Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Downtown Soleil
The Shimmering Starfish Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PUMMMY

Trash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:09 am
User Image

❛It is a curious thing, the death of a loved one.
We all know that our time in this world is limited, and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up.
And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know.
It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is.
Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.❜

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

I'm feeling indifferent. || I'm speaking to no one. || I'm wearing the usual || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

”You can trust me, darling. You won’t be disappointed.” a large dimple formed upon the upper part of his right cheek as he laughed, lending character to his smooth features. He traced his index finger against the rim of his glass while the other shoved his phone back into the depths of his pocket, feeling the water droplets gather by his fingertips, reflecting the soft hues of cosmopolitan's pink, and the gentle hues of yellow of the small piece of lime slice garnished on the side. The glass was brought to his lips, feeling the coldness pressed against his skin of delicate pink and orange as he tilted his glass. Cold liquid rolled to the back of his mouth, filling his senses with a aromatic smell of a sweet summer breeze, the nostalgia of cold ocean waves against semi-tanned skin, and the sweet lingering taste of cranberries and sweetened lime juice against the tip of his tongue. But the soft jazz music playing in the background reminded him of a slow passing day in mid-autumn, of the golden brown leaves falling like snowflakes when the gentle breeze blew, like the fluttering petals of a dandelion. Hues of molten gold fell upon the smooth polished counter, before they flicked upwards to meet the bright-lit interior of in hues of purple and red, before they fell upon the shimmering disco ball hanging overhead reflecting the vibrant colours of its surroundings.

Two months had long past since the last time he stepped in, or even remotely had time off from work until today, when most of his appointments had been settled, and done with. And much longer had passed since the first time he stepped in, instantly struck with a gut feeling then, that this small, downtown bar will be a place he'd frequent, given the peaceful atmosphere, and the soothing music that eased the building tension latched within the depths of his shoulder blades. It had only struck him as a thought back then, but with the addition of the bar owner's easy-going personality and pleasant company, Rigel had eventually made himself comfortable in the place he claimed as a “second-home”. He ran his fingers through his dark, navy locks, easing a soft breath through his thin lips, and permanently tensed jaw as he recalled the last time both he and Breh Bree had met. He had just launched his business that day, both excited as he was overwhelmed, by a sudden wave of nervousness that followed. Slender fingers brushed against the polished counter top, remembering the way the soft curls of her brown locks bounced as she cried and bee-lined towards him in excitement, welcomed by the upward curve of her cherry pink lips and the genuine glisten of joy behind hues of lovely amethyst and brown. His snorted at the thought, lightly shaking his head at the recollection of a pleasant memory that allowed his mind to temporarily escape from the truth he had been unwilling to fully accept up till now, even more so when his in-laws chose to blame his negligence over the loss of their beloved daughter.

Golden hue now cast upon the wedding ring glistening against his ring finger, a reminder of what's lost, like a heavy weight that shackled him to the faults and blames he blindly accepted, eventually leading him to believe that her downfall had in fact, been entirely his to blame. His eyes dimmed, darkened into a shade of dirty brown as he traced his finger along the words engraved onto the smooth surface of his dulled, gold ring. 'Forever and always', like the vow he had struggled to speak on his wedding day, the emotional tears he shed at the sound of her “I do.” like a loving melody against playing against his ears. Calming, like the sound of soft raindrops against their wooden front porch. The young man shook his head free of his gloomy thoughts, and drew a slow breath, drawing his thoughts back to the pleasantness that came with the sudden, spontaneous message by a familiar name. The salon had been quiet, filled only by the sounds of snipping scissors and soft chuckles of belonging to both him, and his youngest visiting sibling as they snipped away at one of the blonde wigs he bought off the internet. His phone buzzed in his front pocket then, the crisp sound of a quiet ring momentarily shattering the quiet atmosphere, before he was basked in a heart warming message of a dear friend. While he still had appointments to tend to, Rigel knew deep down that he could not reject the young woman, andgod forbids he push off her invitation for a task he could easily hand over to his employees.

