Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:11 pm
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Fourth Year
Slytherin Table

Ronyo smiled at the girl as she appeared to be lost in her own thoughts for a brief moment. The darting of her eyes to the right showed she was accessing memory information which Ronyo deducted was likely trying to see if she had any information on him to relate back. Allowing the young lady her brief pause in thought Ronyo thought on the name of Balford and swore he had heard something about that family but for the life of him he could not recall it. It really did not matter, as it was likely none of his business in the first place. As she spoke of his two wands and inquired further about them Ronyo smile grew as he always like showing and talking about his wands.

"I do indeed lady Balford," With a flick of his wrists and a quick spin of each the Ash and African Blackwood wands were out in right and left hands respectfully, "There are days I feel graced with having two unique and great wands, and then days I feel the gift may have a curse as well. Those days are the ones were I turn an animal into one thing and the leg of my chair into another. However I am coming closer and closer to understanding the focus and mental faculties needed to properly use the two. If I'm lucky one day I may even be able to master them."

As Ronyo spoke he heard a familiar voice chime in and greet the two. The red hair and green robes gave Jessica away without even really trying. He recalled the quick dance they had during one of the events last year and hoped the girl had enjoyed herself. With a smile still on his face the white haired Slytherin answered in kind with Hildy.

"Always a pleasure lady Sassareth, and my summer was truly eventful I will say that. I trust yours was enjoyable and hopefully somewhat eventful as well."  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:35 pm
User Image

Listening to Ronyo expound on his wands warmed Hildy, the way he turned his wands up to his hands was nearly hynoptic. His voice floated calm and intelligent over the din of the ceremony and Hildy listened to the words but was more soothed by the experience of merely chatting with someone so amiably.

It reminded her of listening to Chase ramble on about something that he learned from one of his mountains of books. Knowledge was a passion of his but a fancy of hers. She enjoyed it, but it did not consume her. Chase would read and research for hours on end. If not for the house elves, she was sure that he would miss meals, never bathe and sleep at his usual spot in the corner of the library. Hildy found facts and lore interesting and she liked feeling knowledgeable but only a few subjects stirred her. Wands were one of them. If she could be said to have a passion, it would have to be her Defense Against the Dark Arts class. And one of the things that she looked forward to most this year were the trips to Hogsmeade so that she could go try out the dueling range there.

Since the day she that discovered her mother’s body behind their barn, just weeks before her first year of Hogwarts, she had become obsessed with protecting herself. But more than that, she wanted to learn the art of attack. She had seen her mother become a victim. She wouldn’t become that herself. These last two years of hiding, she had found out were for good cause as someone was still after their family. Hildy had done well in school, but she was tired of hiding. She wanted to be strong enough to face what hunted her. Because once she was, she was going to go looking for the monster that killed her mother.

Ronyo greeted Jessica and Hildy watched the first child Sorted go to Slytherin. It brought back memories of her Sorting. She had been furious with where she was placed. But over the years, she found that the tatty old hat had done well. She was not the seeker of great knowledge or the pursuant of great glory, more was she capable of great love. But she was smart, shrewd and perhaps a touch severe, when need be. She had been set for this house all her life and had never seen it until some flap of worn leather told her so. It had made her more aware of herself and proud of those qualities. In that she embraced them, had made her stronger still.

Turning her attention back to Ronyo, she pressed on, ”I’ve never known anyone else to use two. CAN anyone use two wands?” She found herself wondering at the benefits. During a duel could one wand be used for defensive spells simultaneously with the other casting attacks? Would the two wands ever counteract each other? A slight twitch in her robe pocket and a small snap, like static on fresh clothes, got her leg, causing her to jump slightly. Reaching in the pocket, she extracted her own wand. Ten inches, Vine, Fairy Wing core. She smiled as she remembered the salesman describing the fairy as particularly angry. Very often she felt that her wand was temperamental like the origin of its core. The wand had a spiral twist near the base and the hand was intricately carved with leaf designs. It was beautiful. It worked well for her. And more than anything, it felt very right in her hand.

