Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:38 pm
User Image

Eretria nodded to Shin. "I won't start a fight. It would be unseemly." She already knew that the older boy had seen her pick a fight, but she had easily won that particular bout. She didn't start fights he couldn't win. "It's good to see you again, Shin."

Looking back at Amanda, she shrugged, ignoring the fact the girl had omitted part of what she was going to say. "I believe that it should start after the sorting. That's what my father had told me."

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Amanda Davis
First Year: Slytherin

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda didn't take her eyes off the sorting in an attempt to avoid talking about her family. Stop mentioning your dad, she thought, envious that Eretria had a father who cared.

wearing

((I would post more, but I can't think of anything D: ))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Mistypaw

9,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:56 pm
Juniper hopped down from the hats stool with a satisfied and proud smile, as she sat at the table. she was glad one of her earlier companions were also in the same house.

(ooc: am at movie posting from phone, will add new layout and post at greater length tonight.)  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:08 pm
`•.¸¸.••´´`•.(`•.¸Payton Loughty III¸.•´).•´``•• .¸¸.•´

•°o.O First Year~ Unsorted O.o°•

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
׺°”˜`”°º×☠׺°”˜`”°º×

As Payton slid off of the stool somewhat ungracefully she looked in Leanne's direction, 'Of course she's a gryfindor.' She made her way to slytherin table looking at the students that were in her house old and new. The ones that had been here in past years have been in conversation for a while pausing only slightly when someone is sorted into the house, the newer people were trying to start conversations and make allies. A finger belonging to someone who she didn't know pointed at her before a comment was made. Narrowing her eyes some she stood making way down the table to say a few things of her own.

A small, almost unnoticeable smirk pulled itself onto her stolid face when she saw a dark haired male beat her to responding to the pale female. 'He's amusing,' she noted mentally. Then her eyes traveled to the blonde that had spoken, 'Isn't she a smart one, but something seeming slightly off with her.' Ever mind sneer and cringed when is complimented her, even though it was nonverbally. Once again she made to speak but a older male flaunting long hair came over and spoke. 'Well crap,' she thought when he said to be respectful to all because the things she was planning on saying were far from respectful.

A tad put down by not getting a chance to put the little annoying wench, who she still didn't even know or recognize, in her place she opted to sit beside the boy who had said the the one who said her name was Whithome or something like that didn't have many manners. 'Thank you,' she'd meant to say it aloud but the words were caught on her tongue. Thank you's and I'm sorry's weren't things she was good at saying therefore she tried conveying the message through her eyes.

"I must say your comment was quite amusing." She almost found herself grinning, almost. She just might have if that were a thing she knew how to do;however, it was not, so she settled for keeping her facial expression more or less blank. "I'm Payton then one you consciously or unconsciously just stuck up for." The words felt and sounded awkward coming out of her mouth being as she was attempting to be civil for once in her life. In her own way the change in attitude, for however short amount of time it lasted, was her thank you since she couldn't speak it.

As she waited on him to say something in return her thoughts turned back to the annoying girl. 'Who the hell is she and more importantly why does she dislike me. I mean at the end of the day she would have hated me anyway but I don't even know her nor have I ever seen her face. So what could I have done already to make her say such rude things?' She pondered on the thought racking her memory to see if she could remember what she did to her but she came up fruitless from her efforts. 'She must have not be significant enough to remember then,' Payton concluded shoving the thoughts from her mind.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Time of Day/Date:〗Night
Mood:〗Amused/Semi-annoyed
〖【OutOfCandy:
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

-Mister Grell Sutcliff-

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:50 pm
User Image

Eretria nodded to Juniper as the other girl sat down, a small smile gracing her features. "I see that you made it into one of the houses you wanted," she said simply. "I kinda wish that Jennifer hadn't ended up in another house. I hope thay the Gryffindors don't make every Slytherin out to be monsters to her. She's pretty nice to talk to." Her gaze went back to the rest of the hall, picking out the others that had travelled in the boats with the two. "I guess that makes me sort of weird, doesn't it?"

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 pm
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Fourth Year
Slytherin Table

Ronyo watched the eager students being sorted into their various houses and smiled seeing the bright smiles from three of the four houses. Every time the names of Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, or Hufflepuff were called cheers and shouts came roaring out. When the Slytherin house was named for a student, whispers and rumors seemed to be the main theme, along with grins and snickers from those who received the house designation. Ronyo still wondered to this day if there were any more from the green and silver house like him. Those not worried about politics or pride, but more about honor and the want to see all the houses at peace. Yes he was truly a different kind of Slytherin to be sure.

