Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:54 pm
Mandalore Warrior

Where did you get that I would hire someone else, blah blah, from? It's a recording from a game, so, it's a loop. And, no one really does that dance, actually.

I was asking a serious question. And since that was your serious answer, I found it worth making fun of. Lighten up. Afterall, it's just a joke...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:57 pm
I get what he means. The pondering... there seems to be no end.

IMO, the ideal Mandalorian is honorable, goes by a code (Not exactly Code of his people), but one with moral, and has feelings. I know for a fact when I role play, I act like a Black Water mercenary. That's not good.

Best way to put it; is compare Montross (the Douche) to Boba. Two completely different Mandalorians, if we can even call Montross one.

Yeah I know Nelo. lol I won't snap at you, I don't want to/never will. I respect you. I was somewhat serious, since that vid was really a joke rofl.  

Valkore Fraust

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:42 pm
Cale Darksun
Mandalorians are as creative as the Roman Empire.
They borrow everyone else's ideas and only show real nvention when they have to kill some one.

That method did have them ruling much of the known world for quite a while...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:56 pm
Aurin_Starkiller
Cale Darksun
They borrow everyone else's ideas and only show real nvention when they have to kill some one.

Only because the Rulers of Carthage were incapable of putting any effort behind a real war, much to Hannibal Barca's perpetual annoyance.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:05 pm
Cale Darksun
Aurin_Starkiller
Cale Darksun

Only because the Rulers of Carthage were incapable of putting any effort behind a real war, much to Hannibal Barca's perpetual annoyance.

They nearly conquered Rome early in its history, and would have done so had it not been for the brutal passage through the Alps. I've walked on that harsh terrain, I can't imagine trying to lead an army over it...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:08 pm
Carthson Blikk
My all around Star Wars Character has Mandalorian blood from a few generations back, and only recently discovered that, still, he doesn't prance around in...wait....*sigh* I need to find a better armor to use in SWG.

I mean, everyone and their mother is wearing mando, even me.

Cale, you brought that up before. A hell of a lot of people wear mando. But I have a background story for mine. It was Blikk's great grandfather's, and (unknown) happened, then the bloodline coasted away from mandalorian-ness, the armor being stowed away in the Blikk home for 20 or so years until being found by yours truly. Is that realistic/justify my wearing mandalorian?

Just in case this was missed razz  

Rendin Verta

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:22 pm
A Superweapon contest! Shiny, I'll get to work right away...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:27 pm
Your post was probably seen, and ignored.  

Valkore Fraust

Rendin Verta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:32 pm
Why would it be ignored?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:38 pm
Nelowulf
Cale Darksun
You've been on a real Anti-Mando rant lately, Nelo.

Did some big mean bucket head steal your lunch money?

Ah dunno. I guess maybe it's because since the whole 'echani' thing, I've been really starting to question their intelligence... And it's not necessarily that they are stupid all the time, but there seems to be quite a few hypocritical marks about their entire culture. And that's what's bothering me. Mandos are supposed to be a simple lifestyle, and yet they seem to break their own rules at whim here and there.

I'll get off of it later, but it just seems that maybe what I expected out of them and what the general community seems to make them out to be are rather different. With jedi and sith, you know what's ideal, and what's not. I guess i'm starting to ask what the hell is an ideal mando. And the only one I've found is Boba. all the rest are somewhat lacking in their own rights.

*shrug* I mean, I used to think they were kind of something that was quick, dirty, and got the job done efficiently, like a navy seal or marine. Now looking at it, for some odd reason, that image isn't true anymore. I keep seeing them as merely things like the Juggernaut, just plow things with a strong enough fist and you're bound to win, like some dope in a tank... and that kind of kills it for me. Boba was smart, clever. But I can't see him beating his chest or acting like some football linebacker...

It's kind of insulting to me, and i'm not even calling myself one... And the worst part is I know there are more brains there.

Plus, right now, they aren't even scary. I've found myself laughing at mandos. And that should NEVER happen. But I am... And its annoying to no end...
No one will ever live up to Boba. But some already have. Boba abandoned his family. He left his people to lead themselves, and only cared about himself.
Gorin Bevin was a much better Mandalorian than Boba. But yet, Boba was a better Mandalorian than Bevin.

What I'm saying is, every Mando and every person is different. None of us are perfect though some are great. Mandalorians are painted up to be something that we're not. Over-romanticized.  

Jaden_Ordo

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:39 pm
Because we were talking about Nelo's anti-Mandalorian...ness?, Mandalorians dancing (lol AH OOMPANAY!), then some more on Mandalorians. Your character armor and others wearing was probably the previous discussion. I guess.

That, and, no one replied to it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:05 pm
Cale, what item gives you that horse behind you? I'd like to get one.  

elvisnake

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:21 pm
Kelp of the Loch  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:26 pm
Oh, thanks. I should have guessed it was evolving.  

elvisnake

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:59 pm
Has anyone made Beskar'gam? I was told that the aluminum (The best thing to make it out of) isn't cheap. I can totally craft it, just need the armor.

I also need tips on what the armor should be attached to, and how to do so. The underlay and such. The helmet, too.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games