However, she had read that once a wizard becomes more accomplished they could use the wands of others. Though often the wands had to want to change allegiance to be used for an extended period of time. But that there was not just one wand for every wizard. Just like you could be friends with many people, it was just the art of determining compatibility. And if there was something that she could do to make herself more powerful, then it was definitely worth considering. No use in settling with one wand if two could do more.

User Image

Pathological Kisser

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:50 pm
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Fourth Year
Slytherin Table

Ah and the second question Ronyo was most ready for was sure enough to follow suit. If anything it could be said that Ronyo's two wands defied almost all normal and reasonable understanding of Wandlore. However Wandlore itself being what it was and most wand makers understanding what they did, often spoke of the enormous amount of information not known about wands. That being known still Ronyo had come to understand, feel, and learn that his wands worked the same way just in the context of being connected themselves and to their wielder.

"As I have come to believe I may be the first on record to have two wands, but again I say on record. It is an extremely difficult matter that has many a times seemed almost insurmountable in scale and difficulty. My first two years I did just about everything but cast the correct spell, I would fire one wand while I wished to cast from the other, or fire a spell at half strength from both wands and accomplish almost nothing in effect. My studies, and through some fantastic work by my Ravenclaw friend Phi, and my training has lead me to understand that a large part of the two wands comes with the animals who bestowed their essences to them. Both animal still live and together they are a guardian pair who watch over a forest, one at night the other by day," Ronyo smiled as Hildy pulled out her wand which if appearances were anything to judge by was a truly magnificent wand, "The bond shared between my wands and myself now is much larger, a fact that seems to be the most crucial of all. Wands form bonds with their wielders, like you would with a friend but its closer than that more like family really. I would be willing to bet if you asked any of the older teachers about their wands they would tell you the attachment they have with it and the bond as well," Ronyo chuckled a bit as he realized how much he had just rambled off and gave his two magical friends a quick spin and stowed them away, "Apologies if I rambled on their for a bit. IN having my two wands I have had to take a crash course in Wandlore and wand making through my own studies to try and better understand the idea myself. In short I would say it has truly been the most difficult thing I have ever done, and I am still in the process of doing it. It may very well be that I will never fully master or understand the entire idea, but I will do my best to try."  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:05 am

Amanda Davis
First Year: Slytherin

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

The Sorting Hat announced that Amanda would be in Slytherin. She smirked as she walked towards the Slytherin table. I knew it, she thought, proud to be in the house. When she arrived at the Slytherin table, she noticed Eretria, a blonde first year who has also been put into Slytherin, sitting alone. Amanda sat down beside her, but she didn't attempt to start a conversation. Instead, she watched the rest of the sorting even though she wasn't that interested in who would be sorted into the other three houses. In fact, she was barely interested in who would be placed into her house.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:03 pm
User Image
User Image
"τнε spyιηg scнεмεr"

THOUGHTS: Tch, perfect for Slytherin.

MOOD: Snobbish and Prideful.

User Image

The prideful, and now official Slytherin sneered as he got up from the stool. The hat had barely touched his head before practically screaming Slytherin. He was honestly hoping for that reaction, he wreaked of the foul house. With his pride restored and backed up, the new Slytherin walked down the steps and took a seat at the stool. Not really caring about the speech that would be told before the feast. Hell even when the feast started he wouldn't care. He'd just eat something and then wait patently for the Prefects to guide the incoming first years to their homeroom and just mind his own business for tonight.
User Image
What makes you happy?

I wonder... what makes you happy...

Does it make others happy, too?

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:02 pm
Marko James

I may not fully SEE you....
I may not fully HEAR you..

User Image ~Maro sat down. He found the table easily enough. Sitting down however, he did not realize who he sat next to. Then. He smelt him. Yes, he could do that thanks to his bad hearing and sight. He was sorly tempted to get up.
But I KNOW you are there.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:45 pm
User Image

Eretria was watching as the Sorting continued. One girl, who had sat next to her, was being quiet. Juniper, it seemed, had been sorted into Slytherin as well, as had the loud obnoxious boy at the docks, and the boy who had bumped into her. Jennifer had been sorted into Gryffindor, which had been a bit of a disappointment, as the girl had been interesting to talk to, and Joseph had been sorted into Ravenclaw. She nearly sneeered as the extremely rude girl was sorted into Slytherin. "Please tell me that everyone knows how to act properly at this house."

