Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:42 pm
Quicker ones would surround quicker. Because.. they're fast?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:25 pm
And slow mobs are easier to underestimate, making them all the scarier. I'm just saying that I'd rather stick to a more believable kind of zombie. That's why Resident evil is personally the class I enjoy. Those things are ******** scary as hell. Sure they're slow, but just a simple scratch, and you're dead. a single drop of blood. dead. 28 days later is also realistic. stuff like that is far more scary in real life because it's not the big gaping woundns or the bites you worry about, but the simple act of touching them.

Plus, fast moving zombies don't do something called 'sneak'. They trip over things, are noisy, etcetera. You can get some alert to them coming. A slow advancing zombie can sneak up on ou whne you're snoozing or reading something on a computer or something and distracted.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:14 pm
Its always the relentlessly slow, shambling mobs that are scariest.
Because they're not running at you. They're walking. And no matter how far you run, they will tirelessly pursue you, shambling ever closer, even in your sleep. And in a horde, the slow, easy pace of their walking almost symbolizes youreventual doom, no matterhow many you mow down.
Its all head games.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:25 pm
That's why you arm yourself with a scoped rifle, Several dozen KGs of ammo , and climb up to a roof that's only ladder accessible, then pick off as many as you can. mwahaha.  

Rendin Verta

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:46 pm
Hey guys, just stopping by to see how everyone's holding up before I get a little sleep. And also to be aware of the Pink Ball of Gluttony. And Missing if you're around I'd like to try and Brawl you tonight. I'm going to set my alarm for Midnight central. Same for anyone else that has a Nintendo Wii and SSBB. Let me know missing.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:35 pm
Carthson Blikk
That's why you arm yourself with a scoped rifle, Several dozen KGs of ammo , and climb up to a roof that's only ladder accessible, then pick off as many as you can. mwahaha.

And then you realize that ever after all that ammo, you still didn't kill them all, and your food is running low. Slow hordes win every game of attrition.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Rendin Verta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:46 pm
meh.Or travel in a group of military veterans and go from place to place gathering a small army and tons of supplies. mwahaha,  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:50 pm
Nelowulf
And slow mobs are easier to underestimate, making them all the scarier. I'm just saying that I'd rather stick to a more believable kind of zombie. That's why Resident evil is personally the class I enjoy. Those things are ******** scary as hell. Sure they're slow, but just a simple scratch, and you're dead. a single drop of blood. dead. 28 days later is also realistic. stuff like that is far more scary in real life because it's not the big gaping woundns or the bites you worry about, but the simple act of touching them.

Plus, fast moving zombies don't do something called 'sneak'. They trip over things, are noisy, etcetera. You can get some alert to them coming. A slow advancing zombie can sneak up on ou whne you're snoozing or reading something on a computer or something and distracted.

They were fast in 28 days later as well. They were the most vicious in that movie.

I'd be a LOT more terrified of a zombie that sprints at me, rather then a few walking towards me. You can escape a mob with simple car, but, running from ones like in 28 days later isn't exactly the easiest. And we haven't gotten into details on how the infection works. I like DotD, but 28 days (Weeks ftw) was better.

And who says you have to sit still? If he's pumped with ammunition, blowing rounds and clearing a away, I'm sure staying put is the last option. In survival, your best chance is to keep moving. Slow hordes can lose with at good amount of beautiful explosives. Period.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:55 pm
Hell, it's not scary if something chases after you at full speed. You're expecting it to be able to catch you. The walkers are just never going to stop though. Even a zombie who runs gets tired though. It's inevitable for them. they slow down, they trip, they fall, they rest and get tired due to the human body being incapable of handling the stress.

A sprinter is taken down easier than any walker, that's all there is to it. They just aren't scary, because they are no different than shooting a human. They are more shocking, yes. But scary? Pfft. they're about as scary as any form of infantry chasing after me guns blazing.

I just can't be scared of something that's human. And a running zombie? totally human.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:06 pm
Really? If a full grown man with blood pouring from his mouth chased you down the street, you wouldn't be scared? You would just waltz up to him and strike him. Because, after all, he's totally human.

A sprinter is taken down easier. Right. Because they're sprinting at at you, you've got a weapon that's at the least 3 to 10 pounds is easy to shoot in the head. I enjoy firearms, hell I'd even say I've got a good shot without my glasses on for my age, but I don't think I could shoot a full speed man running towards me. Yup, sprinting zombies are the equivalent of armed infantry units.

And I bet if a big man with a small knife approached you and asked for a kidney donation, you would be terrified. We're not all Judge Dread, Nelo.  

Valkore Fraust

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:09 pm
Sidestept the charge and then slam your elbow into the back of the guy's head or trip him and then finish him while he's prone.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:12 pm
Really now, Sayla? The back of the head, and your elbow, is the LAST thing you should hit/hit with. The back of the head is quite strong, and if you miss, you nailed your funny bone with the back of a monstrous zombies head. He'll simply get back up and attack you. So how would you finish the target while prone? Spawn a gun with level 4 damage and remove his brains from his skull? Breaking the neck wouldn't work, it's a blow to the head.  

Valkore Fraust

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:17 pm
Fine then.
Bat to the back of the head or whatever blunt instrument you have on hand.
Regardless, the creature running at you can have its own inertia work against it.
But if a shambling creature is coming at you, the sidestep and smack wont work because the creature will have plent of time to react and then attack you.

Face it: shambling ghouls are scarrier than running ghouls.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:21 pm
not to mention running zombies look like looters in riots. Doesn't seem that scary. The slow ones, usually en masse, look like (and are) a gigantic wave of death. Also, a lone zombie just slowly moving towards you is scarier than one running to tackle you....it just is. Like..are you more afraid of someone running towards you? or the silhouette of a guy just slowly advancing towards you.  

Rendin Verta

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:23 pm
*sigh*

Knives are only scary when you don't know how to handle them. Most people are inept at fighting with them, almost always starting with a stabbing thrust. You just grab the extended arm, and work the magic from there. Butterfly knives doubly so. If you have the reflexes, just knock it out of their hands on the half spin. few people can actually hold onto their knife.

Or, in the preferred world, pull the pistol. Again, knives aren't scary. Been there, done that.

And the point is fear here. Not shock. Fear has nothign to do with adrenaline. Sure, a running zombie is more shocking, but it's far less scarier, because after that initial burst of adrenaline, you're already set to deal with him. The slow ones are scary. they dont' get your adrenaline pumping, so you aren't prepared to deal with things until it gets really beyond control.

Face it MW, you're the only one scared of a high speed target.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games