Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:25 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

Fourth Year, Slytherin

Tick, tock, tick, tock. Explosives ringing in his ears, Tay had to hurry, if he wanted to arrive at the Great Hall before the Sorting Ceremony had reached its final conclusive stage. As he surpassed the high arched dungeons maze, spiraling down corridors and flying past fleets of stairways, all in the hopes, that he might find her.

But he hadn’t, as luck should have it, and now? Now, he’s going to be late.

Wand in tow, William snaked past the towering oak doors of the Great Hall, a scarce whisper flittering through the leaves of every perched student without a sound. His eyes roamed heavily, scanning the Gryffindor table first and foremost, always ever-curious to the tidings of the lions’ den. Gliding over the heads of upperclassmen and professor’s alike, his gaze fell frozen on a familiar creature perched at the foot of the Staff Table. A wolfhound, it seemed, held the ever persistent eyes of the predator, tame, yes, but still a beast of carnal retribution akin to instinct.

The simplistic ideals cast in metal and stone were etched upon his features, by flint and chisel. That stony resolution turned upon the professor of Transfiguration, his mentor. But a curious eye couldn’t help but notice the iconic face of familiarity upon the head of the hall. Near the far end of the long table, he spotted mirrored eyes wrought in gold, those of his uncle, Remington Nott.

A curious smile flittered upon the features of the young Duke of Wales, slithering along on air to the far end of the hall where the Slytherin table had resided. Amongst the crowd, he spotted the first years, nearly all of which encompassing the same height as his own, if not, just a bare inch smaller.

The heir to the vast Nott wealth and lineage, Tay donned the iconic eyes of the Nott’s, gold. He stood perhaps a scarce few inches above the five foot, the first sign of growth in at least five years. He was lean, yet robust, a certain rounded quality had found his cheeks, but being of long of limb and broad of shoulder, and sinewy of stance, several aspects seemed quite too large for his short statured frame—such as his broad hands worn and calloused by the years of fencing competitions. The Slytherin serpent and emerald lace trimmed his school robes, but another emblem could be noted, that of the English Bullmastiff, his family sigil.

Gliding forward as he approached the Slytherin Table, he lifted a callous smile upon his lips as he closed in on the vicinity of the table harboring the abundance of its first years. ”Welcome, welcome, to your first year at Hogwarts, I’m William Dante Nott the Third—but, you mates cn call me Tay.” He greeted, boisterous, and regal, with a smile that bled of poison and love. ”I have a wonderful surprise for you, mates.” The smirk that grew on his lips told the tale of an untold hymn.

With a motioning hand, Tay encouraged the young children close, his hand revealing an extendable enchanted velvet coin purse brimming with delights. Reveling in the delight of suspense as he waited to enrapture the attention of those first years around him with the gifts he would begin offering to each.

╔══════════════╗
Mood: Peculiar
╚══════════════╝

User Image
..even heroes know when to be scared.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:04 am
User Image

Eretria sighed. She hated what she was about to do, although she herself felt that it was completely unwarranted. "Perhaps we should start off on a new foot," she stated to Matthew and Payton. "It probably wouldn't do to already be arguing amongst ourselves." She almost had to grit her teeth, since she really shouldn't be the one apologizing for anything. "I apologize for any misconceptions I may have had about you, and hope that we can at least be civil towards one another, if not actually friends." Her father would have probably told her that making enemies this early would have been detrimental to her in the long run, while her mother's words would have been along the lines that she shouldn't be judging people just on the first day.

She was about to say something more when one of the other students walked up. Judging from the dress and carriage, she figured he had to be some sort of noble, as she noted the emblem embroidered upon his robes. She sat back, watching as the teen introduced himself and wondered why the name sounded familiar. She had never met anyone of that name before, and she cocked an eyebrow as he proclaimed to have some sort of surprise for the first years.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Pathological Kisser

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:48 am
User Image

Nodding along as Ronyo spoke, Hildy waved off his apology as he concluded. ”No apology neccesary, I find wands fascinating. I’d love to hear anything that you have to pass on about them” But Ronyo’s eyes were wandering, searching the crowd. She looked around but couldn’t be sure what it was that he was looking at or for. Clearly he wasn’t finding it because he stood and excused himself from the table in the most gentlemanly of fashions. Hildy nodded at his offer solemnly and turned her attention back to the Sorting and the First Years that were gathering and being entertained by none other than Tay Nott.

Hildy still wasn’t sure how she felt about the boy that was slightly her senior. His father had been her Uncle’s partner and one of his good friends. Which also meant that if he was part of the Ministry he was likely one of the one’s that suspected her father of killing her mother. Though Hildy wasn’t sure that she could judge Tay by the merits of his father. Tay seemed…she wasn’t sure. Like there was always something moving under the surface. Like the Black Lake. The surface was flat and still, but she had heard whispers of all it contained. Every once in a while there was the smallest flicker of movement but so fast you could convince yourself that you had imagined it. That was how Tay was. Like now.

Offering gifts of welcome to the First Years seemed quite generous and kind. But there was a crawling suspicion that his expandable bag was more like a snake pit that they were about to stick their hands into. She was considering the scene when she realized that Jessica was next to her, whispering conspiratorially. Hildy was stunned by her assumption that she fancied Ronyo romantically. Hildy’s dark eyes flicked back to the boy as he walked away and turned back to Jessica with a slightly bewildered expression. “Not at all. Just conversation.” In truth Hildy didn’t fancy anyone. She had seen boys that she thought were handsome, but had yet to feel those first pangs of a crush. Quite at odds with her cousin who seemed to have been born with a deep love of all things female. Hildy knew what she wanted in life and she had people that were important to her. But romantic love seemed…foolish almost. After all, she saw the trouble that her mother had from it.

