Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:07 pm
Ya know, this makes me want an SKS more. I'll probably get one once I have the money. Especially since they are so cheap to shoot.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:52 am
Capt Buckner CTO
Ya know, this makes me want an SKS more. I'll probably get one once I have the money. Especially since they are so cheap to shoot.
spend only a little extra and you can have an AK.

ammo for both is the same  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:24 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Capt Buckner CTO

DESIGN OF COMRADE KALASHINKOV IS INELEGANT, IF SIMPLE AND ROBUST. DESIGN OF COMRADE SIMONOV FAR MORE ELEGANT, WHILE REMAINING SIMPLE AND ROBUST. SIMONOV KARBIN IS MORE ACCURATE OF RIFLE, AND TOP-CLIP LOADING EDIFICE MAKES CONSCRIPT MORE CAUTIOUS. WARY CONSCRIPT NOT AS LIKELY TO WASTE BULLETS AND FIND HIMSELF, AS AMERICANS SAY, UP PADDLE CREEK WITHOUT s**t.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:42 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Capt Buckner CTO

DESIGN OF COMRADE KALASHINKOV IS INELEGANT, IF SIMPLE AND ROBUST. DESIGN OF COMRADE SIMONOV FAR MORE ELEGANT, WHILE REMAINING SIMPLE AND ROBUST. SIMONOV KARBIN IS MORE ACCURATE OF RIFLE, AND TOP-CLIP LOADING EDIFICE MAKES CONSCRIPT MORE CAUTIOUS. WARY CONSCRIPT NOT AS LIKELY TO WASTE BULLETS AND FIND HIMSELF, AS AMERICANS SAY, UP PADDLE CREEK WITHOUT s**t.
nah.

sks is about just as accurate as an ak

the only thing that made them more "accurate" in vietnam is that VC were forced to actually take their time and aim with them while everyone who had an AK preferred to blaze them.

theres a ton of things you'd be missing out on and hurting for later if you choose an sks over an ak as well.

first one would be magazines. the only reliable ones are the stock 10rd and the tapco 20rd. and those mags will never fit in a chest rig or magazine pouch of any kind.

second is that the bolt must be locked to the rear in order insert the mag, so taking it out and putting it back in while the rifle is chambered is a no no. there will be no way of telling how many rounds you got until you shoot them all.

third is that the magazine release is an inconvenience because you gotta pull it to the rear instead of pushing toward the mag which is always a two handed affair. your mag changes would be slowish.

fourth is that the SKS is front heavy as ********. especially yugos.

there are many guns I miss, but my old sks is not among them...  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:55 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Capt Buckner CTO

nah.

the only thing that made them more "accurate" in vietnam is that VC were forced to actually take their time and aim with them while everyone who had an AK preferred to blaze them.

theres a ton of things you'd be missing out on and hurting for later if you choose an sks over an ak as well.

first one would be magazines. the only reliable ones are the stock 10rd and the tapco 20rd. and those mags will never fit in a chest rig or magazine pouch of any kind.

second is that the bolt must be locked to the rear in order insert the mag, so taking it out and putting it back in while the rifle is chambered is a no no. there will be no way of telling how many rounds you got until you shoot them all.

third is that the magazine release is an inconvenience because you gotta pull it to the rear instead of pushing toward the mag which is always a two handed affair. your mag changes would be slowish.

On the upside, SKS's don't recoil, and I have no idea why. My dad's Type 56 kicks like a goddamn .22. Shakes like a b***h, but kicks like a .22.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:20 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Capt Buckner CTO

nah.

On the upside, SKS's don't recoil, and I have no idea why. My dad's Type 56 kicks like a goddamn .22. Shakes like a b***h, but kicks like a .22.
it recoils a little more than an AR, but thats about it.

definitely not as extremely light as a 22.

the reason for it is because of it's gas system.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

SpeedmanRC

Conservative Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:45 pm
SKS is great, I would recommend anyone get one Yugo or Russian don't worry. also china has SKS-D or SKS-M they are a SKS made to work with ak mags. some have thumb hole stocks

AK's are great just get one in a diffrent caliber if you want cause you can unlike the SKS.

my 2 cents  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:59 am
lol heres my old SKS.

you can tell I ******** with it a little.

User Image

User Image

dont ask where I got the handguard from

in my experience, all that s**t, even if it's just with the mags it aint worth it.

just get an ak, youll thank yourself later  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:34 am
Recon_Ninja_985

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:36 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

User Image
LOL  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:37 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

User Image
LOL
******** with it? wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:51 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

User Image
LOL
******** with it? wink
you know what I meant, lol gonk  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:46 pm
Herp derp, wrong ******** thread. Disregard.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:16 pm
Got this over the weekend. Been too busy to take photos of the newest member of my family.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PS, it comes with two magazines. I just tossed this one into the photo.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:14 am
So I have about 280 in the bank, plus 210 in cash right now. And I'm getting 300 something every week for this month. I'm definitely getting an actual rifle, even if its only a Mosin. Most likely going to get an SKS though.

On a side note, I saw a local store listing a Russian SKS at $800 gonk  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces