Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YHVHApostle

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:25 pm
Hello everyone. I am an over-illiterate 12 year old that loves grammar and knowledge.

My friends don't like me correcting them, even when I can hardly understand what they type.

ED is my favorite place to go. I use to use text talk, but I left that behind for more civilized typing.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:37 pm
Hello!

I guess I should introduce myself before I go off prowling through the rest of this guild...

My name is Oriana, I'm a 19 year old student at UC Berkeley, I'm a Cognitive Science major, which means I study how you think. Yes, you. wink

I look forward to having a place to rest my eyes and read some well-formed sentences!

orianax

Organic Shadows

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:36 pm
Oooh, Berkeley. Nice.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:29 pm
Hi. My screen name is my real name; fun huh? You can call me Ksenia for short because I'm cool like that. I like good grammar. When I'm talking I have a small(let's be honest, big) tendecy to not speak in coherent sentences. I write well, so it balances out. XD  

Ksenia Sergeevina

Iris of the Rain

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:03 pm
'Ello my lovelies ^-^
Among my friends, I'm considered the spelling freak. They CANNOT write a story or chat with me online without being constantly corrected.
I'm fourteen, and you all can call me Silent.
Hope to see you guys around!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:36 pm
Hello there ^_^
I am an 18 year old gamer with a larger vocabulary than anyone has a right to. I may forget to punctuate properly and capitalize but I can't stand illegible text and 'txt talk' junk. and l337 makes my poor brain hurt. It would be great to talk to others who share a love of literacy biggrin  

Seikonai

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:38 pm
Welcome to our world, gamer. It's nice to see you here.

I play games too, and it annoys the hell out of me when leetspeak or text talk is used in World of Warcraft.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:42 pm
Zealot of Insanity
Welcome to our world, gamer. It's nice to see you here.

I play games too, and it annoys the hell out of me when leetspeak or text talk is used in World of Warcraft.
*shudders* I love MMORPGs but they are the graveyard of literacy.  

Seikonai

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:22 am
'Lo, all. I am totally new here. Which... is probably why I'm sitting here typing on this forum...

Call me Joe, because that is my name. (Don't be fooled by my avatar, he's really a guy, just with a wig on...)

Ever since first grade, I've talked back to my teachers, and they;ve always said in progress reports that I'm a back sassing student, and then I et in trouble for it... -.-;

I try to express my views really strongly, and when I think I'm right, I argue until, I win, or I''m told to shut the hell up.

I used to use IE, but I know use FireFox.

That's pretty much all that I have to say... for now... stare

Oh, yeah, I'm thirteen...  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:09 pm
User Image

♥ I just got accept to this guild, and thought I would introduce myself.
---

Well, hello there. I am a 9 year old ( call me crazy, but I am a 9 year old. ) and I support grammar and punctuation.

Call me Rain.
I enjoy Language Arts in class.

And yeah...
._.;; ♥

User Image  

RainnDropz

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:28 pm
Wow, I think when I was nine years old, we didn't even have internet, much less say Gaia. It's nice to see that there are those from the new generation that value literacy as much as we do. wink  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:16 pm
xoRainyDayox
User Image

♥ I just got accept to this guild, and thought I would introduce myself.
---

Well, hello there. I am a 9 year old ( call me crazy, but I am a 9 year old. ) and I support grammar and punctuation.

Call me Rain.
I enjoy Language Arts in class.

And yeah...
._.;; ♥

User Image

I love you, you're mature, and also the only kid online that I've met that isn't a) a pervert, b) older than me, or c) illiterate. You rock my world. And I wish that there were more of me and you ((I NEVER SAID THAT. ninja IT'S A BAD THING. NO, NOT ME...)) you and me when I was nine and on Gaia. I'm eleven now, don't let my profile (whatever it says) fool ya. By the way, I like your little flashy heart things.

OH. Er, for everyone here, call me May or Marly.  

Organic Shadows

Aarraura

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:25 pm
Salutations, Greetings, and let me introduce myself. Call me Smiley here, you don't need to know my real name (*shifty eyes*). I wouldn't call myself over-literate, but I like to berate people for their poor grammar and their lack of knowledge of the English language...*mumbles incoherently to herself*.... In any case I'm glad Batman will steal--- Uh, I'm glad to join this guild. 3nodding ....

I look forward to correcting you soon!

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:08 pm
Hello there. smile I joined quite some time ago, and I can't remember if I did an introductory post or not.

Anyway, I'm one of the very, very few literate students at my high school. I honestly wonder how some of them passed elementary school. I digress.

I've been called a Grammar Nazi before. My sister just calls me that because she doesn't like being corrected. Her grammar is mostly good, but she can't help but do comma splices. >_____>

Okay, I'm done rambling now. ^^  

AdiGallia

CalcAndCoffee

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:14 pm
Hi, everyone!

I'm one of the very few people at my high school with an IQ higher than that of the average potato (no offense to the potatoes), and one of the very, very, very few who can tell my periods from my semicolons, let alone use them correctly. cry Really scary...

I, too, have been called a Grammar Nazi, but I usually try to restrain myself. I do friendly corrections, too, so please don't misinterpret me! whee

Wow, this has become really long... sweatdrop

Oh, and when I chose my new Gaia name, I didn't think about how it would translate into a nickname (obviously), so you can call me whatever you like. xp  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games