Even with his conversation with Hildy and Jess listening in Ronyo darted his eyes to the other three house tables looking for his friends. He could not see Jane or Phi but had a good feeling they were there and enjoying themselves. He could see Tristain well enough so it was likely Phi would be close by, but the older sibling to Tristain was notably absent. He was not sure why but for some reason a feeling of darkness hit Ronyo as he tried to feel out Colton. The darkness seemed to act almost like a barrier in a way, and for some reason Ronyo found it difficult to feel out his friend. Ronyo would need to enter his meditative state once again to find his friend and that would mean leaving the ceremony, something he did not like but found it could be necessary. Ronyo could gain the password well enough as it was common practice for those in the emerald and silver house to gain such information out on the sly at times. With a sigh Ronyo stood up but also took note to address the two young ladies who he was talking with, so as not to come across rude or injure any feelings.

"If you will excuse me ladies I have some matters I need to attend to. I truly hate to break off our conversation as I was well and whole heartily enjoying it. Lady Balford if you wish to hear anymore about my wands please do not hesitate to ask me the next time you see me, it was truly my pleasure to have meet you," Ronyo gave the girl a bow and turned to the red headed Slytherin, "Our meetings seem to be all but brief Jess, I am truly sorry about that my timing is just horrible I feel. We will have to exchange summer tales in class, until then enjoy the feast," He gave Jess a bow as well and with that made his way to the gates of the hall to slip out and find a place he could calm his mind and begin his search.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:54 pm

Amanda Davis

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda sat in silence and watched the sorting, not wanting to put up with people getting on each others backs.

wearing

((I'm really blocked right now and can't think of anything to write ): ))

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:25 pm
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Fourth Year

User Image "We always seem to be in passing, don't we Ronyo. We'll catch up later," Jess stated as Ronyo turned to leave. The slightly smirking redhead slid just a little closer to Hildy and whispered in the otehr Slytherin's ear, "I get the distinct impression that someone fancies Ronyo. Quite frankly, I don't blame you. Ronyo can be quite the dashing gentlemen, when he wants to be."

Jessica smiled conspiratorally at both the lovely Hildy and also at Annabelle, then the pale redhead noted what she perceived at some underlying tension bewteen the two third years, "Is everything alright?"  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

aliciazee

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:20 pm
User Image

User Image
When the sorting hat announced Slytherin, Selene's smirk only grew. This was a victory, her first at Hogwarts, but it proved that many more were to come. She was, after all, her mother's daughter. Selene rolled her shoulders back, stood a bit taller and lifted her chin ever so slightly. She was very proud of this accomplishment. Here is was, she was where she belonged, the elite of the elite, the House of Slytherin and destined for greatness. This the house that had turned out many a great wizard, Merlin himself included. If there were any students destined for greatness, they could be found in Slytherin. Selene could barely contain her pride.

As she took the first step to the students of her new house, she began to mentally assess them, the other students were no longer of any concern, that was, unless they proved themselves worthy adversaries. The chances of that, though, were slim. It was now the other Slytherins her were her first priority. She wondered just who she would meet here.

Selene gracefully took an empty seat, keeping silent and watching the interaction among the students. It was here, among friends, that her enemies could be judged. How did they act when they let their guard down, would they? At first, she took in everything, seeing nothing of much consequence. It seemed, to the outside observer that these were simply children, but that was never the case. These were snakes, serpent's tongues designed to draw you in and catch you off-guard. She had learned her mother's lessons well. She would volunteer no information, but take in as much as she could find. She would keep both her strengths and weaknesses to herself, until the opportune moment to strike.

She noticed a few other first years at the table. She noticed other students throwing looks around, making their intentions towards each other very clear. Only the less experience among them still needing words to express their meanings. As she zeroed in on a few of the students, she noticed alliances being formed left and right, enemies being made. She realized, rather quickly, that some of the other student's arrogance made them rash. A fact, though Selene did nto realize it, that held true for her as well. Some of them, she concluded, were far too vocal with their distate for one another.

After a moment of calculation, Selene decided that best course of action would be to remain silent, at least for the moment. There was much to be gained by listening and watching at this time. Hogwarts was an unfamiliar place and the best thing to do, in this case, was to learn about the pitfalls of the playing field and the weaknesses of the players. For a split second she allowed herself to think how proud her mother would have been of her at this very moment, but the moment passed and Selene, still sitting tall and dignified, was back to her mental assessment of the Slytherin students.

