Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:39 pm
Cale Darksun
The Great War. Could they think of no better name?

It's a direct reference to World War I.
Before II came along, that's what it was commonly known as.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:55 pm
moo  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:04 pm
Aurin_Starkiller
Cale Darksun

We understand that, it's just annoying that lucas couldn't be more creative though. it's like slapping a well known idea just to summarize things out of laziness.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:02 pm
So, um...

* tick tick tick BOOM! * mrgreen  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:27 pm
Guild quiet...Very quiet  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:34 pm
I sense a disturbance in the Force...

No wait, that's just gas.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:28 am
I want a doll, with laser guns and action missiles...

It'll go great with the light bridge sytem the lab has now.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:30 am
Aurin_Starkiller
Cale Darksun

I'm a student of WWI. I know what they used to call it. But when the Sith show up out of the blue, beat your asses off most of your outer rim holdings, plunder Coruscant and force you to sign a treaty acknowledging their territorial gains, thats not a "Great War". Thats a Sith War. Great War implies the casualties were mutually horrific on a scale like none has ever seen before, but from what I've read, the Sith suffered no such casualties. It was an entirely lopsided event where the Republic got its a** kicked.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:54 pm
Nelowulf
Leet because he's a mandalorian, or leet because we're going to see very little of him because he's training to be a worhtwhile bounty hunter?

..... Because he's Boba Fett. Do you honestly think I think everything Mandalorian is win? And, no, we're not going to see very little of him. 1) That's not ensured, because the show didn't even come out yet and 2) there was a lot of questions and fans wanting to see Fett in action. So, Lucas isn't going to show him being trained for a whole damn series.

Yeah it most likely IS going to be PG-13, since Disney wants broadcasting rights. Bad a** Mando... doing bad a** things? That what you think I'm in it for? You think I'm expecting a Doom like show? Comical and Low keyed featuring of Boba Fett? Wow, I really don't know what to say.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:17 pm
I think you said what you wanted to say, otherwise you'd have just ignored it.

Everyone's been demanding fett on screen for years, and more information about him has dribbled out. Each time he's been shown, it's been less than enjoyable too. I doubt that lucas would really suddenly start changing his entire pattern and being intelligent though.

Even you have to admit that's far fetched. I expect that anything which fett is a part of, won't involve anything with Jaster at all, and once again, start re-writing things in the past for 'canonical reasons'.

I love the fettman, but i'm not the kind of person to be optimistic that his 6th? 7th? appearance in a medium outside of a book is going to be very helpful. Call it what you want, MW, but try to at least understand why i have my doubts that lucas will do anything besides make him into nothing more than a character that makes people watch for the character. To me, I have a bad feeling that one major reason why they'd even let fett into the show is to attract fandalorians who'll sell their honor for the sake of saying "Wow! LEET! Let me go dress up and we can haz mando adventures together!"

Take what you want from it, MW. I just dont' trust lucas any farther than i could throw his bum a**. For once, I'd like to be proven wrong though.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:25 pm
Well, I have faith in him. Hopefully the amount of disappointed fans will help him understand to do better. Ruining Fett's image is pretty stupid considering all the great novels of him.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:01 pm
Tell that to the animated movies. stare  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:08 pm
In many ways it does appear that Lucas is jealous of the people that kept the popularity of Star Wars going over the years. His moves in recent years tend to reflect this. It also doesn't help that they're are some high expectations, though not unattainable by no means.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:11 pm
Nelowulf
Tell that to the animated movies. stare

I don't even wanna think about those tragedies.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:26 pm
Tough sith. You'll just have to stare into the idiocy like the rest of us, impotent and unable to save the Galaxy far far away from the mad designs of its once benevolent creator.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games