Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Firearm n00bs: Post your links to them here. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:51 am
OO23OO
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
I think the only difference between a rifle cartridge and a pistol cartridge is what the people that made it call it. If they don't set it as one or the other, then it's just a bullet. I mean we all know size doesn't have anything to do with it. .22 LR is a rifle cartridge and 500 S&W is a pistol cartridge. And shape doesn't. .357 SIG is a pistol cartridge, .475 Linebaugh is a rifle cartridge (isn't it?).

It's not like it's important to classify it, except for 18-year-olds that could buy "rifle" ammo for a PS90 and not "pistol" ammo for a Five-seveN, even though they're the same thing.
I tried to bullshit my way into a box of .45 by saying it was for an Auto-Ordnance Thompson. They didn't bite. Wonder how the law sees 5.7?
Worked when I needed .40 for my Kel Tec. Then again I do work at Wal Mart.
Tried it at Wal-Mart. Had to get my dad to buy it. Whatever.

...wanna buy a box of .45? xd  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:35 pm
Not this s**t again.  

Shrantic

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:47 pm
Shrantic

I'm almost certain that that is a joke amongst a gun community...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:08 pm
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
I think the only difference between a rifle cartridge and a pistol cartridge is what the people that made it call it. If they don't set it as one or the other, then it's just a bullet. I mean we all know size doesn't have anything to do with it. .22 LR is a rifle cartridge and 500 S&W is a pistol cartridge. And shape doesn't. .357 SIG is a pistol cartridge, .475 Linebaugh is a rifle cartridge (isn't it?).

It's not like it's important to classify it, except for 18-year-olds that could buy "rifle" ammo for a PS90 and not "pistol" ammo for a Five-seveN, even though they're the same thing.
I tried to bullshit my way into a box of .45 by saying it was for an Auto-Ordnance Thompson. They didn't bite. Wonder how the law sees 5.7?

When I picked up a box of .30-06 I was asked at the register, "is this for a handgun?"
If there's a handgun, be it semi-auto or revolver, in 30-06 I want one.

I never did the 'this is for a rifle' thing with pistol ammo. Opportunity never came up.  

OberFeldwebel

OO23OO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:30 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

When I picked up a box of .30-06 I was asked at the register, "is this for a handgun?"

I never did the 'this is for a rifle' thing with pistol ammo. Opportunity never came up.
Thompson Contenders come chambered in 30.06, besides, most cashiers don't know their a** from a hole in the ground... except my girlfriend.

And the only .45 we carry is white box, and I'm never buying that again.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:33 pm
OO23OO
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Thompson Contenders come chambered in 30.06, besides, most cashiers don't know their a** from a hole in the ground... except my girlfriend.

Yeah, I heard about those Contenders, but they're single shot break actions.

I have that stuff, is that Winchester?
Didn't like cycling in my 1911, the flat bottom cartridge didn't allow the extractor to easily pass over.
The Wolf ammo was nice and angled, allowed the extractor to hit an angle and glide over, rather than slamming and snapping over.  

OberFeldwebel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:35 pm
OO23OO
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

WWB is alright... But it's dirty as a $2 whore. The WinClean (ironically) wasn't THAT much better.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:19 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Aside from the TC Contender, Magnum Research made their "Lone Eagle" in at least one .30 caliber rifle round. Either .30-06 or .308, I forget. Single shot twist-action.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:20 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Aside from the TC Contender, Magnum Research made their "Lone Eagle" in at least one .30 caliber rifle round. Either .30-06 or .308, I forget. Single shot twist-action.

Yeah, I saw that one, forgot about it though.

I think it's in .308.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:05 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OO23OO

Yeah, I saw that one, forgot about it though.

I think it's in .308.
Load that mo'fukka with 7.62 AP and give the FiveseveN a run for its money.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OO23OO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:51 pm
OberFeldwebel

Didn't like cycling in my 1911, the flat bottom cartridge didn't allow the extractor to easily pass over.
The Wolf ammo was nice and angled, allowed the extractor to hit an angle and glide over, rather than slamming and snapping over.
Yeah, I had two rounds that I wouldn't dare put into my Kel Tec, the bullet had fallen into the casing. There was also one that I missed, slipped it into my magazine, and it jammed the gun. Blessing in disguise though, I wanted to clear a malfunction to see how long it would take.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:40 pm
OberFeldwebel
OO23OO
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OO23OO

Yeah, I heard about those Contenders, but they're single shot break actions.

By design of the 1911, it's supposed to slide under the extractor from the bottom while feeding. It's not SUPPOSED to go over the rim from behind, as that damages it. Now, Wilson 47D magazines mostly don't care (they bypass JMB's "controlled feeding" design by jettisoning the round into the chamber, bypassing feeding problems like bad magazines have), but the slide slamming home under spring force should be fast enough that it should still end up sliding from beneath.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:24 pm
Requiem in Mortis
I actually have one from Hellsing Ultimate.

Alucard's pistol reads "Hellsing Arms .454 Casull Auto". However, there's an inconsistency.

Alucard
"The silver cross of Manchester Cathedral was melted down to make these 13mm exploding shells."

.454 Casull is an 11mm round.
Hey, wait a second, this is technically correct. Alucard has one .454 and one 13mm.

ETA: hurp derp. This has already been pointed out. I'll go sit in a corner again...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:09 pm
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis

Alucard's pistol reads "Hellsing Arms .454 Casull Auto". However, there's an inconsistency.

Alucard
"The silver cross of Manchester Cathedral was melted down to make these 13mm exploding shells."

Hey, wait a second, this is technically correct. Alucard has one .454 and one 13mm.

ETA: hurp derp. This has already been pointed out. I'll go sit in a corner again...
So what exactly do you mean by ETA? Usually ETA means Estimated Time of Arrival, but that makes no sense for the conversation. ಠ_ಠ  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:35 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis

Alucard

So what exactly do you mean by ETA? Usually ETA means Estimated Time of Arrival, but that makes no sense for the conversation. ಠ_ಠ
Edited to Add.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games