Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:07 pm
It's a combat assault vehicle, there should be quite a store of weapons onboard. Since Sayla-girl had them pinned I decided to try and stun em so we could have somebody to interrogate.

Plus I just used three grenades... Not the whole box (Which would be at least ten grenades, possibly many more.)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:11 pm
so when were you going to communicate this idea of "Capture" to your troops?
Seems they're all pretty determined to shoot to kill.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:13 pm
Well I don't think we authorized killing the wookiee... did we?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:18 pm
I checked back on that.
At the bottom of page 30 she asked weither to kill or capture me. You never answered her on that and thats the most recent reference to the concept of taking the rebels alive
And I think for the most part they're going for lethal.
Standard operating Proceedures for the Empire is "Shoot to kill".  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:32 pm
First, I forgot about the RP discussion in this thread, dumb me.

Second, I think, regardless of the s**t I'm in, that I am coping rather well, though I can think of no easy solution.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:40 pm
Here's a thought, Even if you detonated my missile before it hit you, wouldn't the explosion still injure your spec ops soldiers?  

Jaden_Ordo

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:02 pm
The concussion would make those outside temporarily deaf... But a Micro-torpedo used by the PLX is meant to penetrate, not fragment so little harm would befall the combatants in the form of shrapnel.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:48 am
By all means that missle should have hit...  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:04 am
It's not that hard, I've shot down incoming cm's with laser cannons in a starfighter. This would be actually a lot easier considering the complete lack of closure rate and the tighter grouping of fire delivered by an autoblaster turret.

Just be glad I didn't have the auto-blasters sweep the alley when I first arrived. With thermal sensors that vehicle could have killed the entire squad in just a few seconds. Fair is fair, I didn't kill you, so you didn't kill me.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:39 pm
@Cale: Oh, I didn't know they weren't portable. Fixing post.

@Stellar: I was ducked behind a crate, how could it hit my chest if I was just poking my head over it enough to shoot?  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:00 pm
Yes, but you're generally expecting the missles.
You had no way of knowing if the rebels had launchers and were in the dark of night when he fired.
The response of your forces would have been limited to "Oh shi-" Boom. Just like every american trooper on the recieving end of a surprise RPG round in Iraq.

In addition, you're talking STARFIGHTERS in a VIDEO GAME.
Starfighters utilize higher end technology than ground vehicles and video games are hardly accurate simulations.

You get me a real video clip of an antipersonel machine gun turret on an APC shooting down an RPG rocket and then I'll believe you're capable of shooting down a rocket with an autoblaster, which is just a low grade Star Wars Gatling Blaster, not an automated blaster turret.
Its got a high rate of fire, low powered ammo, and is rather innacurate.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:01 pm
Jaden_Ordo
@Cale: Oh, I didn't know they weren't portable. Fixing post.

@Stellar: I was ducked behind a crate, how could it hit my chest if I was just poking my head over it enough to shoot?

no worries man. Dont give an inch. Make 'em bleed for every centimeter.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:03 pm
Wait a ******** second....Hoverscouts DONT HAVE autoblasters....

stare Stellar, you got some 'splannin' to do....  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:05 pm
Normal hoverscouts don't... This one has been modified for it's new combat role.

Allow me to quote from page 24 of the Entropy RP.
Quote:
The Colonel shook his head at the junior officer, apparently the thought of meeting a woman in imperial grey was getting him excited, "Alright Bek, how is our newest requisition?"

"Great sir, we pulled out the concussion missile turret to make room for the planet-wide comm system and the mechanics are just now finishing swapping out the laser cannon for a dual auto-blaster mount. Neither change is a loss considering no one here has an armored vehicle to throw at us."

Saburo nodded, "Have you started retraining the crew?"

Anyway... Has K-blade submitted a new BIO?  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:13 pm
Regardless, it's not an autoturret. It has to be manned like everything else in the Post Clone War Empire.

And yeah she had. I'll look over them tomorrow, but I'm heading to bed now.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games