. Did they have any?

“There is no death. Only a change of worlds.”

(Loose Translation: This is an incredible sight. I can't wait for the rest of the year)  

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:10 pm
User Image
                                                      You don't have to say you love me
                                                      Just be close at hand
                                                      You don't have to stay forever
                                                      I will understand
                                                      Believe me, believe me
                                                      I can't help but love you

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════
                                                      Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Hᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ Hᴏᴜsᴇ || Dᴇᴘᴜᴛʏ Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅ Lᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ
                                                      ════════════════════════

Timothy walked down to the shore, his robes trailing behind him as he looked over the new first years. He was certain that they were probably nervous, and ready to go inside. However, a smile graced his features as he noticed the arms of the giant squid trying to poke unsuspecting first years. Coming forward, he waved to the group, noting how many there were. Well, no time like the present. "I see you have all met the Giant Squid. Don't worry, it's harmless. I am Timothy Steele, professor of Wizard Law and Deputy Headmaster of the school. If you would please follow me, I will lead you inside." He gestured for the first years to follow him, only waiting for stragglers to catch up as necessary.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Looks to be an interesting assortment this year.
                                                      OOC: Please post in the Antechamber here and wait for instructions.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:24 am
User Image

Anita seemed to suit the girl as she rattled off her various nicknames. It sounded like the girl’s family involved a great deal of jocular teasing between the blonde and her brothers, but also a lot of love as well. Ally always hoped that one day she would have a little brother or sister. But now… Realizing that the sullen look had washed over her face she did a tiny head shake and reordered her thoughts. Her parents were gone and she couldn’t let that sadness bleed into her current happiness. This was a new start. Her Hogwarts journey was beginning, she was meeting new people, this was going to be great. She would make it great.

About to respond, she heard lots of gasps and exclamations. Turning, a group tentacles had risen out of the lake and were waving back and forth. As they reached forward for the students, Ally initially tensed. But seeing the playful manner that it touched them, she giggled as she watched. Anita stepped forward to stroke a tentacle and Ally was doing the same thing to the side. Soon the blonde was turning around, apologizing for her interest. But Ally only half heard her as the tentacle had turned and was gently boffing one side of her head as she giggled.

With a final pat, she stepped back in line next to her new friend. ”You don’t need to explain to me. I love animals, magical or mundane, land or sea. I used to always say that was what I wanted to do. Be some sort of magical creature specialist when I was older. I can’t wait until our third year so we can take Care of Magical Creatures.”

She realized that she was gushing and with a slight blush she quieted. The line was beginning to move forward anyway. They were on their way to the castle.

Voracious Voxy

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:39 pm
User Image

User Image

╬ Single ╬ Fifth Year ╬ Screwed to Hell ╬

t h r e e m a y k e e p a s e c r e t i f t w o o f t h e m a r e d e a d

ΦΦΦΦΦмαry hαd α lıttlε lαмb, hıs εyεs αs blαck αs coαls...

Rui waited silently in the shadows of the boat house. Golden eyes watched with intrigue as he walked right past her as he looked for her. She'd told him to meet her here, and now she could finally have him back. Finally. 'Knock him out before he can run!'

'Don't do it my sweet child!' The teary voice echoed in her head, only making her angrier. Why was her mother so against having her other son back. If she killed Rei then they would finally all be together again. All of them. A family again! They didn't need her father. He could rot in hell for all Rui cared. She just wanted her beloved brother to be with her once again. He was so distant, so far away. This was the only way. 'That's right Roo! The only way. So knock him out! Knock him out now! NOW!' Rui swung the rock in her hand up and bashed it down on the back of his skull. As he cried out in pain just before his body slumped to the floor, tears filled her eyes and slowly slid down her cheeks.

"Why am I crying?"

'They're tears of joy Roo. You know he'll be with us soon.'

'My sweet sweet girl. You've let your brother poison your mind, but there is still some bit left of you isn't there? That's why you cry. You cry because you know killing Rei is wrong. You know somewhere in this shadowy mind of yours that it was a blessing when Ryn died!'

'Shut her up now!'

'He only wants me to shut up because he's afraid you'll realize I'm right! Listen to me Rui!'

'I said SHUT HER UP! You stupid piece of worthless s**t! Shut her the ******** up Zander!'

