Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Imperial War Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:46 pm

I agree with Cale on this. You're basically leaving them to die.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:57 pm

That's the problem with defenses; they follow murphy's law.

"If you make it so the enemy can't get in, you won't have a way out."

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:18 pm

Cale
Most likely they will establish Orbital and air superiority, forcing you to keep your shield up so they can deploy ground forces.
They wil probably move inside your shield perimeter with walkers and treaded carriers, then deploy repulsortanks and Predators under the shield to swat down any airspeeders you deploy to engage their march to your base.

Thats if you're facing a normal imperial commander... and lets face it, I'm not exactly normal. twisted

Everyone is ignoring one simple aspect of the coming battle. The only strategic problem truly facing the Empire is the shield. Once the shield is torn down any entrenched defenses become targets of opportunity for imperial orbital bombardment.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:34 pm

Which makes it more like a race to the top of the mountain to blow the projectors. Sounds easy.

Or a race to the core to blow the generators.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:35 pm

Um, aren't you attending your own wedding? Even Borill's not THAT good, as to be in two places at once. confused
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:36 pm

Exactly... Almost every ground battle in Star Wars is this exact same thing. The destruction of the enemy's shield to enable both aerial and orbital attack on his forces. There are but a few exceptions to this rule.

It'll be one short honeymoon. rolleyes

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:37 pm

Yavin IV, for example. Or Anoth.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:38 pm

Or the classic example of Hoth

ElladanKenet
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:39 pm

Even the battle of naboo fits the pattern... an infantry assault to eliminate a shield followed by a general assault. cool
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:44 pm

Or if you had an insane Jedi Master and a frigate full of clones, you could pull Thrawn's stunt off of Woostri (correct me if I'm wrong.)

ElladanKenet
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:46 pm

That's one way to do it... but there are others, equally effective.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:48 pm

Let's see... if time's no constraint, you could always sneak in your own forces and sabotage.

Or you could just wait for your super-weapon to be built and just blow them all up, hoping they'll still be there.

ElladanKenet
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:03 pm

From what I've seen from stellar's work in the previous RP, he'll have a well thought out and tactically sound plan.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:14 pm

He probably had a list of dozens of possible attacks for randomly generated defenses that he's been musing over for the last two months.

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:16 pm

ElladanKenet
He probably had a list of dozens of possible attacks for randomly generated defenses that he's been musing over for the last two months.

The guy probably sleeps with a copy of Sun Tsu under his pillow.
And he needs to return "How to make war in the post cold war era" Book to me.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games