Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:07 pm
LOL Thanks for appreciating my creativity. I think it looks bad a** and criminal like. I was going to put a wicked grimace, too razz

Speaking of armor; I got my groin plate template down. All I have left is shin guards, back plate and gauntlets. Knee pads are going to be sweet, I'll put up a picture soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:17 pm
See, though, that's the thing. In my opinion, it makes you look like you're trying to attract attention. It's like painting a big red arrogant kick me sign on you, asking for trouble, rather than ending it.

Partly because I don't see mandos as criminal at all. I cant really think of any big time criminal activities they do. Bounty Hunting, the most well known profession of theirs, is a legal activity. Fighting as mercinaries is also legal. It's not like they're bustin gthrough store windows and stealing tvs like the swoop gangs. That's just how I see it though.

interesting concept, but poor execution if I had to judge.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:19 pm
Yup. I have mixed stories; major criminal, major mercenary, blah blah. I've modified the paint idea to a simple red stripe. It starts on the gut plate and goes up, even on the helmet. How's that? It's like a clone trooper.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:24 pm
You do realize that while I willingly admit to the awesomeness that is stormies and clones, that I'm not really into them much, right? I'm a spec-ops kind of guy, and while i know about the arcs, the commandos, the blackhole and whatnot, I'm actually far more interested into things such as the infiltrators, or the defilers.

So, chances are I'm not going to care, and at best, point out that you should consider what your brothers will be thinking of you. Afterall, because you're a mando, you'll be seen as a representative of your culture. And if the bretheren mandos think you aren't up to par, then what is a jedi like me going to say to convince them otherwise?

Honestly, I think it'll probably fit more in line with the soldier-esque view i maintain of the mandos. But that is, once again, my opinion as a non-mando person.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:58 pm
This whole thing with MW's armor has inspired me to make a comic. Ill post it when it's done.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:13 pm
No, not exactly like the clone troopers stripe. That's just one. There's going to be at least 2 more. What will my brothers think? lol They'll say "nice paint job." Seriously, I picked the colors right. Black; justice. I want things in their right place, and I honestly wish I could do all these things to uphold it. Red; honoring my father. Brought me up as the man I am today, and in real life, I would do far more for my father than he would for me. I'd go to hell and back for him. I was thinking about green; duty. Because I want to serve and be remembered as the man who fought across the galaxy for his people, and I will someday in my life serve in the Core.

Edit: if my brothers don't think I'm up to par, that last thing I'll be is dar'Manda. If I don't portray the ideal Mandalorian; like one who works as a banker, I'll never give anyone the satisfaction of seeing me lose my heritage. Not even Mandalore himself.

I never knew you were the spec ops kind of guy. I like the infantry, artillery, front line killers. I like the idea of being known as the poor bastards going out in the field dying for a good cause and being one of the men manning a big a** gun helping out my boys just as much as I do special operations.

I don't know whether to thank you, or to ponder about that, Missing rofl.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:19 pm
infantry at least are known for being the poor bastards who die. Nobody honors the spec ops guys for their death. Afterall, it was just a suicide mission to begin with, right? Their day job would get any infantryman a medal and a trip home...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:31 pm
I meant that part for men on the front lines. Like looking for mines, scouting.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:34 pm
and again, my point stands.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:40 pm
I tend to lean towards scouting, sniper cover, that sort of thing. Flanking.

However, my favorite is heavy weaponry/heavy armor. To be a mini-tank...in a huge shell of armor with something like a rotary cannon or flame thrower.  

Rendin Verta

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:40 pm
I think we misunderstand each other. I hear a lot, and I mean it, people saying "those poor bastards." They don't mean it in a negative way at all, just how it's said. Maybe it's just Jersey and New York where I hear it. But, how many people would want to search for mines and big bad guys with big bad tanks? I'll switch for spec ops any day.

And, my current record for devouring steak is one minute. I <3 steak + Coke.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:49 pm
Uh, I'd rather be safe with the infantry, where at least I have other infantry men providing covering fire, shooting artillery, and perhaps even be in a tank, rather than hiking 20 miles in a ghillie suit to an extraction point behind enemy lines which the helicopter jockey is going to be twenty hours late while every dumbnut infantryman is hunting my butt down.

And while they don't do that any more really, I don't think you really quite get just how bad those jobs are. Not a single person I've ever met in the seals, sniper corps, whatever, will tell you they liked getting shot at, or that they wanted to be scared shitless each time they picked up their rifle. When you see them tremble when they tell you their stories, maybe you'll get the idea of just how bad life sucks in war.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:03 pm
Ah.

If you asked me that a few months ago, I would say sign me up. I lost all hope in my future and wanted to be mistreated in the military. I kinda do now. Ask Carth and a few of my friends; I get hyped to the point where I ask people to hit me. Feels good, to be honest. At one point, I was willing to brand "Warfare" on my face or something. I'm gettin' there again.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:07 pm
Well here it is and I just got a Deviantart accout  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:08 pm
*sigh* oh good. a sadist. Just what the rest of the squad needs. Someone who wants to get killed. i'm going to go play wow now.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games