Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:29 am
ChaosTheories

Let me see... The only perma anything I have seen is perma adol, but if you look in the God power thread you can see that the God of Youth is able to "curse" a SoA to stop growing in any stage. However, I don't know if that player is active and able to help with such a curse.

I have seen Gods customed as perma adols, and I think they cost the same as a regular adult. I don't know about regular customs.

For alt lines it depends on the colourist and on when you ask. Some colourists will finish all stages before sending out the litter, and in that case you can't ask them to change it later. For your own litters you can request what line set you want the cubs to end up as. You can't pick and mix for each and every cub, but it's possible to say that males grow to regular and females grow to alt, for example.

It's possible to ask for alternative lines for litter customs. In that case all cubs would grow up on the same line set, but the adult version could be different for some of the cubs. This would be something to write in the breeding form or custom form.

Some colourists have conversion threads (Look in this forum: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=155691) where you can request that your SoA is re-coloured on alt lines (or that they grow to the alt lines if they haven't finished growing yet). Post there if your colourist has one. If they don't you either need to find a conversion thread where a colourist offers to convert SoA they haven't coloured OR to wait for an opportunity to try to win a custom of your SoA on your desired lineset.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:38 am
So only gods can be customed as permas, or something? I'm very confused.

xD And for my cub... I want her to grow on the non-alt lines, haha. She's a leopard and her mother is an alt and her father is a rogue, so I am assuming she'd grow to alt. But the alt is too grumpy for my cub's personality! I'll have to take a look around, but I haven't seen any conversion threads yet. I already have an alt leopard too, but no regular leopards. Haha.

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:59 am
No, I didn't say that. I said that I don't know if you can custom regular SoA as permas. If you want the official shop answer it's probably better to PM the relevant mule. Or you could wait to see if a staff member stops by and answers that part.

Well, who coloured your cub? If that colourist doesn't offer conversions you can try to custom your cub on the lines you want when she grows.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:29 pm
You can ICly have a perma-adol if you only rp them that way, or if you have a god curse them. I've seen colorists not color an adult stage if you provide them with an rp link of the curse, but I think some of the colorists do the adult stages before juve or adol to prevent backlog.  

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:39 pm
Thanks for the help, guys!

Instead of a perma I've decided to get a growing cub instead. Less confusion. xD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:58 pm
Ok so I hate to ask such a stupid question but I am doing this on the fly. I am wondering how do I get started with getting a kitty cat?  

Saphinxia

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:02 pm
Saphinxia
Ok so I hate to ask such a stupid question but I am doing this on the fly. I am wondering how do I get started with getting a kitty cat?

Read the front page. You can also check out the forum marked "events" for player run giveaways. The forum marked "Breeding/customs" is also a good one to check out. There are usually lots of breedings in february and sometimes the owners offer the opportunity to "custom in". That means that you get the chance to design a custom cub/pup/baby and if the owners of the parents like your concept you get to buy that custom.

It's also a good idea to pop into the main thread and say hi. If you stick around and chat you'll usually end up with a SoA sooner or later...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:04 pm
Annchen

SoA? Aslo where is the main thread?  

Saphinxia

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:40 pm
Saphinxia
Annchen

SoA? Aslo where is the main thread?

SoA = shadows of africa.
Main thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets/shadows-of-africa-looking-for-a-god-colorist/t.5533195/

While you're there it might be good to read up on breedable and changing pets too. There are a couple of stickies in the main forum.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:43 pm
I have a question about locating a colorist of a colored pet, so that I know who to send it to for certing. ^^;

I have a Klipspringer that I won during a sort of starry themed event back in 2012, but I had forgotten to send it in for certing. So thus, I have forgotten the colorist for it as well. I can't send it into the misc certing thread because I don't believe it was colored by any of those people, so I'm kind of stuck at the moment.. especially since I'd like to bond the familiar to a new cub of mine (Blue Chalk is going to get it certed since I won it from them).

Is there a way anyone is able to figure out who the colorist is, as well as how to link familiars to cubs? *Is still a n00b to SoA so is unsure*  

Sapphire-Cyanide

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:31 am
Sapphire-Cyanide
I have a question about locating a colorist of a colored pet, so that I know who to send it to for certing. ^^;

I have a Klipspringer that I won during a sort of starry themed event back in 2012, but I had forgotten to send it in for certing. So thus, I have forgotten the colorist for it as well. I can't send it into the misc certing thread because I don't believe it was colored by any of those people, so I'm kind of stuck at the moment.. especially since I'd like to bond the familiar to a new cub of mine (Blue Chalk is going to get it certed since I won it from them).

