Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:06 pm
There's always the Outlaw Star thing I thought up a while ago.

We're mostly crew of a ship that the imperials chase across the galaxy and slip through their fingers, like a keystone cop movie.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:09 pm
what would we call it? Stormie and the Bandit?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:11 pm
That's not a half bad name...

But anyhow, I'm not too worried about RPs at the moment. We have three already, and the one that's going to end in about a month already has a sequel coming up.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:12 pm
yeah. RP's we got. fuure RPs will come along in the future.  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:45 pm
Well the CotGCW trilogy is like..epic and galaxy spanning.

Our other two are like...one planet missions, just one group in thousands, which appears insignficant.

Once CotGCW3 is over, we need something that can keep that standard.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:49 pm
we'll confront that problem in six months, when we're halfway through the COTGCW end..  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:02 pm
Cale Darksun
what would we call it? Stormie and the Bandit?

Hey, I like! ^__^

But, what time period would it be in?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:19 pm
probably rebellion era.  

Sol Walker
Crew

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:24 pm
Cale Darksun
probably rebellion era.

Makes sense. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:27 pm
well that time period is rife with rebellious outlaws.  

Sol Walker
Crew

HereticX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:41 pm
Ugh...I'm tired, so this might not make sense or be stupid. :XP

Hmm...Mustafar, I'd like to have, but...Mustafar (or any other neutral world) doesn't have to be taken by violent conflict, does it? I mean, they might become allies.
Still, a military conquest can be quick, and all-dominating, which may be what I have to do since I need to catch up to the other armies.
Umm...in the event of conquests, it'll take a while for the native populations to be assimilated into and get used to the new government, and until then, you'd probably have to have a hefty garrison to maintain control...ugh, I'm not thinking too straight, does this sound right?

So...diplomatic targets include Slakko and (if possible) Mustafar.
Military Targets I think would be...Telti (NR) at the top, for huge droid production facilities...Bilbringi (FSL), because it possesses shipyards, and some advanced tech, and it can be developed for greater production.

Umm...military forces of the Big Three.
NR: Largest Navy [spread thin over large territory], large territory (wide resource base), decent Army (2nd?).

FSL: Decent Navy, Fewer-but-more valuable planets, biggest army?

Drako (Hey, his side have a name yet? If not, then NHI)...NHI: Smallest Navy, Smallest Army (?), Smallest Poorest Territory (at least there's less to defend)... sweatdrop I'm screwed. Wait, I've got sixteen thousand barbarians. Yep, screwed.

What can I bring to the table...?
Um...I'm thinking he has some of the best droids and fighters.
His ships...some warships, but I'm thinking a large portion of his fleet is going to be heavily converted freighters...like, a Q-Ship, but with a good chance against ships of the line.
I'm thinking he did a pretty good job of hiding his assets, so his factories, even on occupied worlds, might take some time to find. But he's still looking to expand.

I've had this bouncing in my head for a while (so I might as well get it out and have it ridiculed xd )...
Take one of the freighters (not the tramp ones, I mean the big ones), of which I'm sure he (running a business) has a lot of already, and is already set up to build. Now, add armor and such, give all sorts of military grade equipment, power core, shields, etc. It has a high volume and carrying capacity, so you can pack a lot in. On the outside, don't skimp on defensive blasters. Then, you can specialize, and try to work with the strengths and weaknesses. Regular (more defense blasters, some big turbolasers, some launchers, extra armor, etc, fairly standard mix), Carriers (carry ungodly amounts of fighters and bombers), torpedo boats (carry ungodly amounts of torpedoes and have many speed launchers), and then you can also still just have transports.
Strengths are that they're cheap to build, you've got a bunch on hand, ready to convert and you're tooled up to build the ships already. And it was probably much easier to build these than full warships, and easier to avoid the notice of the Republic this way. Perhaps you could even build them with their equipment hidden, so that they're more or less indistinguishable from regular freighters.
Weaknesses are that they're not originally designed for fighting; they're not very manuverable, have low accelerations (they've got the engines, they just take a while to get to top speed), and once the shields are down (even with extra armor) they're probably not going to be as tough.
Strategy would probably be to keep one's distance and pound the sith out of them with fighters and torpedos, picking off whatever comes close (fighter or line ship) with the regular variety.

Sorry, if this didn't make sense or is really stupid, I'll probably notice tomorrow, and be really embarrassed redface .  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:45 pm
xd Amigo, thats exactly what the trade federation did. they took their huge a** freighters and made warships out of them!
Granted they may be more than enough for pirate ships and such, but against a real battleship they would be in hot water.  

Sol Walker
Crew

HereticX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:51 pm
Cale Darksun
xd Amigo, thats exactly what the trade federation did. they took their huge a** freighters and made warships out of them!
Granted they may be more than enough for pirate ships and such, but against a real battleship they would be in hot water.

Is it? Those didn't really look like they'd ever been freighters.

But, I'd think this could work, if done right (and I'd like to think, if it could be done right, Chidee would figure it out).
Stand off, long out of blaster range, and then let your A)large number of superior fighters and B)Overwhelming scads of torpedoes fight the enemy.

So, what are the flaws?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:54 pm
Aside from the fact that no one would be suprised if you did it? Freighters are not designed for the rigors of deep space combat. but if you want a true freighter to battle ship conversion, look up the Bulk Cruiser.  

Sol Walker
Crew

HereticX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:10 pm
Surprise? I'm not sure I get that one. Well, that's good for the first few times, but even then, it's not to be relied upon.

As for the rigors of combat, they've been overhauled and buffed up. They've got very strong shields (since they basically have more room than they know what to do with, especially since a lot of the ship is droid-run). That might not do everything, but it's supposed to be enough.

And the idea is to keep them pretty far away from the actual combat.
Like, the carriers have little more than various (admittedly, quite a lot of) point defenses to keep missles and fighters off of them, but their primary weaponry is the aforementioned "Ungodly amounts of fighters", probably more than any other ship. Same goes for the torpedo ships, only they carry ungodly amounts of torpedoes (with launchers).
All the other ships, they're built to be as tough as possible, and they, along with whatever warships are available, keep the capital ships at a distance.
If they can pull that off right, their weakness doesn't matter.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games