--------------

WITH: Slytherin Table
OOC:

Thanks to Song of Aoede for graphics

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:25 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Year ~ Slytherin

• mood: interested

She nods, thinking of Jennifer, "I'm sure she'll remember we made for fine company, and anyone narrow-minded enough to buy into the stereotype I wouldn't think too highly of anyhow. She's going to need a lot of help acclimating to this culture. But she seemed the type to make friends easily enough." Juniper replied, as she looked over towards the other tables to see how the few she had met were settling in, but it was too crowded to pick them out easily. She shrugged and concentrated instead on getting familiar with her housemates. "Weirdness is good, up to a point. It's certainly better than boring." she assured Eretria.

As she looked over the other students at the table with her, she recognized the girl who nearly ran her down at the train station. "Hello, I couldn't help but recall your rush at the train platform earlier. I hope you were able to resolve whatever caused such a hurry?" she asked with concern.

{{OOC: Yay! New post layout! xd }}

● Talking to ●

Diamond_Wales

Adonyx Ravenblood

Mistypaw

9,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:48 pm
Leonidas Henry Reedling
First Year Slytherin

User Image

Slytherin. The hat, with one word, had begun the first process in determining the rest of his life. Slytherin. The title he shall be stuck with forever. Leo wasn't sure that was bad. He didn't really prefer one house over the other. All he knew is that Slytherins had a bad rap of producing the most Dark Wizards. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that all Slytherins are evil. On the contrary, many Slytherins have gone on to do great things, without turning evil. Merlin, perhaps the greatest wizard of all time, was a Slytherin. And the other houses have produced evil wizards, too.

So what does being a Slytherin mean? Well, to Leo it meant that he was very intelligent and cunning. He was ambitious, and liked things to work out the way he planned them. He will always stick to those who are trustworthy, and will never let them down. He feels no need to prove himself, only to do his very best. And, if the hat said so, he will have the best chance of leading a successful life in Slytherin.

Vaguely, he heard clapping and cheers coming from the table decked in green and silver, with large serpents coiling around the banners hung from the ceiling. His numb legs worked on their own, propelling the orphan boy from the rickety stool over to the long wooden benches. He hadn't made any friends on the train or on the lake, and he didn't have an elsewhere, so he plopped himself down randomly, with his head down, waiting for the food to arrive. He made no move to introduce himself, and just sat there like a stone, contemplating his new life.

Age:11 | Relationship Status:Single | Injuries/Illnesses: None

Wearing

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Amanda Davis

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda sighed, exhausted from the day. Can we just eat? she thought. Suddenly, the Sorting Hat announced another student into Slytherin. She looked up, curious to see who it was. A boy, who wore black clothing, suddenly plopped himself down at the table. Amanda only stared at him for a moment before realizing he definitely didn't want to talk to anyone.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:42 pm
Leonidas Henry Reedling
First Year Slytherin

User Image

Realizing that the food wasn't coming any time soon, Leonidas looked up, for the first time getting a good look at his housemates. They, for the most part, were all chattering away, getting to know each other. A few just sat at the table, perhaps scared, or anti-social, or contemplating. There where quite a few first years, more and more people he would have to deal with. Oh well... Maybe in Transfiguration he would learn some spell to turn them all into dogs. Leo liked dogs.

Suddenly, he noticed that a blonde girl with light gray-green eyes was staring at him. He met her gaze, unafraid. He didn't say a word, but just stared back, neither threatening or friendly, merely curious. He hadn't talked to a single person his age in many many years. He didn't like talking all that much, but perhaps the girl would talk to him.

Although he didn't realize it or admit it, Leo hungered for a human friend. He hadn't had one since he was eight.

Age:11 | Relationship Status:Single | Injuries/Illnesses: None

Wearing

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:56 pm

Amanda Davis

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda didn't take her eyes off the boy until they made eye contact. Out of habit, she quickly darted her eyes towards the front of the room where the sorting took place. It was almost over, so that meant the feast would start soon enough. After a brief moment of watching the sorting, Amanda looked back at the boy who still stared at her.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Mistypaw

9,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Year ~ Slytherin

• mood:

While waiting for people to reply, Juniper watched the sorting- there weren't many left. She also kept an eye on the others at her table. The other kids were mostly being quiet, some for the purpose of listening to others- which was reasonable. And some looked as though they wanted to talk and they didn't seem to know how. 'It's easy, it starts with opening your mouth!' Juniper thought with a sad shake of her head.

{{OOC: BTW, feel free to shoot me friend requests
for the purpose of ooc, chatting, planning,
scheming, and stuff. wink }}

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games