Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:53 pm
they're still in production  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:27 pm
Angelic Celestia
Question: you know how in World War 2, a lot of planes had bikini-clad women painted on them? Well, would there be any regulations against such being painted on, say, an x-wing or Jedi Starfighter?
I was thinking that for Shards, Mordranna would have a faerie painted on her fighter. A little something to personalize it for her. ^^

User Image

I had something akin to that in mind. heart
Nose art is a common thing among Republic forces and actually is a longstanding military tradition. the Empire frowns on it but a few aces manage to get away with it regardless.  

Sol Walker
Crew

HereticX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:43 pm
Forget that, if I have any art at all, I'm going to have the ship or vehicle in question painted black with big flame decals.
And the landing gear will have hydraulics.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:50 pm
I just have holo projectors installed throughout my ship. custom paint job whenever I want.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:58 pm
hum. my ships have to be flat black so they have camo in space, cause they're all...stealthy...and shtuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:00 pm
Nospai Deathous
hum. my ships have to be flat black so they have camo in space, cause they're all...stealthy...and shtuff.
I do that too when I wanna be sneaky. Matte black is as good a defense as a shield generator. Law enforcement frowns on it though and you can find yourself being arrested in relatively short order if you pull into a legit port with a black ship.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Ryuu Kuro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:06 am
meh...cloacking device heart  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:46 am
Ryuu_Kuro
Sorry pal. the good cloaking devices are impossible to get and even harder to refuel. the gems they work on were devoured by the Republic and the Empire and so the supplys are tapped out. no more cloaking gems.
as for the Thrawn style cloaking device, its expensive and huge. impossible to place on anything under a hundred meters.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:17 pm
Cale Darksun
Ryuu_Kuro
Sorry pal. the good cloaking devices are impossible to get and even harder to refuel. the gems they work on were devoured by the Republic and the Empire and so the supplys are tapped out. no more cloaking gems.
as for the Thrawn style cloaking device, its expensive and huge. impossible to place on anything under a hundred meters.

Hence why the hibridium deposits on Garos IV are a valuable resource...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:21 pm
thats the stuff that powers the Thrawn class Cloaking device.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:27 pm
Cale Darksun
thats the stuff that powers the Thrawn class Cloaking device.
The mineral produces a natural cloaking effect. why would you need something large? unless you're trying to amplify the effect?

AS for me, just have a masking system. then, recalibrate the frequency to pulse the same as a jammer, and the targeting systems can't hit you anyway. Doesn't help for those shooting under manual control, but automatic turrets will have fun.

Or, better yet, just kill anyone who tries attacknig you in the first place.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:32 pm
theres a whole host of stealth equipment on the black market. Sensor masks, back up batteries, bafflers, generally cheaper and more useful than the modern cloaking device. your modern cloak gives you a nasty double blind effect.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:35 pm
Alas, but it provides a useful part of the upcoming story.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:40 pm
despite the double blind effect, Commanders of both sides would give their left nut to control the galaxy's supply of Cloaking minerals.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:44 pm
Only because their right nut is given to control the entire galaxy unoppposed.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games