Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:20 pm
Rodyn
I'd like to see a war between the Mandalorians and the Empire.

There was already.
The Planet Mandalore sided with the Rebellion some time after Hoth. The last two Supercommandos led a resistance movement on their homeworld and signed on with the Alliance after Leia visited them.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:21 pm
Rodyn

To be honest, I'm neutral. And if there's a war between our people and another faction, I'll fight to the death. But, it's always whoever pays good and has a good reason to die for.

Has anyone read Sun Tzu and the Art of War? I've seen a hardcover book of it somewhere.  

Valkore Fraust

Rodyn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:35 pm
Cale Dulnas Lee
Rodyn

There was already.
The Planet Mandalore sided with the Rebellion some time after Hoth. The last two Supercommandos led a resistance movement on their homeworld and signed on with the Alliance after Leia visited them.

I meant as in Mandalorians having a sizable force, such as in the Old Republic days.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:37 pm
They did that too.
Mandalorians sided with the separatists and fought the Clones, viewing enslaved copies of Mandalore as an insult to their culture.  

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:57 pm
I'd like to see your mom fight your face ! LOL JK

Hey, they had a right to side with the Seps. I don't blame them, either. I love when Kal and the ARC fought them trying to get to the damn scientist inside that cave.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:13 pm
Alright guild, really quick. I need to write a paper for my history class that I'm probably failing in. It's about our POV on government, and I chose to go out of the box. Pros and cons of Communism... I don't wanna write on Obama or McCain, because I hate'em both.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Cut and dry:

Communism pros:
Good when the populatoin is mostly lower class (farmers, etc.)
Very egalitarian.

Cons:
Very theoretical, rarely implemented well
Poor motivation to work (must be cultural desire)
Poor craftsmanship.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:19 pm
Is communism what people believe it to be? Really evil? Can it be a slightly free form of government? Say you add some things people have taken from them in a communist society. Would that work?

I read that communism offers a lot of jobs, but too few freedoms. Is the whole point where freedom is to be avoided at all costs?

Nelo, you have no clue how much I was depending on you to answer lol.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:24 pm
Communism means very simply you have no personal property. It doens't mean you don't have rights or anything, but everything is shared by 'the commune'. Hence, communism. Everyone works, everyone gets paid. The same wage. Doctors, farmers, whatever.

Most americans find it 'evil' since we've still got remnants of the cold war going for us, and we don't like the idea jimbob shares the same weedwhacker we do.

Just think of communism as though everyone within a 50 miie radius of your house is part of your family. You have law, you have order. that doesn't mean it's oppressive. However, since communism has never really been tried (just like democracy), we have people like stalin, ze-dong, castro, and all those other dictators to 'represent' it.

It's an ideal lifestyle, in many ways, but the problem is human greed, corruption, and sin will never let it work properly.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:33 pm
God, Nelo, you're a Saint...

So, it's really good in a lot of ways? This is what I think of communism; it's good for the economy. Keeps it stable. Crime rates are low, everything is in order. People look at me and say, "have you gone mad? Are you a hardcore anarchist at night, communist by day?" No.

Pretty much, if Castro, Stalin, etc, make it look bad? It can be a nice society to live in?

I live in my own world. I want order so damn much. Older people look at me as young and naive, not knowing what I really want. Communism can be a good place for order?  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:37 pm
No, it's not really good. Not unless you have a massive lower class. America would be a shithole in a week.

governments exist to give the people the best form of services they can afford. if you're china, which is around 80% lower class, then communism rules, because you get all this spiffy gear to work with.

However, if you're america, where the lower class is around 35%, it's the shits, because 65% of the people get royally ********. Bill gates? Broke, probably lynched. Warren Buffet? burned at the stake. Oprah? Raped, mauled, and fed to bears.

Communism is basically welfare. It's nice that everyone can be on it, but are you really going to tell me that you're going to give up your house to a bum on the street?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:39 pm
Oh, damn.

So what would happen to the higher class people? Besides getting burned, raped and eaten by bears? rofl  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:43 pm
Essentially, everything they owned gets redistributed. It's like living in military barracks. Your clothes are issued to you, your food is issued, rations exist, your sole job is to fill a quota, etcetera.

It drives a country into complete laziness and ineptitude. For example, your health care is non-existant, because eveyrone gets one checkup a year. Sick or healthy, you get one per family. To fill a quota, just meet specifications. There were reports that chandieliers from russia fell from the cielings because chandeliers were sold by the ton, so they made them out of rot iron and lead instead of gold and crystal.

Instead of making 1000 pairs of shoes, you save a mold and make 2000 left shoes.

you starting to see the problem? it's very useless for a people to partake in because without enforcing strict guidelines and a harsh lifestyle, people will cheat the system.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:59 pm
I'm getting there.

Say 2k left shoes were made, and someone was sent time to time to inspect. They found the 2k left shoes, instead of 1k, then the people would have to get in trouble. That's enforcing it?

Without enforcement and a high rate of unemployment (lower class), it wouldn't be so successful?  

Valkore Fraust

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:43 pm
Awesome  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games