Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
GET TO KNOW YOUR FELLOW AUSSIES Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:52 am
Fine then. I like the Roman empire because of how they intergrated the local festivals of the different cultures they controlled to be focused around their believe system. When Constantine was in power, this is how he stread the catholic church around so easily.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:36 am
I knew Constantine did that with Christianity, but was it performed with other religions as well?  

WellzY
Crew

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:12 am
I am not sure, I would assume it was when they were still under there wacky mythology.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:05 am
Well you guys just stuffed up this thread didn't you?

So I'll go with the last question. Fav mythological god?

I don't have one!

Hows about favourite Roman Emperor? (Mine's Augustus. He was just fantastic... after he stopped being evil that is)  

EmWah
Crew

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:26 pm
You don't? I'm sure there's be one for you EmWah, there's a Mediterranian god that's just right for everyone. 3nodding

I don't know much about the Roman emperors, I'm more impressed with their collapse than their rise and dominance actually. twisted

I think I'll just say Nero, because he was an arsehole.

Cantonese or Mandarin? neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:49 am
Mandarin, only because it is also a fruit.

French or Spanish?  

iamNOTanidiot

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:52 am
French, it sounds more eloquent, while Spanish seems a bit baser, but that's only thanks to history.

This is inspired by the ARIAs which I'm watching at the moment, but what or who is your favourite Australian act?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:05 am
The first answer that comes to mind it Billy Idol because I am listening to his greatest hits, but that can not be so. I would have to say that I do not listen to much Australian music anymore, but I can think of my favourite right now.

Rogue Traders- It is not as bassy as I like music, but I do not mind listening to them. Also Natalie Bassingthwaighte is so ******** hot, I can not stop thinking about her.

Favourite Group from the 70s?  

iamNOTanidiot

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:08 am
Did you spell Bassingthwaighte off the top of your head? I had NO idea it was spelt like that. o_0

Favourite 70s band... that's a hard one, there was a lot of music around that time. I'm just gonna have to go with Yes, because they're the only band I really know from that period. Of course, there's also Ledd Zepplin and Queen who rocked pretty hard too. 3nodding

What about the 80s then?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:15 am
Mwhahaha, I wish I could have spelt it off the top of my head. The Sunday Telegraphs Magazine called Sunday had an article on them. I am still thinking about her and those HOT hot pants she was wearing in the film clip and at the ARIAs.

Mwhahaha and this is where I can cheat. I could say that both KISS and The Who a re my favourite's from the 80's because they were still releasing new material then. In fact the The Who recently released and live album with some new songs on it. But both band started in the 1964, so I will not count them.

I would have to say Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I love most of the songs from their first album- Suck My Kiss, Give It Away and Under The Bridge are some you would now. And I love how them make albums when they want to. They are set to release a new albmu some time next year.

Favourite Comic superhero?  

iamNOTanidiot

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:20 am
Eeer, oh gee. I'm not a comic reader at all, except for a few online ones that I get hooked on over time. If I could say online comics, I'd say the Pink guy from Pentasmal, but that's cheating.

From the generic heros, i'll go with... Spawn, because he's so nasty. twisted

Shakespear play?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:30 am
Spawn is nasty but such a cool character. What more could you what from a guy that was sold into the devil's service against his will and being used as the ultimate weapon against heaven. Of cause, he revolts and has to fight alone against both sides- either they were trying to gain his power or destroy him. Both sides do both. For comic superheros, I have to say Colossus. In the original Xmen series, he was a Russian Scientist with the power to change his bodies chemical structure into cold steel. He was almost in destructable and is immune to all forms of disease. There was a virus made that destoryed mutants on the genetic side of things. He injected himself with the virus and destoryed his body in the Earth's atmosphere, spreading the antidote to through out the world. Smart, noble and humble- that is what a superhero should be.

My favourite Shakespearian play would have to be King Lear. I studied it in year 12 and loved it from the first page. It it would be one of the only ones I would want to play in.

Favourite fastfood joint?  

iamNOTanidiot

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:34 am
I'm not a very big fast-food fan, but I love Hungry Jacks, and reccently I've come to love Ali Babas, which is fantastic. xd

Favourite nut? As in cashew, almond, peanut, postacio, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:37 am
Favourite fast food joint?

Eatwell (chinese take away in Albury)... Out of the big ones I'd sadly have to say Mc Donalds.

And on that note...

Cheese burger or quarter pounder?

::Edit::

Rahh to Wellzy for posting before me. Favourite nut is cashews!  

EmWah
Crew

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:39 am
Peanuts, both the nut and the comic.

Quater pounder, although there is not much difference anymore.

Theme song? Mine is Smash by the Offspring  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games