Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Forbidden Forest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:16 pm

User Image
User Image

He climbed over many logs, passed many trees, climbed and jumped down small cliffs. When a creek threatened to slow him down, he simply tread across. He was careful with each step, lurking in the dark forest at night like he was... it was dangerous, to say the least. He was careful to completely avoid the sleeping grounds of the centaur, making a wide arc around and away from it.

Besides, he needed to delve deeper.

He climbed over a pile of rocks, looking around in the darkness. This man could not leave without the unlikely alliance of a creature. The darkness fell on him like a blanket, and he shuddered. This place gave him the creeps.

When his search came up fruitless, he decided to call, "I seek council with the one named Achaius," he yelled. Only creatures nearby could hear. The forest would absorb most of the noise. He was already in the densest part of it.

User Image
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:31 pm

User Image

User Image

The giant spider heard the human's call, following him closely. This was a peculiar creature, traveling so deep into the forest just to seek an audience with Achaius. Didn't he know that there were creatures here that could eat him whole? Even Achaius could gobble up this man in a second, if he so wanted to. But curiosity claimed this spider and he scurried down from his perch into view.

"I am Achaius," the spider spoke, his voice low. He had completely healed from his last skirmish with the centaurs, having to request the help of his own kin to pull out their medieval weapons from his precious body. He had lost a lot of blood, but became stronger from the attack.

Now, he hungered for centaur flesh every night. Each time he feasted on a creature, he imagined the sweet taste of centaur in his mouth. It drove him insane some nights. Achaius found himself dreaming about slaying the one centaur that he had taken down. He thought it was a permanent death, but Achaius had seen the half-man-half-horse traveling the forest. Often times with another centaur. He was never alone.

He wanted that centaur the most. The fight in him excited Achaius, "Why have you come here? Be quick, my patience is thin,"

User Image

User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:35 pm

User Image
User Image

The man obeyed, speaking as quickly as he could, "We want you to catch us a centaur," he smiled at the spider, "Not just any centaur, however, we want the youngest one you can get for us,"

The spider seemed a little taken aback by this request, so the man continued to explain, "We will make it worth your trouble. We understand that these centaurs have caused you a lot of problems in the past. We can promise to help you seek revenge on them. All we ask, first, is that you provide us with a small centaur. Should be simple for a creature of your ability, am I correct?"

The man raised an eyebrow, wondering if the spider would fall for it.

User Image
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:01 pm

User Image

User Image

Achaius was not the brightest spider of them all. This man's velvet words were music to his spidery ears. He'd give him power to eat the centaurs? The acromantula clicked his fangs excitedly in thought. In fact, he was recalling that delicious taste. It made him move around impatiently.

"Of course... what I wouldn't do to sink my fangs into those horrible creatures once again," his fangs continued to click together as he spoke, "You want the smallest? Youngest? I, Achaius, know exactly which centaur to retrieve for you,"

Of course, the memory of the small centaur that had been there when he had attacked their leader. It was clear as day. He remembered her weakness, her smallness. She would make Achaius stronger because of this deal. Achaius jittered excitedly as he scurried off towards the centaur sleeping grounds, silent as death.

User Image

User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:59 pm

User Image

User Image

The spider scurried along, traveling on any surface he thought would take him to the centaurs fastest. The path of less resistance. Achaius was traveling upside down, sideways, and right-side up. He had to control his eagerness as he went, so that he would not alert anyone of his approach. Even with his speediness, he hardly made a sound as he traveled through the dense part of the forest towards the less dense, where the centaurs called home.

As he approached, Achaius slowed down, reverting to walking upside down in the trees. This was it, he could smell the centaurs now, their stench polluting this part of the forest that he had once called home. He went about, like a shadow, on the underside of the forest's canopy. Traveling until he was in the centaur's midst. Most of them asleep.

Achaius scanned the ground, looking for the right centaur. His eyes fell on their leader. He was stronger than last time, with a scar from their encounter. At least he had left that much. Silently, he made his way around the campsite, searching. Then his eyes fell on the red delicacy. TH small centaur that Achaius had knocked to the side.

It was in mere moments that he was over the centaur. He examined her small frame. Then, as gently as the wind, he lifted the centaur from her sleeping ground. From the end of his abdomen, he created a liquid that his back legs spun into a web. With this, he used to cover her mouth so she could not scream. Achaius would taste centaur flesh soon enough.

User Image

User Image
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:15 pm

User Image
❋ Sagittarius ❋
Centaur
                                            _________

A soft breeze, chilling Sagittarius to the core. In her dream, she was traveling on a snowy night, following the path of the stars. She softly trekked through the snow, her hooves marking where she had been. A clear night, without the veils of the dark clouds.