Is there a way anyone is able to figure out who the colorist is, as well as how to link familiars to cubs? *Is still a n00b to SoA so is unsure*

Image Request Thread! While it's technically for finding lost images, many people use it to find their colorist, too. As far as getting a familiar linked to an SoA of yours, just get the cub recerted with the familiar's information. Most certing threads will have a section on the form for familiars.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:22 am
Okay so I've been poking around SoA. I've always loved the pets but I was intimidated by the hugeness of the shop, but I finally really decided I wanted to try and get some pets here!

So my question comes with "customing in" with breedings. I've read as many threads as I've been able and I"m still not 100% sure the details of this. I'm sorry if any of this seems dumb, I tried my hardest to find answers before I posted here but I missed them somewhere.

- Does every litter have the options of custom cubs?

- When you custom into someone else's litter (via the thread I saw) you have to pay 500k like a normal custom, right?

- I see all this stuff floating around about custom limits, cub limits (like only being able to keep one cub per pet or something?) -- where is this stuff listed? I read the custom threads and stuff but I don't remember seeing limits on customs per month or per cubs kept. @__@

sorry again for being a dumb OTL  

Kiyeena

Noble Hunter

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:39 am
Kiara Adachi
Okay so I've been poking around SoA. I've always loved the pets but I was intimidated by the hugeness of the shop, but I finally really decided I wanted to try and get some pets here!

So my question comes with "customing in" with breedings. I've read as many threads as I've been able and I"m still not 100% sure the details of this. I'm sorry if any of this seems dumb, I tried my hardest to find answers before I posted here but I missed them somewhere.

- Does every litter have the options of custom cubs?

- When you custom into someone else's litter (via the thread I saw) you have to pay 500k like a normal custom, right?

- I see all this stuff floating around about custom limits, cub limits (like only being able to keep one cub per pet or something?) -- where is this stuff listed? I read the custom threads and stuff but I don't remember seeing limits on customs per month or per cubs kept. @__@

sorry again for being a dumb OTL

Hey there and welcome! Let's see how well I can help!

Point 1: While the option is there, not everyone chooses to utilize it. Some people don't want custom-ins for plot reasons, others choose to use the slots themselves or give them to close friends if they're being particularly picky.

Point 2: That's right!

Point 3: The information on custom-in slots for litters is found here under 'Special Terms' -> 'Customs'. That post should also have the rest of the info regarding breedings...if you can't find something by a glance, 'Ctrl+F' is often your friend. And...though I know the limit for normal customs (not customed into a litter using the breeding customs slots) is 1 regular and 1 familiar a month (except during 'Customs Month'), I...cannot seem to find it in the posts. If a staffer wants to fix that, or point out where it is, it'd be much appreciated! <3

Hope that helps, and never hesitate to ask questions! We're generally a friendly lot!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:43 am
Alright, so when a breeding is being done... how do the custom cubs work exactly. Does the colorist wait for you to give them a custom-in image/description, or do they overwrite other babies the colorist makes?

I'm thinking I'm going to try n' get my first SoA through lurking in the "Open Custom Breeding Slots" thread and I just want to make sure I understand completely before ever trying for one! I think that it's awesome and exciting to get a cub that's already got a family since I want to RP whatever I do get.  

Kiyeena

Noble Hunter

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:56 am
Kiara Adachi
Alright, so when a breeding is being done... how do the custom cubs work exactly. Does the colorist wait for you to give them a custom-in image/description, or do they overwrite other babies the colorist makes?

I'm thinking I'm going to try n' get my first SoA through lurking in the "Open Custom Breeding Slots" thread and I just want to make sure I understand completely before ever trying for one! I think that it's awesome and exciting to get a cub that's already got a family since I want to RP whatever I do get.
What happens is the colorist works on the cubs they rolled. While that's going on, generally the parent owners will post if they're accepting custom-ins or not. And there's 24 hours from the point the finished rolled cubs are delivered to post custom-in forms in the colorists thread. So parent-owners usually close 'entries' a couple hours before that deadline so they can decide and (if the new custom-in owner isn't around) post for the 'winners' in the colorist's thread.

And that is definitely a good way to get started! You can also keep an eye out for contests in the Events subforum, or random in-thread giveaways!

.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff