Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Paved Courtyard ("The Quad") Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:05 am
User ImageUser Image

I see this life like a swinging vine, swing my heart across the line in my face is flashing signs, seek it out and ye shall find...

Company: A boy.
                                                Thoughts: He is not a professor.
                                                Wearing: ehhh hold on.
                                                The Feels: Confused.

Aubrey raised an eyebrow at the boy. He, most definitely, looked younger than herself or at least as old. She crossed her arms over her chest, "Don't think I'm stupid," Bree raised her chin a bit higher so she could look down at him, "You are a student. Don't think you can lie to me, sir." She wouldn't stand for a younger year thinking that he could trick her into letting him slide. Yes, technically, she wasn't tricking him into thinking she was a prefect, but still, Aubrey wasn't breaking the rules, now was she?

OOC: closed~
                                                And I feel something so wrong, by doing the right thing, I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie. Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly...

Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:27 am
User Image
User Image

The man laughed. Honestly, it was all pretty amusing, even if there was a small part of him that just wanted to scream and break down at the fact that he looked too young to do a lot of things, goddammit. Raising a brow, the young man made space for the younger to sit down-- he has a feeling it would be taking a while. "I never said anything of the sort," he told her, voice still light. "And I'm not telling lies-- Jackson Giovanni, Ancient Studies Professor," he told her wryly.

"It's commendable of you to enforce the school rules, even without the mandatory duty of prefectdom," he remarked with a droll smirk. "Unnecessary as it is-- still commendable, Miss...?" he asked, leaving the question open-ended and trailed off, making overt the inquiry.

t h e r e a r e p l a c e s t o be s e e n , t a l e s t o b e h e a r d - - -
c l a s s r o o m

c l a s s
c l a s s i s i n s e s s i o n
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e
o o c: closed~

Rawwry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:59 am
User Image

User Image
ℭompany:
ℑhoughts:
ℱeeling:
ℒocation:

I see this life like a swinging vine, swing my heart across the line in my face is flashing signs, seek it out and ye shall find...

Aubrey frowned when he laughed, he thought this was funny? She was reprimanding him and he found it was funny? That made her angry. So angry in fact, she didn't take the seat he had made for her. Bree's ears turned red and her eyes narrowed at him. Just as she opened her mouth to yell at him, a small voice in the back of her mind asked, what if he really is a professor? Aubrey ground her teeth to keep her mouth shut until she calmed down a bit. "...Thank you," Bree looked at him suspiciously, "Aubrey Gardiner..."Professor"," She put the emphasis on "Professor", for she was still not sure whether to believe him or not. The Slytherin looked at the space he had left her and slowly lowered herself to sit in it. She let her eyes search Jackson's face almost curiously for any signs of lying and showed a small frown when she couldn't see any. Either he was an exceptionally good liar or he wasn't lying at all. And the latter wouldn't be very good for her.

And I feel something so wrong, by doing the right thing, I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie. Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly...

Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:37 am
User Image
User Image

Jackson's dry expression softened into a lighter one as the girl took a seat. "You're welcome," he smiled, going back to reading his tome, absently checking off a few points he could possibly use. "It's a pleasure to meet you, then, Miss Gardiner." The way the redhead pronounced his title had the Italian laughing again, not even taking into account the suspicious look he was being thrown. At this point, he was sort of used to it and accepted the fact that he would be having suspicious stares for the most of his time here.

"I don't generally expect people to believe me right away," he spoke wryly, glancing up at the younger Slytherin. "All this," here he gestured to himself in general, smile instantly turning a little more bitter, though subtly. "--tends to belie the words." Looking up from the tome and his jottings, he frowned slightly, a little bit confused. "Are you on a free period?" He wasn't as familiar with the schedules of all the levels yet so he was assuming for the first few weeks.

c l a s s r o o m

c l a s s
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

Rawwry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:37 pm
User Image

User Image
ℭompany: "Professor" Jackson Giovanni.
ℑhoughts: His laughing is making me angry.
ℱeeling: Angry, but curious.
ℒocation: The Quad.