The calm only forewarned the calamity that would occur, when Sagi woke up from her slumber. Her alerted mind released adrenaline through her body as she realized that she was lifted from her resting spot by the acromantula, the same that attacked Ammar in the past. Her first thought was to scream, but something sticky prevented her from doing so. Running her small hands over her mouth, she realized that the spider had gagged her with its filthy silk.

The substance now covered the teen's hands as well, limiting the movement of her hands and fingers. She panicked and started to kick the spider with her hooves as best as she could. Even if she trained herself for a face-to-face battle, she didn't expect an ambush, a kidnapping. Why her? Why was the bug after her? If only she had her bow and arrow, a spear, or even a rock. But no, Sagittarius was helpless, with no clue how to prevent herself from being taken into the shadows of the night alone with the acromantula.

My heart, my mind,
Independent,
Strong.
Unyielding,
I am my own.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:31 pm

User Image

User Image

Achaius continued spinning his web, hardly noticing the small centaurs kicks. In fact, he wanted to end those as soon as he could, working with such speed. He turned the centaur over and over, wrapping his silk over her body, trapping her inside. If he wasn't trying to be quiet, Achaius would have been clicking and humming happily.

He just continued his work until the centaur was nice and snug in his cocoon of sorts. With his back legs holding the centaur close to his body, Achaius slowly made his way from the scene of the kidnapping, slowed down only partially due to the lack of one set of legs.

This was the greatest thing that the spider had done in months! And he was getting away with it too. He delved into the forest's depths, leaving behind the clearing that he had picked up the centaur.

User Image

User Image
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:37 pm

User Image
❋ Sagittarius ❋
Centaur
                                            _________

It was a miracle Sagi could still breathe inside this ball of disgusting sticky substance. The mere smell of the silk made her gag. What was more was that she was caught so easily. She knew that even if she was sleeping, she had to be alert and ready for danger, for the centaurs delved in the Forbidden Forest, after all.

Fighting against the strong web was useless. So instead, Sagi listened as best as she could for any signs of water. Right now, water was her only hope to finding her way back to the herd, if she were to escape from the spider. And Sagittarius, as a brave young mare, would never go down without a fight, even if her efforts seemed futile. I swear upon my life that you will suffer a death in the most horrible way possible, spider.

My heart, my mind,
Independent,
Strong.
Unyielding,
I am my own.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:54 pm

User Image

User Image

Achaius made his way slowly through the forest, again, shifting whether he was right-side up or upside down. Just whatever was easiest. He wanted to get there quickly, so excited with his prize and the promise of power, Achaius started clicking. He was far away enough to do it without fear of the centaurs hearing.

Especially as he finally reached the denser part of the forest. He went back to the area he called 'home', where this stranger was waiting for him to return with the small centaur. The stranger was sitting on a fallen log, near where Achaius had left him.

With clicking, Achaius excitedly presented the centaur to the wizard, "I have brought the smallest, youngest centaur that they have in their herd... now, your promise," the spider dropped the centaur cocoon onto the ground, a few feet away from the wizard. His eight eyes watched the stranger closely.

There was no way this wizard could escape him without holding his end of the bargain.

User Image

User Image
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:59 pm

User Image
❋ Sagittarius ❋
Centaur
                                            _________

The stupid spider's ticking noise was annoying. So annoying that Sagi wanted to rip it apart, not that she didn't already have the urge to do so. With an "ompf" she felt the cocoon land on the ground. Then through muffled walls, she heard a conversation. Although it was hard to make out the words, she knew that the spider didn't act alone. More acromantula to fight? More enemies? Sagittarius braced herself for what was to come, either a ton of pain or a fate worse than death.

My heart, my mind,
Independent,
Strong.
Unyielding,
I am my own.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:18 pm

User Image
User Image

As the spider dropped his cocoon onto the ground before him, the man immediately went to it to investigate. There was no sign of injuries or bleeding, which was good. He gently pressed a hand where he thought the head was, wondering if it would move. Then, he moved his hand down to where he thought the arm would be.

He looked up at the spider as he spoke, "So," he paused, "Everything seems in order. The centaur is unharmed, I take it?"

The spider nodded, and the man smiled. Perfect, he thought.

"Well then. We thank you for your services, spider," he smiled as he left with the centaur, leaving behind a loud crack as they apparated to the headquarters.

User Image
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:26 pm

User Image
❋ Sagittarius ❋
Centaur
                                            _________

Sagittarius felt it, something press against the cocoon. This wasn't a spider, she concluded. Who could it be? Another creature? A wizard? No, it couldn't be; Wizards and centaurs, although friendlier, still avoided each other if possible.

Sagi felt the air twist and turn around her. It made her sick. This type of power... She was never exposed to it before. This couldn't be the work of the majority of the creatures that lurked inside the forest. Whatever her abductor was, her head swam with sickness and dizziness, which prompted her mind to stay blank until the feelings go away.

