Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:02 am
Capt Buckner CTO
So I have about 280 in the bank, plus 210 in cash right now. And I'm getting 300 something every week for this month. I'm definitely getting an actual rifle, even if its only a Mosin. Most likely going to get an SKS though.

On a side note, I saw a local store listing a Russian SKS at $800 gonk
I might be wrong, but I think a Russian-made SKS is actually worth that. But my dad's got a Chicom Type 56 Carbine, and even though I haven't shot it much, it's been a wonderful rifle to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:26 pm
pics of the argentine

User Image
User Image

and no, now isnt the time to start that glock vs 1911 BS xd

@Fres. russian SKS rifles are anywhere from 200 to 600. all depends on condition and the level of price gouging. on today's market a new or good/perfect condition russian SKS is worth around 400. but seriously though its an SKS... when decent AK's are just a tad over 400 how much do you think people are willing to spend before they realize that they are spending too much for one thing when they could be spending their money on something else?  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:55 pm
New addition to the family! Pictures are thumbnailed, as usual.

User Image

User Image

It's an Ultra-Hi reproduction Kentucky Long Rifle in .45 cal., originally sold by Sears. Cost me a hundred bucks flat out the door, and as far as I can tell, most sell in the $175 range, so I got a smoking good deal. It'll be a while before I get a range report, since I'm currently on vacation, and I'll have to get home and buy bullets, powder, and accessories and such before I can shoot it. Also, it's dirty as hell, so I'll have to give it a cleaning. Also needs some Brasso and maybe a refinishing, but that's a project for a later day.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:12 pm
Fresnel

User Image

User Image

It's an Ultra-Hi reproduction Kentucky Long Rifle in .45 cal., originally sold by Sears. Cost me a hundred bucks flat out the door, and as far as I can tell, most sell in the $175 range, so I got a smoking good deal. It'll be a while before I get a range report, since I'm currently on vacation, and I'll have to get home and buy bullets, powder, and accessories and such before I can shoot it. Also, it's dirty as hell, so I'll have to give it a cleaning. Also needs some Brasso and maybe a refinishing, but that's a project for a later day.
I bet the next one you want is a 69 caliber springfield percussion musket mrgreen  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:38 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

User Image

User Image

I bet the next one you want is a 69 caliber springfield percussion musket mrgreen
T/C Hawken, man. Those things are so ******** sexy.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They make those in percussion and flintlock.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:42 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

User Image

User Image

I think I still have a can of percussion caps lying around. idk what the ******** I did with them but if you ever decide to get one and if I can ever find them i'd prolly mail em to you or something.

I dont do re-enactments anymore so i dont need em  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:24 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

User Image

User Image

I think I still have a can of percussion caps lying around. idk what the ******** I did with them but if you ever decide to get one and if I can ever find them i'd prolly mail em to you or something.

I dont do re-enactments anymore so i dont need em
It'll be a while. Those T/C Hawkens are ******** expensive. $700 for the rifle, $300 for the kit, if memory serves me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:20 am
Fresnel

User Image

User Image

My uncle owns a percussion rifle and the double set triggers don't work.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:04 am
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel

The internals of a muzzleloader are so damn simple, you could probably crack it open and figure out what's wrong in under five minutes. I kind of wish this thing had a set trigger, but for the price, I won't argue.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:28 pm
Got a Russian SKS! Paid $560, and I'll have it next Tuesday. ******** California.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:42 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel

The internals of a muzzleloader are so damn simple, you could probably crack it open and figure out what's wrong in under five minutes. I kind of wish this thing had a set trigger, but for the price, I won't argue.
I have discovered that my car has a trigger like breaking a glass rod. A glass rod that's three feet thick. ******** twenty, twenty-five pounds, easy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:11 pm
Capt Buckner CTO
Got a Russian SKS! Paid $560, and I'll have it next Tuesday. ******** California.
eek

im having difficulty processing this....  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:08 pm
http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz147/dasrabblerouser/guns/Enfield1.jpg
http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz147/dasrabblerouser/guns/Enfield2.jpg

I got my rifle yesterday. There's a lot of chips and scratches in the stock so I'm thinking of sanding it down and refinishing it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:41 pm
DAT SKS
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250