'Listen to your mother Rui!'

Zander easily subdued the woman in Rui's head, tying her up in the dark spider webs inside of her mind. Rui's hands grabbed at her hair and she sobbed. 'It's all just talk Roo. You know that. I'm the one that's always been here for you. Not Mother. She doesn't know what's good for you. I do. I'm your Brother. I know what's best! I was the one who saved you as a little girl from the neighbor's dogs! I'm the one who protected baby Rei from the bullies! I'm the one who led you to greatness! Me!' Rui nodded her head slowly.

"Yes Rynny. You have always been the one. You know what's right. Rei has to join us." She whispered, tears still sliding down pale cheeks and glistening in the moonlight. But Ryn had to be right. She was crying from joy. She was excited to have her brother back. That had to be it. She pulled the knife from her robes quietly and tore open his shirt just like she'd done before. A quit cut to his cheek. A few simple slices across his other cheek, his arm and his chest. Everything had to be perfect or else he might not join them in her head. Methodically she slammed the knife into his shoulder and he gasped awake, staring at her in horror. "No. No. No. Rei don't worry. I'm helping you!" She whispered, stroking his bleeding cheek with her free hand, smearing blood across his skin and hers. "It's all going to be okay after this. I promise." Her tears splattered onto his bloody chest as she pulled the knife from his shoulder and he cried out in pain.

'Now a deep cut across his chest Rui. Make him bleed and set his legs on fire. But it has to be deep enough he bleeds out before the fire consumes him. You can do this Rui.' Rui nodded her head in submission. Ryn was right. Ryn was always right. She should never doubt him.

"Deep enough to bleed out. I know Rynny." Golden eyes saw the shocked look cross her brothers face and she smiled at him joyfully. "You finally see don't you Rei? I'm doing this for you. For us. You're going to join us. You're going to be with Ryn again!" As she dug the knife into his chest, blood spattering out onto her, her brother's desperate pleas pierced the night air. He'd understand soon though. It'd be okay. As she set his legs on fire, he asked her why she'd subject him to Ryn's evil again, and she just stared at him in confusion. Ryn wasn't evil. Ryn loved them..... right?

The light faded from her twin brother's blue eyes and she quickly filled his robes and pockets with stones before dragging him to the edge of the dock.
                                              "You'll be with us soon Rei. I love you." She whispered, before throwing his body into the lake and watching him sink. As he disappeared into the icy black depths, she dropped to her knees, sobs ripping through her body like tidal waves.

'Don't worry Sister. All you have to do is trust me.'

...If wε plαy vεry quıεt, мy lαмb, мαry nεvεr hαs to knowΦΦΦΦΦ

b u t t h e b e s t w a y t o k e e p a s e c r e t i s t o n e v e r t e l l i n s t e a d

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:45 pm
User Image

ʻHer bone structure screamsʼ

ʻTouch her! Touch her!ʼ

ʻAnd she's got the curse of curvesʼ

Her boat was the first to slide into the boat house. She stepped out on to the docks and turned ready to help students out of her boat. She watched all the children to ensure they got out safely and no one needed her attention."Alright listen up, please line up here and talk if you wish. Soon we will move to the castle for your sorting. So don't do anything you will regret." She added the last part hoping they would behave themselves. Kat moved to stand at the bottom of the stairway waiting for the Deputy to show up and take them away.

ʻI want someone provocative and talkativeʼ

ʻBut it's so hard when you're shallow as a showerʼ

ʻAnd from what I've heard with skin you'll winʼ

User Image

((Out.Of.Cuddles.~ please just post until we give you further instructions.))  

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:33 pm
User Image

Thane Findlay
First Year~Muggleborn~Unsorted

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Thane stepped gingerly onto the floor of the boathouse, trying to ignore the cold that was running up and down his body like rainwater. Honestly, the whole experience had been dreadful. It was cold because he didn't have a scarf, he was hungry, and so far the only redeeming factor of the entire situation was nowhere to be found.
"Kaaaalin," Thane called, annoyed with himself for being lonely. He was never lonely. Why was he lonely? Maybe it was because his arm was tired and he needed someone to carry his trunk. Maybe it was because he had actually made a friend for once. Eww.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games