Aubrey furrowed her eyebrows at his second laugh. She didn't understand what was so funny. That he looked younger than her and she was to believe that he was a professor? "How old are you then? If you're a professor, you gotta be older than me, right?" Bree watched as he checked off and noted a few things in his book. "I am...I take it you are too?" Bree was starting to believe he might be a professor, because nobody really studied besides first years, fifth years and seventh years, the latter two because of exams. Which, unfortunately, she'd be taking this year.

Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:32 am
User Image
User Image

"That depends, really, how old are you?" Jackson smiled, teasing back. He was definitely a bit older than the majority of the student population in Hogwarts. At least, he thought he was. "Last I checked, I was twenty-three," he clarified, tapping his pen against his book.

"Goes with how you look at it,"
                                                        the man sighed wryly, shooting the large tome a half-assed glare before grinning up at the Aubrey. "I'm free from teaching for next few hours, if that's what you mean." Hogwarts had a freer schedule for professors-- something that had both surprised and delighted him. It would have been a shame if his whole time in the place had to be taken up by work.

c l a s s r o o m

c l a s s
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

Rawwry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:44 am
User Image

User Image

Aubrey blinked, "If you're twenty-three, I am eight years younger than you." She had learned to do math in the orphanage, but she was still a bit surprised she remembered it so easily. If he had a while before he had class again, why was he spending the beginning of it doing stuff productively? Wouldn't it be easier to just procrastinate? So, naturally, she asked the first question that came to mind, "Do professors have lives outside of school? Or do they just do school work all the time?"

Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:04 pm
User Image
User Image

"Well, I have a life outside it," Jackson laughed, finding the question amusing. "I think most of them do. If you take Wandless Magic, the professor most certainly has a life outside it," the man snorted in amusement, thinking of Amber and her wild nightlife. The nightlife which, incidentally, he was always dragged off to enjoy as well.

"Schoolwork takes up the majority of it, but there's enough time to relax," he shrugged, crossing his legs to make himself more comfortable. "I reckon I am-- eight years younger, I mean." Jackson smiled, enjoying the company. He loved his best friend dearly but aside from students in a class setting, he hadn't exactly talked to anyone. He supposed that was normal, but unlike a lot of educators, Jackson was less inclined to keep his circle of close interaction in the classroom or limited to those of his ilk. People were people, after all.

c l a s s r o o m

c l a s s
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

Rawwry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:28 pm
User Image

User Image

Aubrey pursed her lips, he kept laughing at her. They were only questions. Questions were meant to be answered, right? Especially by a professor. "I have another question...Why do you keep laughing? I don't particularly remember making a joke. But did I?" She cocked her head to the side, similarly to the way a dog would. "And I do take Wandless Magic, I intend to become an Auror. I heard they have lives outside of their jobs." She cracked a small smile. That last bit was supposed to be funny, but maybe he didn't think it was funny. Maybe it was opposite for Professors. Perhaps they thought not funny things were funny and funny things weren't funny. Bree frowned at the thought, that'd be odd. They could potentially laugh at someone's death. This brought her to her next question, "Can Professors control their laughter?"

Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:04 am
User Image
User Image

"You don't need to make a joke to be funny," Jackson explained with a smile, toning down his laughter. Honestly, she was precious! Were all the students here like this? "You'd know Amber, then," the veela asked, a droll smile playing on his expression. He let out another lighter laugh at the mention of Aurors having social lives and nodded. "Take care of yourself out there, okay?" Jackson would have gone on-- the sort of realization that after school, one couldn't look out for students anymore was a sort of sad notion, he thought-- except the last question came and he was hard-pressed not to laugh.