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

oOBookwormYumiOo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:36 pm
x
x
x
x
ғяιםαч, נυℓч ②⑦тн

םαч ⑤ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ②⑨②
( ⑨ мσитнs, ⑲ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Fantom Leo XXII

Aged Gaian

4,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:23 am
User Image
'Even snow has its layers.'
-Old Halteese saying

Alison Arondight

It was a red and white cocktail, very sweet with strawberries coconut. Alison ran her hand over the glass and focused, sending a small charge of lightning through it. She was trying her best not to allow the lightning to pass directly into the frozen drink. The energy began moving throughout the container in jagged parallel lines. After doing so, she licked her lips and began to count down silently. 'One. Two. Three...'
As she did, Alison held her hand a few inches away from the glass and began to move it forward and backward without touching it.

But she wasn't doing this to entertain herself per say. Alison's eyes scanned the bar as she moved the glass to and fro with the extension and retraction of her fingers. Trying not to make it too obvious that she was looking around, she looked up in a bored manner and sighed, until she counted to 'Ten.'

Soleil City was amazing, but she had hoped the dating scene would be more... available. Of course, she had only moved in less than a few days ago. She had time and she kept reminding herself that finding someone couldn't be rushed.

She charged the glass again and began to push it again and pull it again. If she didn't get a bite soon she would go elsewhere. Her mind started to wander to the kind of person she wanted to meet, and whether or not they'd even like or approach her. It was at that moment that she forgot she was controlling the glass, pushing it off of the table. Oh crap!
She quickly extended her hand to pull on the glass magnetically, trying to keep it from falling. What count was I on again?? The drink was probably already good as spilled, but she could still feel the glass... until she couldn't.

Yummy Galaxxy

Sabriel Thurirl

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:23 am
User Image
Nova
Gracious Genie

User Image"Oh my! What a mess." Nova remarked as she approached Alison, a cloth she'd already retrieved from the bartender in hand. She'd been here at the bar herself for some time now simply observing the variety of people inside. The little trick this girl had been using to play with her drink had intrigued her, though she was determined to watch from afar. Once there was a mess present though, she wouldn't be able to relax until she'd made sure it'd been cleaned up. "Are you all right, dear? Not cut, are you?" She asked, thinking it possible that the girl had hurt herself somehow. She shifted her hand, transforming some of it into sand. Then she manipulated the sand to move the cloth, mopping up the mess and collecting the glass into the center of it as she waited for the girl's response.

Yummy Galaxxy

Fantom Leo XXII

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

Fantom Leo XXII

Aged Gaian

4,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 am
User Image
-Old Halteese saying

Alison Arondight

Alison's mouth was agape in shock and awe as the woman approached. She couldn't begin to fathom what she was seeing. Was... was that hourglass real?? Nevermind she had just changed her hand into sand, which then began moving on its own to clean up the mess Alison had made. The woman's mouth moved, which should have been a clear indicator that she was talking.

Alison said nothing.

The woman spoke again. 'Are you alright, dear? Not cut, are you?'Alison blinked twice and closed her mouth in a vain attempt to recompose herself.
'I'm sorry, but... WOW, I've, uh... never seen... uh...' If Alison could kick her brain any harder she would. What WAS this woman? Maybe it was a trick of the light? She was wearing a bustier that created an illusion that somehow seemed like Alison was seeing past her and to the bar??? The only thing she could do was NOT freak out.

As her mind began to finally get back on track she mustered an answer. 'I'm fine... Uh, ACTUALLY that was my bad, I-- I mean I just-- and my power-- well, it's like new and--' Dammit. Words were failing again.

The old Empyrium tales of magic were more true than she could imagine.