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Amanda Davis

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda watched as students were sorted into houses, but she only payed attention to those being sorted into Slytherin. When Eretria spoke, Amanda looked at her. "Meaning what?" she asked, unsure of who she referred to.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:10 pm
User Image

Eretria looked over to the girl who had sat next to her. "The other first years. This is a very proud house, and has quite a history of its own." She gestured down to the boy she had seen earlier arguing. "That one made quite a scene at the docks arguing with another boy. It's quite unseemly for anyone to do that, as that is more for lower classes." She didnt include the fact that she herself had argued with someone right before getting onto the train, but that man had deserved to be brought down several pegs. She still hadn't seen Shin yet, but she figured that had more to do with him being a sixth year. "That girl," she stated, pointing down the table to the girl that had bumped her in her impatience, "she was too impatient with trying to hurry that she bumped into several people in her haste. The only one that seemed to have any manners so far besides you is the boy down there," she pointed down to the boy who had bumped her. "He at least had the courtesy to apologize afterward."

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:12 pm
User Image
User Image
"τнε spyιηg scнεмεr"

THOUGHTS: Rude b&%#@...

MOOD: Snobbish.

User Image

Matthew was listening to the other two girls that were sorted into this proud house and he only shook his head slightly and responded with a bored yet proper tone to her question. "At least we have more manners then you. Picking a fight right after you sit down? I can see we're going to lose plenty of house points because of you." He said to Eretia Whitethorne, who's name he still had yet to learn. He kept his hands together and just rested his chin as he stared forward at nothing. He was just practicing Chess scenarios in his head once more.
User Image
What makes you happy?

User Image

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Amanda Davis

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda listened as Eretria spoke. Maybe I'll like someone after all, she thought, already judging people as 'annoying'. She looked at the boy with green eyes, who not only did Eretria see him argue with a boy, but so did Amanda. As she looked at him, he spoke back to the girl. "Shut up. If you two can't get along, we'll lose house points for sure," she told them. "At least fake it in front of the teachers." She purposely used the word 'teacher' instead of 'professor' even though it was ruder.

wearing

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:24 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...
I am not the Youngest, or the brightest son...

..I am the most hated, But I am strong.

User Image
Slytherin 6th Year

> Shin got up from his end and walked over. He was prefect, he did not have time for this. He glared at them all. "Be respectful in public..." He looked at Miss Davis. "To all" He said. He did not want for the other houses to have something to talk about this early in the year.
⁈Prefect⁉

Mood? Fine
Emotional state? Down trodden
Physical State? Good. Very good

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:26 pm
User Image
User Image
"τнε spyιηg scнεмεr"

THOUGHTS: Meh, she's right.

MOOD: Prideful.

User Image

Matthew smiled and rose an eyebrow at Amanda, she was right and he was proud enough to admit it. So with his next words he dropped his snobbish attitude long enough to tell her, "You're right and how rude it was for my to barge into the conversation of you two. I apologize to both of you." He said nodding to both of them in turn.
User Image
What makes you happy?

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:26 pm
User Image

Eretria seemed to smirk a bit as the dark haired boy spoke up. She addressed the girl beside her, instead. "Trust me. I wouldn't wish to pick fights. My family brought me up far better than that." She stuck out her hand. "Eretria Whitethorne. My father owns a publishing house in Diagon Alley. Your name is...?"

User Image

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:31 pm

Amanda Davis

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda smirked at the boy. "Yeah, yeah," she mumbled. A second later, a prefect boy ordered them to behave. Amanda stared up at the prefect. She didn't say a word. Instead, she nodded to show she understood. She gave her attention the girl beside her. Shaking her hand, she said, "Amanda Davis. My father is.." She narrowed her eyes before changing the subject. "When does the feast start?" she asked, getting hungry.

wearing

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games