Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Imperial War Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:13 pm
That's pretty g'd, stellar.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:14 pm
Too bad it should be somewhat self explanatory.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:16 pm
The arguements arise mostly out of one problem: Everyone's getting their a** handed to them by Stellar.

They have these wonderful individual characters, but they spend so much time on waging war with thousands of NPCs the beauty is lost. I would love to have these battles, but if it ends up with everyone going "quit calling me wetarded" because they lack the initive to plan out a battle strategy, instead waiting for spontaneous points to invent new events, it's going to end up with fights until the end of legacy between RPers.

I don't give a s**t what goes down. If you have to, OCC the entire battle, and see how it works out with your opponent. At least then you have the common understanding of the flow, and you won't hit a wall every three steps.

If you think "well then we know what's going to happen", let me tell you this: If you are going to make a noob mistake by incorporating OCC data into your role play, then you deserve to get whatever is given to you.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:18 pm
The thing is, I'm willing to revise as the others are suggesting.

However, Paul is being all "Mountains, mountains, d00dz! I jack off to mountains nightly!"

And you are correct, Ral. The objective for me is to boogey out of there the minute stellar comes knocking at my door-step.  

AFK Masturbating

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:24 pm
Yea, Arch is having everyone withdraw except for maybe two regiments and a couple of armored units to defend the base.

CW: stare Was that really necessary?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:24 pm
That's been my point the whole time. If your fighting someone more powerful than you, run. Think like a rogue or a thief. Your goal has to be outwitting your opponent. Don't rush in headfirst and hope you can pull through. Sit back and think before you react. Battle has always been about adaptation and it always will be. If you can't beat an opponent in a straight fight, force them to your terms.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:26 pm
I explained my theory about this earlier. Paul has this vague description of the base, that's all beautiful in his head. We, however, are not telepathic, and therefore have our own conception.

That's the beauty at least of CotGCW: the battlefields were open to stereotypical thought. If you were on Aldaris Prime, there were trees. On MC, there was ocean. No more, no less.

What's abregado have? Farmland. Where's this battle being fought? Mountainous valley. Throw thought to the wind about stereotypical "mountains", we're going to try to be creative about them to boot.

Let the battle be fought as it is. My prediction winds up with an echani suddenly realizing his bloodrage left him one of the last people fighting, with everyone else already hyperspaced out of the system.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:45 am
Quote:
You've had Cale Darksun put together a battle plan... though his usually involved stealing something.

Sometimes, I miss those days. crusing the stars, nabbing cargoes, dodging the law...*Sigh* those were fun times...  

Sol Walker
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:15 am
Bloody pirates!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:21 am
Ral Roke
Bloody pirates!

Penny ante smuggler  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:38 am
PR is better as a smuggler.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:51 am
PR?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:55 am
At any rate, I'm a good advisor on Military matters, but I doubt I could handle anything larger than a Pirate Band or a squad of troopers. A Full Imperial Fleet or Army Division might be too much for me to effectively manage.
Frigates, Corvettes, and squad based tactics I can handle. Cruisers and infantry formations? notsomuch.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:11 am
Cale Darksun
PR?

Public relations.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:08 pm
Nelowulf
Cale Darksun
PR?

Public relations.

I thought thats what you meant.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games