Sabriel Thurirl

Yummy Galaxxy

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:48 pm
User Image
Nova
Gracious Genie

User Image It wasn't the first time someone had reacted that way to seeing her. Nova smiled kindly, patiently giving the obviously startled young lady time to pull herself together. She was starting to wonder if she should invest in clothing with more coverage to avoid this sort of problem in the future. She used her sand to move the cloth and broken glass onto the counter. She crouched slightly, quiet for a moment longer before speaking again. "Accidents happen, dear. Don't let it get you down it happens to everyone at first. Keep practicing and you'll get the hang of this power of yours in no time." She was trying to be encouraging. This young woman didn't seem like a violent or cruel person so she saw no harm in being kind. "I am called Nova. What is your name?"

Yummy Galaxxy

Fantom Leo XXII

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

Fantom Leo XXII

Aged Gaian

4,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:06 am
User Image
-Old Halteese saying

Alison Arondight

'I'm Alison,' Alison responded, managing to slow down her racing mind. This woman seemed nice enough, there wasn't an aggressive tone or motion that could even be misconstrued as anything other than kindness. Alison thought for a second.
'Do you drink?' She asked. 'Lemme get you something for cleaning up my mess and all.' She went to the bar and bought herself another drink, and anything Nova may have requested if she did.
If she didn't or declined, Alison would insist one more time before returning with her own drink and Nova's, if Nova had accepted the offer at all.

'So... that trick you did? What was that?' Alison asked as she sat back down. 'I've never seen anything like it. I mean, I've read about certain families that can do magic, but I've never seen it firsthand.'
Alison looked to her own hand again and bits of lightning crackled from it. 'Like, even my power? Yeah, i didn't know I had it until a few years ago, so magic isn't exactly my world of expertise.'

Sabriel Thurirl

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:33 am
x
x
x
x
sαтυяםαч, נυℓч ②⑧тн

םαч ⑥ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

םαч ②⑨③
( ⑨ мσитнs, ⑳ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:57 pm
User Image
User Image

LOCATION Shimmering Starfish   COMPANY Caius OUTFIT Save Me A Spot

Itzel looked around as she entered the establishment. She had seen it on a list of things to see when exploring the city and had determined that she would do just that! She hadn't really done much since originally arriving in Soleil, but then again, you wouldn't want to do much after moving into a giant mansion by yourself. While she hadn't really been a shut in, she hadn't necessarily gone out on the town either. She had been here and there, but hadn't done anything major. Today though, she was feeling like playing up her adult card and spending a little time at the bar. Was it early? Probably. Did she care? Not even a little bit! Her pink heels clacked against the wooden floor as she walked through the bar, her intention to sit at the bar. Continuing to look around, not many people were here yet. A few people that looked like regular drunks, not that she could really tell because she didn't spend much time in bars. Her life had been to hectic to really enjoy the little moments; like spending nights in bars with friends. Now that she wasn't tied to her job, she could enjoy these things. These things currently included recognizing the brooding shape of the man sitting in the furthest corner with a glass in hand.

"Caius!" she called out excitedly, not having seen him in some time. When was the last time she saw him anyways? That didn't really matter, she was seeing him now! Briskly walking over, heels telegraphing her presence the entire time, Itzel wedged herself into his booth without so much as making sure he was okay with her being there. She had always been that way, especially when it came to people she knew. Of course, he had always been a little on the secretive side, even before-...Well, it was what brought him here and she had to make sure not to mention it. It had slipped the first time, when she was talking with his kids and consoling them. It was a mistake she knew to never make again, at least around the kids.

