Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:41 pm
Yes they can, as long as the character has posted 5 or more times in the meta RP.

I am pretty sure a Rp has to be finished to count.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:48 pm
You can TECHNICALLY get 4 customs a month: 1 regular custom (god or regular SoA), 1 familiar customs, 1 regular breeding custom, and 1 familiar breeding custom. Normal customs and breeding customs are considered separate.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Bugghnrahk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:05 am
Thank-you, guys!

So breeding customs have no effect on non-breeding/regular customs?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:46 am
@Ici: Correct. :3  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:02 am
So I was looking through the breeding rules and a question came to mind.

I might possibly breed two of my SoA together, but the male is currently up for another breeding.
If his breeding comes up first and I keep a cub from that litter, am I still able to keep a cub from the litter between my two SoA, seeing as I will not have kept a cub from the female?

I know the rules say the cub counts for both SoA, but it doesn't really touch on this scenario, so I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 am
If you keep a cub from one of your SoA, ever, that counts, even if they're from separate breedings. So if your male is the father of both litters, even if you've never kept a cub from the female, you've already kept a cub from that male so you can't keep one from that litter without customing.  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:06 am
Damn, that was fast! xD

Thanks for clearing that up!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:36 pm
So this is probably written down somewhere in big, bold letters that I'm just managing not to see, but how often do colorists take pridal customs? It looks like some have been posted for over a year without being crossed out.  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:15 pm
It depends mostly on our whims...and also what's next on the list. Some of them can be very odd/abstract. It's not a colorist obligation to take pridal customs, just an option.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:45 pm
And now I see it. Thanks Meep. Sorry to be such a moron.  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:40 am
Ici Chiot
So many questions...

+ Can event/metaplot roleplays be used for breeding?

+ If a roleplay is dropped/abandoned by one person, but reaches the word count and post count requirements, can it be used for breeding even though the "story" is unfinished?

+ When it comes to customs, I notice a lot of talk about 'custom ins.' I realize you can only custom in once per litter, but does this only apply to breedings? Or is this custom-total-per-month sort of thing?

Thank-you!

As said earlier, yes an rp has to be finished to count for a breeding. However, if a dropped rp meets the requirements, my advice would be to go back to it and make one last post to 'finish' the rp. You don't necessarily need permission from the other person to close it and mark it done.

Meta or Open rps can be used for breedings, as long as your character posted at least five times in it and the rp is closed or finished.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:48 pm
A friend is giving me an SoA. How do I go about getting that SoA recerted?  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:53 pm
DraconicFeline
A friend is giving me an SoA. How do I go about getting that SoA recerted?

You post in the certing thread of the colourist who coloured the SoA, your friend should be able to tell you who it was. The your friend quote your post and say that they gave you the pet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:24 pm
I have a couple of questions...

Some custom stuff:

1. What stages are available as permas, if any?

2. Are permas available through customs?

3. How much would the custom cost of a one stage perma be?

And some growing stuff:

4. Can one request a SoA baby to grow on a particular set of lines (eg. alt instead of regular)

5. If yes, what is the best way to contact a colourist about growing the SoA to that set of lines?

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas