Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:29 pm
Cale Darksun
Yes, but you're generally expecting the missles.
You had no way of knowing if the rebels had launchers and were in the dark of night when he fired.
The response of your forces would have been limited to "Oh shi-" Boom. Just like every american trooper on the recieving end of a surprise RPG round in Iraq.

In addition, you're talking STARFIGHTERS in a VIDEO GAME.
Starfighters utilize higher end technology than ground vehicles and video games are hardly accurate simulations.

You get me a real video clip of an antipersonel machine gun turret on an APC shooting down an RPG rocket and then I'll believe you're capable of shooting down a rocket with an autoblaster, which is just a low grade Star Wars Gatling Blaster, not an automated blaster turret.
Its got a high rate of fire, low powered ammo, and is rather innacurate.

The Israelis and Russians have anti-RPG defenses that work that way (They fire either a shotgun type round {Israel} or a metal plate {Russia} from a computer controlled turret) the U.S. was offered the anti-RPG system by Israel but the boneheads at the pentagon refused it and have contracted an american firm to design one of their own... which will take several years and has probably cost hundreds of American lives.

As for it being a mere 'Gatling Blaster'... The primary armament for most B-wings is four of them (Plus some ion cannons), they pack nearly as much punch as a normal blaster cannon.

This mount is really a star wars miniature Vulcan cannon which we've used for years (20+ They're being phased out because modern missiles can do much the same thing) to destroy missiles launched at ships it makes perfect sense. I even found a video where one takes out mortar fire... The russians even have put a nearly identical system on hovercraft (Which is ironic considering the Hoverscout is a hovercraft, not a repulsor tank).

Cale Darksun
Regardless, it's not an autoturret. It has to be manned like everything else in the Post Clone War Empire.

And yeah she had. I'll look over them tomorrow, but I'm heading to bed now.

Manned? Uh no... Even the Chariot LAVr has a computer controlled weapon system. The original turrets aren't manned either, they're computer controlled. Even the crappy rebel T-4B uses a computer controlled gun.

Plus... When did you switch the Rebel Armaments from Recoilless Rifles (Bazookas) to an absurdly complicated and hard to use missile system. You haven't had that much time to train em.

EDIT: By computer controlled I mean the system is linked up with a targeting computer instead of being directly controlled by a gunner. I don't mean there is no gunner.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:01 pm
I'm just gonna trudge on, cause I can't add anything helpful to the arguement Cale. When I see something I can add, I'll chime in.  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:43 am
A Plex isnt complicated. If Rebels on Garos can figure them out, we should be able to as well.

And look at the crew compliment of a Hoverscout: 1 pilot, 3 gunners.
Interestingly enough, it has 3 weapon systems.
So that means every weapon needs to be manned.

Your "Vulcan guns" have to be aimed in the missle's direction to be able to target it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:44 am
You know what? ******** it.

Keep making s**t up. You'll get yours soon enough.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:05 am
You do realize what I did was necessary for the continuation of the RP. If the torpedo had hit:

1. Colonel Akaga would probably be severely wounded or killed since he was inside the vehicle...

2. Des Voh's "Twitch" would be dead, period. He doesn't have armor on and the shrapnel would turn him into sausage.

3. Sayla-girl's Kara Aryss would be injured by the explosion and shrapnel from the vehicle detonating.

So Jaden Ordo would have single handedly removed three PCs from play. Become a hero, and ended the RP by killing the remaining leadership of the Imperial Occupation force.

Shooting it out of the air was the easiest way of preventing that from happening without a truly twinked response. The only other option I'd considered was having the missile fail to arm and just smack against the side of the Hoverscout, but that just seems downright... stupid.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:12 am
Yeah yeah. Suspension of Realism.
You'd have argued too if it were one of your men getting the rub.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:29 am
Hell... we let Groz get away with using a PLX-2M inside a building. Most of the time doing that is fatal to the user (Backblast + Target Fragmentation in an enclosed space is not a good thing).

Plus not being knocked out by three stun grenades... I think I've cut him enough slack on realism to counter-act me shooting a missile out of the air to save the rp. He either needs to run or give up. Not hide behind a crate (That's a big crate to hide Wookiee) and wait for us to step out of cover. He keeps that up and I'll tell EK to send Hildegard down the opposite side of the alleyway.

Then I'll have Eiko's torpedo immolate Hildegard. cool  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:42 pm
Cale, thank you but I'm going to end the arguement. I should have been able to post more back when it counted so I wouldn't have been trapped. That's my fault. I underestimated their alert readiness after the attack, my fault again. Everything else has just been me trying to salvage what was left. Now I've lost all my men to either death or stun grenades. So I'm going to run and if they take me out then it's my fault for not being more assertive with my posting.  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm
Sa'right man.
Just dont let 'em find your vehicle.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:31 pm
Where's EK...

Hildegard is about to go BOOM  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:44 pm
Going to need to get DA and Nelo back in this.
In addition, certain people are getting kicked out of the RP.
I cant stand no shows.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:10 pm
I've wanted to do something but until the Imps put bounties up or something similar, I got nothing to do other than just post random crap with Bolba just for the sake of posting. I'm waiting for this whole assassination incident to get into the next stage of things so maybe I can have some involvement.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:22 am
Sorry EK, but redo your post. Hildegard is dead, with only two seconds of warning there is no way he could escape the blast radius.

Plus... We've got a replacement CO for the Recon Company lined up.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:27 am
Hey, since we're nearing the end of this chapter, should we just sumarize the aftermath of the Assasination or do we want to RP it out?  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:44 am
I just want to see how everyone handles the people dancing in the streets.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games