{Exit to headquarters}

My heart, my mind,
Independent,
Strong.
Unyielding,
I am my own.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:34 am

User Image
User Image

⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉

Standing guard, Imara was silent. She stared into the forest before her, searching for... something, or someone. Whatever was causing the upset. It must be some sort of monster that they had never seen before, something new and different and terrifying. Though, she only found the forest staring back at her. No glowing red eyes or hideous growls or anything of the sort. It was... quiet. Peaceful. She looked up, at the sky, at the stars, at the moon. How could a place so beautiful and calming be under such distress? A sigh left her, and she lay down where she stood, and soon fell into the realm of sleep.

The next morning, the birds that were singing rose Imara from her slumber. Her eyes fluttered open and looked up instantly. The Sun was shining, the sky was clear, the day held promises of good things. Standing up, she stretched her legs and her arms, absorbing the beams of light and heat emitted from the Sun above her. The first thing she had to do was wake up Sagi. She never woke up on time, enjoying the feeling of sleeping in until noon. Walking to the spot her red haired friend had claimed for herself, Imara was surprised to see it empty. "Sagi? Come on. This is no time for hide-n-seek, my friend." she said with a small laugh. Reaching down, feeling the spot where the centaur would have been sleeping, she found it cold. Cold, as if there had not been a body there at all during the night. Now, she grew worried. But, maybe she just got up really, really early. Asking the other centaurs if they had seen Sagi at all that day, she got only no's and shakes of the head. She hadn't been seen. At all. Worried was no longer a small feeling in her being. It had consumed her. Imara rushed to her leader's sleeping spot, poking him in the side with her hoof. "Ammar. Ammar, wake up." she said, hoping he wasn't in the middle of a wonderful dream. As soon as he was awake, she spoke the words she hoped she would never have to say. "Sagi is gone."

User Image
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:46 am

User Image

Once an heir, now a leader. I only hope I can do as well as my father wanted...

The centaur was roused from his sleep, yawning and blinking his eyes until he could open them more fully. He wasn't on to sleep in, but staying up as late as he had the night before, tossing and turning, thinking about... well, needless to say he didn't get much sleep. And, when he had finally fallen asleep, he had nightmares through the whole night. So, resting a little longer seemed like an acceptable action after the rough night he had had last night. However, it seemed his responsibility as herd leader was giving him a wake up call.

He looked up at Imara when she spoke to him, saying the words: Sagi is gone. It didn't register in Ammar's head until a few seconds later. The meaning had no meaning for a good few seconds, and then it hit him like a falling tree. Sagittarius was gone?

Ammar rose from his sleeping ground and rushed to Sagi's sleeping spot, trailing a good line of furs that he hadn't taken off in his rush. He paused as he arrived at the small centaur's place. Empty, just as Imara claimed. He leaned down and touched the spot. Cold. Looking around, for a sign, perhaps, Ammar wanted to desperately know what happened. He was about to rush off, running through the forest looking for his centaur herd member, when something glinted and caught his eye.

He reached down and touched it. A strand of silk. It was sticky and clung to Ammar's hand as he lifted it away from the spot he had touched. He rubbed his thumb and forefinger together, feeling the web within his fingers. A rage boiled in him, searing the scar on his shoulder. Only one creature could have done this.

With anger and sadness in his eyes, he looked up at Imara. Standing up, a few heads taller than the female centaur, Ammar hugged her and held her close to comfort her,
"I am so sorry, Imara... she is gone,"

User Image
User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:26 am

User Image
User Image

Imara followed her leader to her friend's sleeping place. She was careful not to trip on any of the furs he was flinging behind him. No need for a twisted ankle. Not now. As he inspected the area, she stood and watched, silent. So many thoughts were running through her head, so many memories and pieces of memories that tried to fit together to form a clear picture in her mind, but just couldn't. Their edges were all jagged, and none of them combined. She wondered where her small friend would have gone, if she would have gone at all. What if she had been taken? Captured? Abducted? Kidnapped? She shook the words from her thoughts. Each one burned into her soul, the pain of losing your friend. Ammar was inspecting something. It was... silk. The spider. Sagi's sworn enemy, as well as her leader's. He had come in the night, and stolen away the smallest warrior they had. She shook her head, not wanting to believe it, wanting to run, run away and find her, run away and hide, all at the same time. She found herself wrapped in Ammar's arms, which, on a normal day, would partially freak her out. But today, she allowed it, pulling herself into him and burying her face into his chest. "It's my fault. I told her to sleep last night instead of letting her stay up with me to watch the camp. She slept, and that spider crept in and stole her away. It's my fault she's gone. All my fault..." she muttered, trailing off for her words stung at her heart.

User Image
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games