"I think they can,"
                                                        he grinned, thoroughly amused by the young girl and her questions. "Some of us just like to laugh, and all professors are just a little bit crazy-- from the workload, you see-- and the laughing helps a lot with the stress," he explained, from his point of view. "Have you ever heard of the phrase, 'laughter is the best medicine?' That's what we take into account," he nodded, emphasizing his point.

c l a s s r o o m

c l a s s
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

Rawwry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:25 am
User Image

User Image

Aubrey thought for a second, then nodded, "Does that mean I'm funny looking or something?" She asked. She had heard the kids at the orphanage say stuff like that before. Was that what he was talking about? "I'll try my best. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?" Bree thought about it for second, then turned a shade whiter than usual, as if realizing the worst of what could happen. Quickly, the girl brushed those thoughts away. She looked up at the professor once again, "How different are professors compared to students? And if you're sick, shouldn't you be resting instead of laughing? Or are you talking about the depression side of sick?"

Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:52 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable at the Paved Courtyardspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Inspiredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'This is going to look great as soon as I get this line right...' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ Hello again, friend of a friend, I knew you when
Our common goal was waiting for the world to end
ஒ ஒ ஒ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceGypsy sat, huddled over her sketchbook, her hands moving furiously, her eyes trained on the page. She didn't know what it was with her lately, but her creative juices were flowing a bit higher than usual. Maybe there was a leak... she giggled at the thought. A leak in the factory that was her brain, making her creative juices leak all over the place. That was either hilarious, or disgusting. She couldn't decide which. The Ravenclaw didn't mind, though. She'd been doing good work this term; her work was improving, and she was making more of it. It was all mostly still in the sketch phase, of course, since finding a quiet place to paint was a royal pain in the arse around here, but for the most part, she was enjoying herself just sketching. The Ravenclaw's pink and black hair fell over her shoulder and into her face, but she barely even noticed. There was something wrong... there! A line out of place, throwing her proportions out of whack. She just had to fix it... she erased the line, leaving a light impression so she could gauge where it had been to prevent putting it in the same place... but when she redrew it, it still wasn't quite right. Another try, then... she repeated this process three times before it was even close to how she wanted it, and scowled. Well, that was annoying. And anyway, when did she become such a perfectionist? Normally sloppy proportions and exaggerated features were welcome in her work... must be her art classes getting to the better of her, she mused. Ah, well. Improvement wasn't a bad thing, after all. She angled her eraser to only take out a portion of the line, hoping that maybe a slight change in angle would help...

ஒ ஒ ஒ Now that the truth is just a rule that you can bend
                                                          You crack the whip, shape-shift and trick the past again.
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:54 pm
Since I was born they couldn't hold me down
Another misfit kid, another burned-out town
Never played by the rules I never really cared
My nasty reputation takes me everywhere

I look and see it's not only me
So many others have stood where I stand
We are the young so raise your hands

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Crash
Fourth Year Gryffindor

The rattle of wheels echoed, the commotion racketed against the concrete floors. Sandy blonde hair under a red hat dotted in the distance in a ripped jeans and a faded white long sleeve shirt; he balanced himself on a skateboard and kicked at the ground to gain speed. His back foot hit the tail of his deck for a quick ollie, but this time at an angle to try and make the board spin under his feet before landing on it. But it didn’t turn enough and his shoes hit the rail of his deck instead and it slammed sideways into the concrete. He bounced off and stumbled to catch his footing. ”Aw ********> he growled. The toes of his shoes kicked his overturned skateboard back onto his wheels and bounced back on its deck. The velocity propelled him forward and he paused to take in the scenery. Not too far away, a familiar girl loomed over a notebook, a pencil delicately stroking the page and then the eraser furiously swiped at it seconds after. He curved to skate closer towards her direction. Her hair was bursting. He thought it was red, others said pink, one said purple. He didn’t even know her name, but he knew the one thing that everyone knew about her. ”What’s up?”

Crash planted his foot down firmly, the other slid against the grip tape of his board to its tail to stand it up on two wheels and keep it from darting away. Chocolaty eyes gleamed, trying to see what she was hiding in that sketchbook. ”Watcha’ drawnin?”

