Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4109 4110 4111 4112 4113 4114 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:04 am
Stupid awesome classes getting canceled for the day... Now what am I supposed to do with my morning?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:22 am
Listen to the Order66 podcast.

And why canceled?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:28 am
Don't know, but I have the same prof. for both of my morning classes: "The French Revolution and Napoleonic France", and "Military History of Europe until 1914" and the sign on the door said his classes were canceled for today.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:34 am
What is your opinion on the clique-ness of the French Military in the pre WW1 era and the so-called Cult of Offense?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:41 am
Cale Darksun
What is your opinion on the clique-ness of the French Military in the pre WW1 era and the so-called Cult of Offense?
I'm going to be honest and let you know I don't know all that much about it. While WW1 interests me I generally focus on military history from the Military revolution of the 15th and 16th centuries up through the Napoleonic Era.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:46 am
You're in "Military History of Europe until 1914".
The Cult of the Offensive existed before WWI.
I suppose though you guys havent even reached the Franco-Prussian war yet.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:50 am
Cale Darksun
You're in "Military History of Europe until 1914".
The Cult of the Offensive existed before WWI.
I suppose though you guys havent even reached the Franco-Prussian war yet.
No, we just started the military revolution stuff. (We started with a brief overview of ancient tactics and the Middle Ages as it informs some of the changes of the military revolution.) So far I haven't learned much new becuase we covered most of this to some extent in classes I have already taken, although the primary source documents we have read are really interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:06 am
Well what it works out to is this:
The Cult of the offensive is the belief in the Elan of the soldier to charge forward and come to grips with the enemy via bayonnett.
It is the courage and tenacity of the individual soldier that wins wars, accompanied by the bayonnet.

The cliquenesss of the French Military spawned this, as the officers corps became divided into little groups who favored certain ideas, in a similar fasion to the cliques that spring up in idea forums in the internet. The most powerful of these Cliques is the one that favored the Offensive bayonnet charge.

Meanwhile on the otherside of the Ardennes, the Germans were focusing on a decentralized command structure and an infantry that was well provisioned with artillery and other essential weapons to quickly neutralize an enemy's will to fight.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:11 am
Interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:19 am
Meanwhile, the British, content in their superiority over all, shrunk their profesional army to the point that they believed the deciding battle in any continental war would be six british divisions.
About the only real thing that they had learn from their blunders in the Boer War was that its harder to hit someone wearing Khaki than Red.

This disgusting little scenario, where the French thought Bayonnets and Elan were pimp, the Germans were focusing on firepower over manpower, and the ego of the brits came about due to the dismissal of Bismark as the Prime Minister of Germany. When he was gone, the German-Russian alliance he had built fell apart and was replaced by a Franco-russian alliance. In addition, French negotiators were working their contacts hard to get quite a few more "Secret" treaties so that they could get as many people as possible to gang-rape Germany in the event of a war with them.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:56 am
hey guys what's up  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:59 am
Apparantly my roommate is 'depressed' because I don't ask him about his life everyday and how things are going. It supposedly has been going on for several weeks, and despite the first time he came to me about this, and i told him to tell me if this happens again, it's happened again. Except now the room coordinator is wanting me to move out of my room.

More importantly, apparantly when someone says 'I'm fine', when I ask how's it going, it means quite the opposite. Gah..  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:28 am
I'm back.

Sorta. My home computer is still a vegetable, despite my valiant efforts to restore some life to the dinosaur, but classes have started and the college library's open...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:57 am
Nelowulf
Apparantly my roommate is 'depressed' because I don't ask him about his life everyday and how things are going. It supposedly has been going on for several weeks, and despite the first time he came to me about this, and i told him to tell me if this happens again, it's happened again. Except now the room coordinator is wanting me to move out of my room.

More importantly, apparantly when someone says 'I'm fine', when I ask how's it going, it means quite the opposite. Gah..

Nelo, do I need to come up there and put boot to emo a** in the Empire's name?  

Sol Walker
Crew

K-Blade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:44 am
Good meowning all. heart  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4109 4110 4111 4112 4113 4114 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games