Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:35 am
Probably overclocks with a motherboard and cpu-fan not designed for it then. You really have to know your stuff to over-clock.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:03 am
Yeah, she likes making Frankenputers or some crap. Okay, yeah, it works, but you can't just throw 10 different types of hardware together and expect it to last if there's compatibility issues.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:30 am
Overclocking in and of itself will put more wear on the processor, motherboard, and Video cards because you're running at a faster speed than that product was safely tested at. That's not to say that it won't last, it just won't last as long. Plus if you do overclock your PC, you had better make sure that everything is staying cool.  
Cale Darksun rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:01 am
never been that much of a comp nerd that I needed to overclock anything.  

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

elvisnake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:09 am
same here. I've always been ok with the way my computers have run.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:07 am
mew
heart  

K-Blade

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:15 am
Well you know me. I love to play my games in the highest settings I can get. They need to look pretty.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:34 am
Hey guys, hey Ral nice game a few days back  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:42 am
Frankenputers ftw. I've never had any problems with things once I've tinkered with a graphics processor here, or a bit of ram there. My laptop can run pretty mcuh anything effortlessly and it barely hit 2k once i got finished with the parts. and it's going on six years old now...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:24 pm
stellarmagic
Mandalore Warrior
It's definitely worth it. And that's called value. The only way you'd have an extra 3 grand is if you customize it with NY Yankee steroids. You can buy a really good one with good gaming capabilities for 1 grand. The extra "3k" is most likely your optional things. I looked into one before, customized a laptop and it came out to 5. But I got the best components, plus a whole deal of customization.

Or take that 3k, buy the parts and assemble it yourself. If you gave me the amount of money it takes to buy an alienware, I'd show up with a machine that could blow it out of the water. I bet my 1k machine could beat that alienware senseless...

Plus all Dell, Alienware, HP, and Gateway do is assemble the parts, if you know what to buy... go to Newegg and cut out the middle man.

I'm sure you could.

But I don't think anyone will buy all the parts and put their own computer together. The reason they add price, over what THEY pay for a single computer is called value. All together, those things in raw material isn't as much as it would cost if you bought it off the shelf. Make a toy car with 2 dollars worth of wood, sell it for 5.  

Valkore Fraust

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:51 pm
1) Never ever buy a Gateway. They only sell pieces of crap that last for half a year.
2) Dell is not a bad option, but both Dell and HP tend cut short the amount of RAM they put in to cut costs. Their cases are also cramped and a pain in the a** to mess with.
3) My suggestion would be to see if you can find a computer store that will custom build it for you if you can't do it yourself.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:56 pm
Also looking forward to Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

elvisnake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:27 pm
Ral Roke
1) Never ever buy a Gateway. They only sell pieces of crap that last for half a year.
2) Dell is not a bad option, but both Dell and HP tend cut short the amount of RAM they put in to cut costs. Their cases are also cramped and a pain in the a** to mess with.
3) My suggestion would be to see if you can find a computer store that will custom build it for you if you can't do it yourself.
My HP has been running very well for me so far. As long as it can play Oblivion, I'm fine, and my laptop can, while it's a little laggy sometimes.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:33 pm
just bought left 4 dead. Let's see what it's like biggrin  

Rendin Verta

elvisnake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:18 pm
you'll have to let me know. that game looks awesome.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games