Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:37 pm
elvisnake
Mandalore Warrior
Anyone feeling bad a** enough for my super secret super bad a** Black Op prologue for my super kick a** zombie RP? I need people like Cale and Nelo and others with interest of military/zombie based stuff.
im difinitely thinking about it. I just got done reading World War z. I'm on a bit of a zombie kick lately. How do your zombies work anyway? Your standard, slow, only-way-to-kill-them-is-to-destroy-the-brain kind? Or something different?

Negative. Dawn of the Dead type zeds. Quick running fierce bastards. Enough rounds in the chest, however, should put them down. It's the brain and spinal cord.

This RP will turn the world inside out. Politically and figuratively.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:47 pm
Zombies really shouldnt run, but as times change I guess it's time to accept the running zombie.  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:49 pm
Darkened Angel
I'm about due for a new machine, and its age doesn't matter for viruses. I keep an up-to-date virus protection system and spysweeper, etc. on at all times.

What virus protection software do you use?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:59 pm
I use Norton.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:09 pm
Missing nin Itachi
Zombies really shouldnt run, but as times change I guess it's time to accept the running zombie.

I liked them in DotD. They were more of a challenge, more vicious and a lot scarier. And because we're an elite squad, we'll be able to shoot a whole mob of them down within a few seconds, while only moving back a few feet. A bit later in the thread, I'm gonna flash back training.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:39 pm
Personally, I think zombie stuff is over-done.

Other than the hero wins in the end, that's one of the longest, most used cliche's, etc.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:53 am
The idea of a running zombie is kind of annoying, because the concept of the zombie is the use of dead reanimation. the amount of bioelectrical energy in their bodies could create a quick reaction, but it would have to be more akin to that of an animal, running along all fours, than some sprinting Jason X figure. If they're so braindead to where they only rely on primal functions to begin with, then they probably aren't going to utilize the intelligence to coordinate their walking. Even if the lower brain is the source of primal functions, it doens't mean it'll know to stand perfectly upright and the like.

Ergo, you get more like a ghoulish gait if you must run, and those better be rather fresh corpses. Dead more than six hours? better be snapping ligaments and tendons due to rigamortis in the slow gait o' doom. That's just my opinion based on biological morphisms, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:02 am
Neurogenesis FTL. Thanks to science, we're all dead. xp  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:03 am
Imagine the Death Note in the hands of someone who could see what anyone is doing, anywhere.

http://www.vgcats.com/anime/?strip_id=7  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:40 am
yo  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:14 am
Nelowulf
The idea of a running zombie is kind of annoying, because the concept of the zombie is the use of dead reanimation. the amount of bioelectrical energy in their bodies could create a quick reaction, but it would have to be more akin to that of an animal, running along all fours, than some sprinting Jason X figure. If they're so braindead to where they only rely on primal functions to begin with, then they probably aren't going to utilize the intelligence to coordinate their walking. Even if the lower brain is the source of primal functions, it doens't mean it'll know to stand perfectly upright and the like.

Ergo, you get more like a ghoulish gait if you must run, and those better be rather fresh corpses. Dead more than six hours? better be snapping ligaments and tendons due to rigamortis in the slow gait o' doom. That's just my opinion based on biological morphisms, though.

Well, complain to the makers of Dawn of the Dead. Plus, we've never actually had an actual zombie. There really is no such thing. But, they're supposed to have super hearing, great night hunting skills, strength, but they're not so smart. So? Why not get creative with it? DotD did a great job with the zombies, it proves to be more of a challenge. It gets boring knowing there's a guy who walks slow, chomping his teeth with his arms out, vs, the quick running freak with blood his mouth and torn off arms. They will eventually slow down and change in the course of the RP.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:59 am
Either way, it sounds fun. Running Zombies are indeed scarier, that's for sure.  

elvisnake

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:11 am
Mandalore Warrior
Nelowulf

Well, complain to the makers of Dawn of the Dead. Plus, we've never actually had an actual zombie. There really is no such thing. But, they're supposed to have super hearing, great night hunting skills, strength, but they're not so smart. So? Why not get creative with it? DotD did a great job with the zombies, it proves to be more of a challenge. It gets boring knowing there's a guy who walks slow, chomping his teeth with his arms out, vs, the quick running freak with blood his mouth and torn off arms. They will eventually slow down and change in the course of the RP.

Sure one slow zombie is nothing, but how about an entire mob of slowly advancing dead flesh that only want to eat you? Like in the original DotD.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:20 am
What about an entire mob of quick moving zombies, that want you and the rest of your squad? Gotta think quick, right?  

Valkore Fraust

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:16 pm
but you'l be surprised how fast a slow mob can surround you.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games