Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:15 pm
Wow Mando. Using the word stupid? Aren't you just the coolest kid on the block.

Now, I could say I know many may people, but since we can't prove that (Nor could we prove your response of the same or greater) why don't we just drop it, hm?

Your logic is flawed. If you upgrade a PC it still costs more than a custom rig.

Interestingly enough a Custom Rig is cheaper, easier to upgrade, more aesthetically pleasing, and not only that you have the satisfaction of having built something yourself.

Also as to your upgrading point. By Christmas I'll have a equivalent to, and in some ways superior to an ALX X58 at nearly half the cost. That includes my whole machine, not just upgrades.

So you can say what you will about custom built machines, All I can say is that I have an excellent machine for a fraction of the cost of store or company bought one.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:39 pm
I think we've beat the CPU debate to death now. Yes, it is a fact that building your own cpu will cost far less than buying one of similar caliber, because you're doing the assembly, not some wage slave in a factory. Yes, some people are lazy, and yes, Alienware is a computer compnay which builds great gaming computers that kind of stink when it comes to other projects, and yes, I know that is true, because I've used quite a few before.

Now, since we all understand and agree to that, (and yes, you do) I am going to ask that we drop the subject before you guys start getting into something which you don't want me to break up. If you want to compare your tampons, do it over PMs.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:59 pm
Nelo: heart I honestly chukled when I read that, even if it was at my expense. Well said sir. Consider it dropped.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:59 pm
PaulTheWolf5575
Wow Mando. Using the word stupid? Aren't you just the coolest kid on the block.

Now, I could say I know many may people, but since we can't prove that (Nor could we prove your response of the same or greater) why don't we just drop it, hm?

Your logic is flawed. If you upgrade a PC it still costs more than a custom rig.

Interestingly enough a Custom Rig is cheaper, easier to upgrade, more aesthetically pleasing, and not only that you have the satisfaction of having built something yourself.

Also as to your upgrading point. By Christmas I'll have a equivalent to, and in some ways superior to an ALX X58 at nearly half the cost. That includes my whole machine, not just upgrades.

So you can say what you will about custom built machines, All I can say is that I have an excellent machine for a fraction of the cost of store or company bought one.

Coolest kid on the block? That's a great response, considering that makes no one cool in any way possible. It's a freakin word.

My logic is flawed, huh? Tell me. Would you have a warranty on your excellent machine? Where was I comparing prices between custom and bought PC's? It wasn't in that paragraph. I don't care about prices. I don't care about as computers as much you seem to, either.

There's nothing to break up Nelo, there never is. He hasn't offended me, I'm pretty sure I haven't offended him. I can't drop things. It's impossible for me.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:00 pm
And yet, you continue to propigate the arguement. How am I not surprized. You continue to try to always get the last word in, and you are making rebuttals which attack another person rather than their debate. You just don't want to drop the discussion, at least by my conjecture, because you actually think that it would concede to a loss. Otherwise, you wouldn't be so stubborn at making this into a big deal. Now I'm going to ask a second time. Drop it, and quit acting like a child. I would appreciate if you don't insult my intelligence by attempting to claim that you're not at any fault.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:19 pm
Yeah, this conversation has been getting really boring and repetitive.  

elvisnake

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:08 pm
Hence why I switched to the subject of wascally wabbits.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:12 pm
So I shut the store down, Galactic Outfitters. between lack of energy and lack of orders, I'm considering doing something else.

Considering that, I might start makin' a guild comic. Depending on how it works, it might be interesting.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:14 pm
Interesting idea. Looking forward to it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:04 pm
That does sound cool  

elvisnake

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:05 pm
Meh, i might post a thread up in OOC just for a bit of starting ideas and materials. never know what people might think.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:15 pm
You could expand on conversations we've had in the cantina, BTW will this be a sprite comic or drawn?  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:37 pm
What do you think? I've been more than vocal on my artistic skills in the past, and what i can and cannot do.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:07 pm
http://terminatorapple.ytmnd.com/

So, the Terminatorsa are Mac-powered. Who knew?

Anyways, they recently overhauled the Faction stuff in Guild Wars. I cashed in a ton of points and went up to rank 4 on Kurzick allegiance because of it. Not too bad, IMO.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:17 pm
Nelowulf
What do you think? I've been more than vocal on my artistic skills in the past, and what i can and cannot do.

It was just a question...  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games