Setting her clutch down beside her, she leaned forwards against table and placed her arms atop the wood. Tilting her head as she face him, she flashed him a friendly smile, her bright blue ponytail falling over her shoulder and pooling around her arms on the table. While she had no intention of bringing up the past, sometimes her mouth could run on its own. "I haven't seen you in-..." she paused as she exhaled a high pitched breath. "Wow, seems like forever! How are you? The kids?" As she waited for any answers at all, she made sure to flag down a waitress to order herself a Lavender Lemonade and returned her attention to Caius.

yo punny nut

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:57 am
User Image

❛There is a place in the heart that will never be filled, a space.
And even during the best moments and the greatest times, we will know it. We will know it more than ever.
There is a place in the heart that will never be filled.. and we will wait, and wait in that space.❜

I'm feeling pleasantly surprised. || I'm speaking to Itzel. || I'm wearing You Can't See Me || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

The bar had been remotely quiet, with the day being rather early afternoon. He had just gotten off the phone with his pair of beloved, finally reaching home from elementary classes and complaining about their day, along with the kids that seemed to pick on them for their similar appearances. While he'd prefer having them around him, picking them up when they come dashing into his arms when he’d pick them up from school, taking them out on ‘dinner play dates’, tucking them to sleep and planting gentle goodnight kisses on their foreheads, he knew they were in better care living with his sibling. He sucked in a quiet breath, feeling the evident sorrow and loneliness that accompanied every moment he took to reminisce the past. Still he was happy nonetheless, and grateful that his elder brother had been willing to pick up the mess he’s made, the mess he’s left behind because he had been far too afraid to face the harsh truth. Hazel brown hues fell onto the wedding band he kept on his ring finger, with a familiar name carved against the underside of the golden surface.

The day was quiet, for once. Without the thunder storms that plagued the city for weeks, without the floods and short electricity outage in his area. It was peaceful, basked in a soft jazzy music playing in the background. Or it had been, until a foreign, yet familiar voice called his name. His first reaction was to brush it off, thinking it was perhaps someone other than he, or so he thought, until the woman welcomed herself onto the opposite end of the table. The bright cerulean locks had been the first giveaway of her identity, without so much as taking a brief glance at her features. There was only one person he knew that had been so.. striking. Itzel. Caius blinked once, light coloured hues locking onto a pair of greyish, desaturated orbs, travelling down her dark skin, and falling upon the crystal gems upon the back of her hands. Itzel? Wasn’t she-

”Itzel?” he questioned, almost in disbelief. Of all places, they’d run into each other here?
“I haven’t seen you in-..." And she paused, as though having brought up a sensitive topic. While his wife's death had been something he avoided discussing, knowing it had caused him disdain in the past, the older male had slowly begun to accept that she was not coming back, that she was gone. That he wouldn’t come back to the smell of dinner and her signature pan fried salmon. But while she was gone, she had blessed him with two lovely angels that all but reminded him of her presence. ”Ages.” Caius answered. ”And you’re still the same.” he laughed.

”Four years, maybe? Five? C’mon, Itzel. Loosen' up. It’s fine now.” and he had been grateful that she had baby-sat his twins while he had been just a tad.. under the weather, when his mind had entered a dark place throughout a short period of time. It what seemed like forever, a smile finally tugged against the corners of his lips, a breath escaping his lips in the form of a quiet, and low chuckle. “How are you? The kids?”

”Troublesome. My mother’s driving me nuts if they haven’t already. They’re pestering her for a visit to Soleil.” he drew the glass to his lips, taking a sip of his cold whiskey that left a familiar burn against the walls of his throat. ”Well, I’m still alive and kicking if that answers your question.” he shrugged, taking notice of her excited demeanour that countered his mellow one. His companion had always been just a tad eccentric, if not a tad weird, but it was company he appreciated more than he lets on. ”You look happy. How are you? You should’ve told me you were in town, Itzel. I would’ve forgotten about you if not for this sudden encounter.” he teased.

