Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:49 pm

The purpose, as stated in the bio is a dedicated fleet combat/carrier role. She can also serve as an excellent convoy raider.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:54 pm

Wookieepedia
Although details are scarce, it appears that the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances naval command at one point decided to aim for a larger number of smaller warships rather than a small number of big warships. The Scythe-class followed that design-philosophy.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:58 pm

You want more ships, work around that design philosophy.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:09 pm

I hold that that only applies to vessels within the Star Dreadnaught/Star Battlecruiser category.

However the Scythe may represent a doctrinal shift in their thinking just before the war. I can write another vessel that fulfills said requirements of a similar weight class and function and post them as a pair if you'd like, the one fulfilling the more is better category, and the Lance representing the Doctrinal shift.

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:19 pm

No, that applies to the entire Core Forces.
Now stop trying to mask your insecurities and make smaller ships.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:23 pm

I'll see what I can do...

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:24 pm

Star dreadnaughts are like civilian Hummers.
Big inefficiant wastes of money.
You dont have that kind of budget so think small.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:29 pm

Apologies for the doublepost.

but why am I masking insecurities by making a large combat vessel?

And why does it apply to the entire Core Forces? Why not just to the Superheavy categories?

PaulTheWolf5575

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:41 pm

Man... I missed a meltdown. I was going to gode Cale on, you guys deserve it, get something in the Corvette class for god sakes!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:44 pm

wow Stellar...so nobody gets any big ships but you?

PaulTheWolf5575

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:46 pm

I'm the Empire, you're the Rebels! NO BIG SHIPS FOR THE INSIGNIFCANT REBEL PUKES! GOT IT! GOOD!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:47 pm

Actually we get the Core Fleet. So shut it.

PaulTheWolf5575

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:08 pm

Okay you get the Core Fleet. So that means you get probably enough ships of the line to challenge 1 Sector Fleet. So...

1 Star Dreadnaught
2 Star Battlecruisers
4 Star Cruisers
etc... etc... etc...

Thats not many heavy ships so quit boasting.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:21 pm

Did I boast? No. I'm simply posting the the stats for said ships.

And I think that the force is slightly larger than that. Its the original Core Sector Fleet, and the remnants of any surviving GA forces.

and on that note, the Lance redux redux

Lance Class Heavy Battle Carrier (falls under Heavy Star Destroyer category)
User Image
Name: Lance Class Heavy Battle Carrier
Role: Fleet Roles/Carrier
Manufacturer: Mon Calamari Shipyards
Length: 2500 Meters
Maximum Acceleration: 42 MGLT
Engines: 17 Mon Calamari Shipyards Heavy (Class I-V) Ion Engines
Hyperdrive: Class 1 X Hyperdrive/8X
Hyperdrive: Mon Calamari Starmaster Mk.VI
Shields: Very Thick, Triple Redundant Generators. (3 Full Sets)
Armor: Thick (Lighter than that of the Stalwarth)
Sensors: Mon Calamari Shipyards Sense Mk.V
Communications: Mon Calamari Shipyards C3 Suite
Weapons:
100 Class 8 Dual Phase Turbolasers
70 Class 12 Variable Bore Torpedo Tubes
50 AEGIS Turrets (Combines a Class 6 Quadlaser Cannon, Paired Fighter Grade Warhead Tubes)
2 Gravity Wells
4 Tractor Beam Projectors
Fighters: 6 Squadrons, Shuttles
Minimum Crew: 1,000
Full Crew: 5,000
Passengers: 2,000 Troops
Cargo: 25,000 Metric Tons
Consumables: 2 Years
Ships of the Line: Many
Notable Vessels: Lance, Defiance, Ossus

Capsule: In 125 ABY, the Galactic Alliance noticed a disturbing build up in the forces of the resurgent Galactic Empire. New Starships reminiscent of the old Empire’s warships were suddenly appearing in greater and greater quantities. The Alliance thus began a new Warship program of its own. They contracted their longtime allies, Mon Calamari Shipyards, to produce something similar to the MC-90 as they had during the original Galactic Civil War. She would fulfill the same role as the Empire’s new Stalwarth class Warship. They told them that expense was not a problem, Galactic War was looming, and the Alliance’s military budget would cover anything.

Faced with the success of their modular Scythe class Star Battle Cruiser, MCS decided to create a dedicated fleet action vessel, to fulfill any role the more modular Scythe might be lacking in when equipped as a Carrier. She also goes the way of the earlier Mon Calamari vessels, featuring a vessel with heavier shields than their Imperial counterparts, as well as a series of Redundant generators that make her a very touch ship to crack.

The Lance is two and a half Kilometers long, with a massive bank of Heavy Ion engines that makes her faster than the Stalwarth, and banks of advanced maneuvering jets allow her to outmaneuver ships in smaller weight classes than her. She boasts an advanced Sensor suite capable of piercing many forms of jamming, as well as creating some of their own. She also uses the new C3 (Command, Control, Communication) suite, which makes her an excellent centerpoint for smaller battlegroups.

Her weapons complement features one hundred class 8 Dual Phase Turbolasers, 70 Class 12 Variable Bore Warhead Launchers, and 50 AEGIS Turrets. The Lance has a lighter Turbolaser complement than that of the Stalwarth, but the caliber of her guns is heavier also features a lesser in number, but more advanced in techWarhead loadout, with 70 Variable bore launch tubes, capable of launching the Alliance's new Standoff torpedoes. This allows the Lance to engage most other vessels before they come into range. Finally, she carries a fearsome point defense armament. The new AEGIS turret combines a fast response droid-brain turret, a class 6 Quad laser, and paire anti-fighter Warhead launchers, which can be loaded with either Concussion, Cluster, or EMP missiles. The AEGIS also receives data from independent nodes, or the Lance’s sensor suite itself, giving each turret an unparalled target selection. This can even give the Lance the edge in a close range broadside exchange. She also possessed two Gravity well generators for trapping its prey.

She carries a full wing of Starfighters, making her an apt carrier. Combine that with 4 tractor beams, and you get an excellent heavy convoy raider. They were used in this capacity several times throughout the war, with excellent results. A single Lance could cut vital supply routes, and when the Imperial Fleet got their, the Lance would likely be gone.

There are two drawbacks to the Lance. The engines are also easy targets for bombers once the shields are down and the armor is weak. There is one other weakness, as well. Cost. The Lance, with all of its advanced technology, is very expensive. It does follow standard Alliance doctrine, however, being lighter and easier to produce, despite its expense. The larger quantity of weapons and armor on the Stalwarth make them nearly equal in cost. A large number of them were produced throughout the war (An equal amount to the production of the Stalwarth in a shorter timeframe), and some of the most tactically interesting duels during the war were between the Heavier, more blunt Stalwarth and the lighter, more precise Lance. All of the surviving Lances are believed to be in possession of the core fleet.

PaulTheWolf5575

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:56 pm

That is a cool pic. But should we have that in particular, it should be balanced, and rather rare. 3nodding

Though personally, I rather like the Scythe. ^^
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games