Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Firearm n00bs: Post your links to them here. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:57 pm
Akhenaton of Man  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:59 am
Fresnel
Ubasti
Fresnel
Shrantic
"5.7 “cop killer” rifle bullets that"

Weren't they designed to be used by the Five-seveN P90?

Which is officially classified as a pistol, and can be conceal carried?
No no, it's a BULLET. Seriously, I asked an FN rep whether it was considered a rifle bullet or a pistol bullet, and he was hardlining the "a bullet is a bullet, they have no specific class" bullshit. Couldn't get a straight answer out of him.
Well, why do they have to categorize it?
Because everyone else is categorized and they don't have the right to be special.
Bullshit. Just because most choose to categorize rounds doesn't mean everyone has to. If they aren't sure what the 5.7mm round is, or just don't want to slap a category on, that's fine. It's okay to not know if a bullet is a rifle or pistol round.  

Ubasti

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:29 am
Ubasti
Fresnel
Ubasti
Fresnel
Shrantic

No no, it's a BULLET. Seriously, I asked an FN rep whether it was considered a rifle bullet or a pistol bullet, and he was hardlining the "a bullet is a bullet, they have no specific class" bullshit. Couldn't get a straight answer out of him.
Because everyone else is categorized and they don't have the right to be special.
Bullshit. Just because most choose to categorize rounds doesn't mean everyone has to. If they aren't sure what the 5.7mm round is, or just don't want to slap a category on, that's fine. It's okay to not know if a bullet is a rifle or pistol round.
Question: can you name any spitzer pistol bullets except that retarded Belgian 9mm AP round?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:27 pm
Hey guyz! Did you know that the M16 is the most powerful assault rifle ever used in combat?! mrgreen  

Shrantic

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:36 pm
Fresnel
Ubasti
Fresnel
Ubasti
Fresnel
Shrantic

Question: can you name any spitzer pistol bullets except that retarded Belgian 9mm AP round?
7.62TOK is a spitzer with the tip ground down. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a sptzer available (Actually, if you handload you CAN load near any 7.62 in it as long as you don't exceed maximum OAL. There is a wildcat in the works of a .223 in a sabot to get hyper-velocities out of it)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:48 pm
uryu ishida
Fresnel
Ubasti
Fresnel
Ubasti
7.62TOK is a spitzer with the tip ground down. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a sptzer available (Actually, if you handload you CAN load near any 7.62 in it as long as you don't exceed maximum OAL. There is a wildcat in the works of a .223 in a sabot to get hyper-velocities out of it)
So you're saying 5.7 is a pistol bullet then? I thought it was unclassified.

Eh, that's like filing a .22LR to be spitzer. It's done, but it was never intended to be that way.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:09 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel
Ubasti
Fresnel
Ubasti

Eh, that's like filing a .22LR to be spitzer. It's done, but it was never intended to be that way.
5.7 was specifically design for BOTH. It IS NEITHER. It was not solely made for one or the other. It was designed for BOTH. It's a pistol AND rifle bullet. It is simply a bullet of 5.7mm diameter.

It's still a spitzer. And the wildcat is specifically that way, though I wonder what they'll name it. .223LASER?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:39 pm
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel
Ubasti

5.7 was specifically design for BOTH. It IS NEITHER. It was not solely made for one or the other. It was designed for BOTH. It's a pistol AND rifle bullet. It is simply a bullet of 5.7mm diameter.

It's still a spitzer. And the wildcat is specifically that way, though I wonder what they'll name it. .223LASER?
I think that's taken by the necked-down .50BMG. ".22 Laser". Damn cool name though. Anywho, it's not a production round, so I personally don't think it counts.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:53 pm
Not necessarily a firearm noob, but I feel like sharing this and can't be bothered to make a thread for it.

On youtube I posted a response on a video saying that most German citizens in WWII were not members of the Nazi party.

Quote:
dont switch the subject....i thought about the germans in second war world two....yes moust of them were nazis like it or not

second world war two stare  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:08 pm
Fresnel
Battered_n_Bruised
a double barrel pump action twelve shot Shot Gun with slugs(thin piece of metal placed in the center of a shot gun shell to maximize damage, used in game hunts) would be nice. Then I would have .45 magnums with hollow points and extra clips(other word for cartridge) as well as a non to semi-auto SMG with silencer.
God damn it I shouldn't have read the 1st page again. gonk  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Not necessarily a firearm noob, but I feel like sharing this and can't be bothered to make a thread for it.

On youtube I posted a response on a video saying that most German citizens in WWII were not members of the Nazi party.

Quote:
dont switch the subject....i thought about the germans in second war world two....yes moust of them were nazis like it or not

emo

Sometimes I cry for humanity.

Anyway, 5.7 is a bottle necked pistol cartridge.
Like the 7.62x25, or SIG .357.
Not a rifle round per se.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:40 pm
I think the only difference between a rifle cartridge and a pistol cartridge is what the people that made it call it. If they don't set it as one or the other, then it's just a bullet. I mean we all know size doesn't have anything to do with it. .22 LR is a rifle cartridge and 500 S&W is a pistol cartridge. And shape doesn't. .357 SIG is a pistol cartridge, .475 Linebaugh is a rifle cartridge (isn't it?).

It's not like it's important to classify it, except for 18-year-olds that could buy "rifle" ammo for a PS90 and not "pistol" ammo for a Five-seveN, even though they're the same thing.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:55 pm
ArmasTermin
I think the only difference between a rifle cartridge and a pistol cartridge is what the people that made it call it. If they don't set it as one or the other, then it's just a bullet. I mean we all know size doesn't have anything to do with it. .22 LR is a rifle cartridge and 500 S&W is a pistol cartridge. And shape doesn't. .357 SIG is a pistol cartridge, .475 Linebaugh is a rifle cartridge (isn't it?).

It's not like it's important to classify it, except for 18-year-olds that could buy "rifle" ammo for a PS90 and not "pistol" ammo for a Five-seveN, even though they're the same thing.
I tried to bullshit my way into a box of .45 by saying it was for an Auto-Ordnance Thompson. They didn't bite. Wonder how the law sees 5.7?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:58 pm
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

Quote:

emo

Sometimes I cry for humanity.

Anyway, 5.7 is a bottle necked pistol cartridge.
Like the 7.62x25, or SIG .357.
Not a rifle round per se.
Me too  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OO23OO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:33 am
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

I tried to bullshit my way into a box of .45 by saying it was for an Auto-Ordnance Thompson. They didn't bite. Wonder how the law sees 5.7?
Worked when I needed .40 for my Kel Tec. Then again I do work at Wal Mart.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games