Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4170 4171 4172 4173 4174 4175 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:32 pm
The hack attempts aren't the problem, I'm secure enough. It's the being blocked for 15 minutes after each set of failed logins.

A simple bot program designed to attempt it every 15 minutes and anyone's account is effectively killed until it succeeds. That's the crap that gets me paranoid.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:35 pm
Theres a reason I wear relatively cheep crap.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:47 pm
I guess I should count myself lucky I dont go into the forums  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:03 pm
I just looked at the MP.

My angelic pendant alone, which I never removed once I got it ages ago ( gift from someone ) is currently worth over 1.5 million.

I haven't gotten a single hack attempt yet, and I hope to keep it that way.

This is why I was pushing for usernames and logins being different.

What good would trying to hack someone do if the name they login with isn't the same as the one you see online?  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

elvisnake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:11 pm
I think that would be a really good idea, too. I've been hacked, it totally sucked. I got some of my stuff afterwords, but I lost like 100k worth of stuff... it was laaaame.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:33 pm
A few people agreed. The rest were idiots who all shared the exact same reason on why it was pointless.

" Scammers will just ask for your login too, so there's no point. "

And, most of us know they ask for it already.

Scams are NOT hacks, and can only be prevented by not falling for them. Nothing can stop someone from trying to get into your account though other than them not being successful.

Bob has 100 million gold. Hackers know that their target is Bob. What if Bob was merely the visible name? They wouldn't know who Bob is, so they'd be hacking blind.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:52 pm
Cant go into the forums the hackers will get me Cant go into the forums the hackers will get me Cant go into the forums the hackers will get me!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:54 pm
Help me out here DA. I have a SL account, but I'm on a new computer that doesn't have SL downloaded.
The only option it is giving is to create a new account which is undesirable. Can I just download and login as my old account?

Solved. Here is my new question, where can I re-download SL now that I'm logged in?

Solved again. But thank you for thinking of me hahah.

I think... I'm getting ink. 3nodding Yuuupp. I'm gonna get some ink.  

Jaden_Ordo

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:03 pm
That's why most MMOs are great. You have an account name that nobody sees, because what they see is the name of whatever character(s) you have.

And SL be downloaded here: http://secondlife.com/support/downloads.php  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:09 pm
Aww, Darkened Angel, you look ravishing tonight. I must say you really are a sight for sore eyes.  

Jaden_Ordo

elvisnake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:13 pm
Ordo what item gives you that audience there? I must have one... What's it called?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:19 pm
elvisnake
Ordo what item gives you that audience there? I must have one... What's it called?
Give away Gambino family secrets?! THAT CROWD IS THERE CAUSE THEY LOVE ME, DAMN IT!!!

...grmph...
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/?key=2aa2646603c70970313689c89f928f69&mode=item  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:19 pm
elvisnake

Adoring Fans.
It was a freebie at the rejected olympics.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:23 pm
Does my red neck piece look better with the bat cravat and tie, or the two different ties? its a minute difference, but it counts.  

Jaden_Ordo

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:36 pm
Despite any elegance this dress gives me, I'm staying true to myself by not wearing any underwear... wink  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4170 4171 4172 4173 4174 4175 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games