Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:34 am
Bro sets my systems up. He likes to tinker with stuff and that's partly why.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:41 am
*sigh* CPUs aren't terrilby difficult to put together. Just got to take the time to learn about it.

Then there are people who just do insane things, like shove a gajillion LED lights everywhere. I think that's why macs aren't that interesting to me, because they're processing just isn't as flexible, and are more for show than for performance...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:44 am
Actually if you buy a motherboard, you get an instruction manual showing how to put it all together.

The only difficulty is making sure the parts are compatible, but thats mostly just looking up socket numbers and making sure they're the same.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:56 am
You read the manual? What's the fun in that?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:57 am
Actually its about 3 pages made up of just pictures. No reading involved. Part A goes here, Part B goes here... etc.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:59 am
Bro's that way with games. Never takes the time to learn the controls, then complains mid-game because he can't figure out how to get past a certain point.

I actually read the manual before even starting it up the 1st time, unless it's a big install, I read through it while I'm waiting on that, etc.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:04 am
Actually, that was an attempt at humor. As proven time and time again, i stink at telling a joke.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:34 am
" Knock knock. "

" Come in. "

" You b*****d. "  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:19 am
Actually I bet I could build a computer for cheaper than 3k that will out perform an alienware. However, really in order to keep you PC up to date, if you're a dedicated PC gamer, is to upgrade your parts about every six months. For example, right now I'm waiting till the next year to buy a new motherboard and processor.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:04 am
Motherboards haven't changed much since I got mine, but Boyle's law is still at work in processors. Though I've found its most economical to simply buy the 6 month old processors since their price has fallen since release by 60-80%. But for really increasing performance, upping RAM is just as effective and a lot cheaper.

Aside from the processors, the most expensive part of a computer is the Video Card, occasionally they cost more then any other part. My DX10 compliant card was more expensive then the processor when I bought it, but its already having trouble with some of the newest games.  

stellarmagic

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 am
hey guys what's up?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:20 am
not much. How about you?  

elvisnake

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:48 am
Im doing good, got the new XBLE and it's cool. Avatars FTW  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:24 am
stellarmagic
Motherboards haven't changed much since I got mine, but Boyle's law is still at work in processors. Though I've found its most economical to simply buy the 6 month old processors since their price has fallen since release by 60-80%. But for really increasing performance, upping RAM is just as effective and a lot cheaper.

Aside from the processors, the most expensive part of a computer is the Video Card, occasionally they cost more then any other part. My DX10 compliant card was more expensive then the processor when I bought it, but its already having trouble with some of the newest games.
I'm also getting a new quad core processor with the motherboard, and I need one more compatible with my vid cards. Because I screwed on when I got my current motherboard.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

K-Blade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:06 am
mew 4laugh

The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games