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Height: 5' Weight: 134lbs Age: 14
The Quad
With Gypsy
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image

They call us problem child
We spend our lives on trial
We walk an endless mile
We are the youth gone wild
We stand and we won't fall
We're the one and one for all
The writing's on the wall

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:49 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable at the Paved Courtyardspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Inspiredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'This is going to look great as soon as I get this line right...' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ Hello again, friend of a friend, I knew you when
Our common goal was waiting for the world to end
ஒ ஒ ஒ

spaceGypsy could hear the sound of someone near her, but didn't really notice it. She was too focused on her work. She was, on some level, aware of his presence, but she didn't bother to pay him any mind; he wasn't bothering her, after all. So, when he approached on his skateboard and spoke to her, it was just enough of a shock to make her eyes flash black and cause her to flinch and drop her pencil. She eyed the place it had fallen to, watching it slowly roll a couple feet away, glaring a bit. Well. She blinked, her eyes returning to the usual pink tone, and looked up at the guy. "... Could you get that for me?" she asked, her tone slightly biting. Well, he had been the one to make her drop it, after all! Even though he hadn't exactly snuck up on her and it was ridiculous that it'd made her jump, but whatever. She could be annoyed if she wanted to, dammit!

spaceAh, the eternal question... she sometimes wondered if it were physically possible for someone to see another person with a sketchbook and not ask. Just like people couldn't refrain from asking 'what are you reading' to someone with a book, or 'what are you writing' to someone writing. Unfortunately, it was an incredibly complex question, at least for her. Most people, when they drew, were drawing something, after all, something tangible, easy to describe. My mother, the castle, a dog. Not Gypsy. Her drawings and paintings weren't representative of anything so simple. She drew what she felt, as she felt, and it very rarely made any sense, at least to anyone else. There was usually a theme, but it wasn't really something she could explain... so, she turned the sketchbook to him, showing off the sketch. "My brain. Or, whatever's in it. I dunno; I don't really think about it. I just... draw." Well, that was about as close to the truth as she thought she could get. She shrugged. As she did so, she felt something stirring on her back, and smiled as Art, her slot, poked his head out of the cover of her coat to peek over her shoulder. The creature looked over at the boy, and blinked. Then, he yawned and laid his head on Gypsy's shoulder. She giggled and reached back to scratch his head. He'd been sleeping under her jacket, clinging to her back, since she'd been outside. Actually, she had the little guy hanging on her back more often than not these days; he even went to a few of her classes with her.

ஒ ஒ ஒ Now that the truth is just a rule that you can bend
                                                          You crack the whip, shape-shift and trick the past again.
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 am
Since I was born they couldn't hold me down
Another misfit kid, another burned-out town
Never played by the rules I never really cared
My nasty reputation takes me everywhere

I look and see it's not only me
So many others have stood where I stand
We are the young so raise your hands

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Crash
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Crash, hard as he might try, couldn’t help but laugh. She seemed utterly surprised, and even though her eyes had flashed something perilous he hadn’t seemed to notice. Or rather, he hadn’t seemed to care. He’d noticed one or two upperclassmen that were metamorphagus’, but none of them expressed it quite as much as Gypsy had. It was impossible not to see her, with daring pink hair and flashing eyes. He bent forward with a chuckle still trailing past his tongue as he swiped up his skateboard in one hand and her pencil in the other. ”Sorry if I scared ya,” he murmured under his breath as he moved to return what was hers.

He glanced idly at the page in that moment when he was closest to her, it looked like a blob of curves and curls to him, shaded in and blurred together. He blinked and narrowed his eyes trying to see clearly. ********, he’s going blind. ”So… soul, then?” He chuckled with upturned brows. ”I mean, brains are all facts and figures, right? But whatever.” He shrugged. It’s not like it really made any difference. ”Can I see?” He blinked. Deep chocolate eyes swam back and forth from the page to her features. ”I’m Crash, by the way….

“You’re the girl that everyone talks about, right? The metamorphagus?”

Hell, living in a magical school with potions and transfigurations, it’s not like it was hard to do.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Height: 5' Weight: 134lbs Age: 14
The Quad
With Gypsy
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image

They call us problem child
We spend our lives on trial
We walk an endless mile
We stand and we won't fall
We're the one and one for all