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

AnnoyedPanda

PUMMMY

Trash

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:19 pm
x
x
x
x
ғяιםαч, αυɢυsт ⑰тн

םαч ⑤ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

םαч ③①③
( ⑩ мσитнs, ⑨ םαчs )

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:43 pm
User Image

► Company: Alone ll ► Wallet: $993.75 ll ► Outfit: Casual Outting ll ► Location: The Starfish ll ► OOC:
yo punny nut

Oliver strolled into the bar, having been MIA for a few days to a week. Jacob had called him to tell him April was in premature labor and they were headed to the hospital. It was only late last night, into the peek hours of the morning did he receive a call of relief. The doctors were able to stop her labor and ordered her on bed rest for a few weeks. It was likely that she was going to have to go on leave early, but they couldn't be sure until she saw the doctor again. The older gentleman took a seat at the bar and waived down one of the bartenders. He needed to unwind after such an anxiety inducing couple of days. Perhaps this wasn't the best way to do that, but this was how he learned to cope with many things during his service. It was common place for soldiers to loosen up with the help of alcohol. Every horror witnessed couldn't be easily forgotten, but inebriation fogged their realities long enough to act normal; even for a night.

Ordering a hurricane and some nachos, Oliver hunched his back as he leaned against the bar, his feet coming up to rest on the bar wrapped around his stool. He stared down at his fingers as he drummed his nails against the polished wood. Pursing his lips, he blew a raspberry into the air before pulling out his phone. He really needed to start making more friendships in this city, not that he didn't enjoy the one he had so far. Speaking of, he quickly sent her a text asking if she'd meet him at the bar. They hadn't really seen much of each other since the flood stranded him at her mansion. He needed to get his truck steam cleaned after that to keep the floors from smelling. Taking Dante to the groomer's had also been on his list of things to do, to help occupy his mind. A mountain dog had plenty of hair to groom anyways!

Setting his phone aside as his order was brought to him, he thanked the bartender and took a sip of his drink. The sweet and bitter taste warmed him internally, while satisfying his sweet tooth. Setting the glass down, Oliver spun his plate of nachos around, taking in the enormity of the plate. Tortilla chips were piled high with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, onions, chili and jalapenos. Not much into the spice given from the pepper, the former marine picked them off and set them aside before picking up a chip and eating. He quickly brought a hand to his chin as he felt warm sour cream drip down his chin.

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

PUMMMY

Trash

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:21 am
User Image

❛I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand, and the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow.
I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep,

And there are no words for that.❜

I'm feeling indifferent. || I'm speaking to Oliver. || I'm wearing something warm || I have feelings for no one.

The overhead bell jingled, piercing the silence shrouding over the quiet interiors of the establishment. ”Darling.” she addressed him, a new pet name, it seems. It was surprising to catch her here, given how she had just whined about how cold it had been, and how it was a nice day to stay at home only moments earlier. Alas, here she was an hour and a half later with rosy cheeks and cherry lips curved into a light pout.

”Compliment me.” she demanded, and gave him a three hundred sixty twirl. ”I can't believe you made me take a cab all the way downtown.” she could have driven herself, but knowing her, it was too much effort. Still, despite her complaints on how troublesome it was to get ready, she wasn't the type to turn down an invitation, whether it was a late night party, or just a casual stroll down the park, or even catching up in a local coffee shop. The fox liked having company, regardless of who it was. Maybe she was just lonely like that, even though she’d stubbornly deny it.

”I’ll have a glass of red wine.” running her slender fingers through curled locks of raven black tied into a high ponytail, she'd take a stray lock and habitually twirled it around her index finger. She fell silent, basking in the comfort of his momentarily quiet presence before her own drink was handed to her, wine red liquid dancing around the confinements of her polished wine glass. What an endearing shade of red. Golden hues cast to the side this time, and she'd turn towards him on the bar stool she had quickly made herself comfortable on, resting an elbow upon the wooden counter while her free hand brought the glass to her lips.

”Well,” she took a small sip, savouring the aromatic sweetness that lingered on her taste buds. ”I haven’t seen you since the last time you showed up uninvited.” a snarky remark, but it was all in good fun. Vixen finally allowed a quiet chuckle to escape her lips as she took another sip, this time allowing her gaze to soften.

”All jokes aside, how are you faring? It’s been a long while.”

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

AnnoyedPanda

● Downtown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items