Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:49 am

Nevermind, Nospai already answered me,
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Can someone get me a list of Star Wars metals and alloys?

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

elvisnake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:26 pm

I have a friend that probably could. His name is Wookieepedia.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:08 pm

Dropping names, are we elvis?

Sol Walker
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:13 pm

Cale Darksun
Dropping names, are we elvis?
Not dropping per se, more like fumbling names...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:52 pm

yes, and I also was able to utilize it in a way i thought I couldn't.

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:17 pm

Can someone please explain a Forked Lightsaber to me?

Something tells me it was to improve defensive abilities somehow.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:36 pm

Probably the same reason the lightsaber-tonfa came about.

Someone looked at a martial arts weapon (in this case, a jutte) and decided "hey, that'd be a neat lightsaber design!".

Really, if it was a blade, you could claim better defenses. However, since the emitter holds out at 45 degrees, it'd be useless if a blade caught the gap, unless there was an alloy armor plating to prevent chopping off that little offshoot.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:38 pm

Still, what use is it?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:40 pm

Nelowulf

Someone looked at a martial arts weapon (in this case, a jutte) and decided "hey, that'd be a neat lightsaber design!".

Really, if it was a blade, you could claim better defenses. However, since the emitter holds out at 45 degrees, it'd be useless if a blade caught the gap, unless there was an alloy armor plating to prevent chopping off that little offshoot.
You could use cortosis...

elvisnake

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:43 pm

Well, in real life, a Jutte is used much like a Sai. Unlike the Sai, whose origins were as a farming tool, a Jutte was more dedicated to the fight. you could catch a blade in the crook of the two beams, tying up a sword or staff, and quickly close distance with a short ranged attack.

In lightsbaer combat, I assume it'd have a more flashy role. Much like with ribbons or horsehair at the end of a spear, another blade, even if its use is somewhat vestigial, is something to avoid, and subconciously people would be not at the top of their game.

Plus, if you get locked in combat, all one would have to do is rotate and push that 45 degree blade into an opponent.

So I assume it'd probably work out better for a Shien Style'd practicioner, to bully someone into constant motion.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:50 pm

Roblio Darté does seem the sort to practice Shien. So I'd guess your guess would be correct.

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:51 pm

elvisnake
Nelowulf

Electrum would be better, cortosis disables a saber.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:53 pm

Des Voh
elvisnake
Nelowulf

Electrum is just like gold plating. It doesn't do squat, last I heard. And cortosis would work. I'd think Phrik would be far more plentiful.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:58 pm

Nelowulf
Des Voh
elvisnake
Nelowulf

Electrum is just like gold plating. It doesn't do squat, last I heard. And cortosis would work. I'd think Phrik would be far more plentiful.
Electrum is totally resistant to a lightsabers blade, check its Wookie Entry.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games