When Jessica questioned her about Belle, Hildy’s face darkened and she shook her head. ”It’s fine. Nothing a talk won’t straighten out. She wasn’t sure if she was trying to convince Jessica or herself. Her eyes flicked back toward Tay and she jerked her chin in his direction, pulling their conversation that way. ”What is he on about, do you think?” She asked Jessica lowly. She wasn’t sure if her companion knew the sandy haired boy any better than she. But there was no denying that the youngest Nott had a hand that he had not yet played yet, faces that he had not shown and a wandering path that seemed unplottable.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:56 pm
❝I wish that you would just leave, cause your presence still lingers here and it won't leave me alone.❞

User Image

║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█

The Sorting Ceremony was going on forever, or so it seemed to the Third Year who couldn't help but think of how much she'd rather be playing Quidditch. Her father was so proud of her, being Captain of the Irish team himself. He brought her along to everything he could and she studied the styles of all the players she saw. However, it did mean that she didn't get much of a chance to see her Ravenclaw siblings. It was odd to be without them. They were triplets and had been together for most of their lives. However, her brother seemed to be slipping away.

Speaking of her brother, she glanced over at the Ravenclaw table to see that Zane was missing from it. Then again, maybe he wasn't. After all, Erianthe was there. He had been getting Erianthe drawn up in whatever it was he was into, if she was there, then there was likely little to worry about.

Turning her attention back to her table, she saw that a few new members had been added to her house. They were awfully silent. Silence may be golden, but it was annoying. Now was the time to be making new friends, discovering more about the house and determining the best way to destroy people. Not that Jasmine ever did much of the last one.

She finally had enough of it. "So, I take it you're all the silent types?" Jasmine asked as humor snuck into her voice. "Well, if you ever do feel like saying something, I'm Jasmine Acacia and I'm a Third Year and hopefully I'll still be the Keeper this year for the team."

║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█

Slytherin Keeper

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:45 pm

User Image

Fourth Year, Slytherin

Pleasure, it spiraled forth from a forked tongue of twisting tales as he slithered closer and closer towards the table, towards the center of the world. The velvet bag was held wistfully in the palm of his hand, light as a feather. He placed it on the grand oak table, the velvet laden curtain spilled open easily, unfurling like petals to reveal its glittering treasures for the first years gathered around.

His eyes like golden fire roared forth, blazing through the crowd, depicting features and faces, emotions and memories. Youth, new and old, had surrounded him, and his gaze tore into the back of Ronyo’s mind, just for one tormenting moment, before swirling around, pausing upon Jessica Sasserath and her blazing red locks, and Hildegard Balford, the flickering shadow he had seen through the passing darkness. But, the ferocity of all of his focus detailed the first year that had noticed him first, freckles against ivory skin, blonde hair and glistening blue eyes. He motioned her closer, a smirk twirling on his lips as his fingers reached forth, widening the mouth of the unfurled velvet coin purse.

After rustling through the gentle clinks of metal against silver and gold and crystal and gems, it could only mean one thing, jewelry. Each and every one was unique, but ever bracelet was carved into that of a serpent. Some were simple silver or gold, others were ornate porcelain or crystal, decorated in jewels, and others were wrought in iron, simplistic and bold. ”You can have any one you like,” he promised, gesturing forth with a simple wave. ”They’re all charmed, the snakes will animate, sometimes they’ll slither up to be a circlet, other times they’ll dance on your wrist.”

Although the velvet coin purse had seemingly unveiled the entirety of its contents, he reached for the bag once again after arranging the bracelets on the table to gather up a handful of rings. Each one was of a different material, fashion, and design, but they all embellished the Slytherin crest. ”And these are for the boys,” Tay spilled the remaining rings alongside the bracelets, each one glittering against the candlelight ceiling. ”They’re enchanted too—“ Tay paused, glancing left and right, wary of professors, and certain prefects. ”But I should probably explain to you chums when we’re in our dorms after the feast.”

[[Firsties!Feel free to describe them as however you like.]]

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Year ~ Slytherin

• mood: wary

While Juniper was happy to meet some older students, she was a bit suspicious of his demeanor. Upon seeing the contents of his bag she raised her eyebrow incredulously. "Those are lovely, though I don't yet know you beyond your name. I'd rather such gifts have meaning. After all, I could afford such for myself if I wished it."

She settled back into her seat, seemingly content. "I'll leave your generosity for those poor enough to need such trinkets." Taking a demure sip from her glass, she watched to see what the response from others would be. Would they admit to being poor enough to need these offerings? Would they find another excuse or reason to spin it? The boy's offering such presents to young first year strangers was ridiculous; and most likely, an attempt to buy favors.

{{OOC: Firsties.. I like that, lol.}}

Mistypaw

9,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:26 pm

User Image

Fourth Year, Slytherin

Curiosity had arisen, and it would not suffice him to will away until he could learn all that he could. A brow had been risen, but not a single threat of animosity had been taken, in fact, it was quite the contrary. He donned a smile of feign innocence, one that purposefully proposed that whatever he had come for—he would find.

”Well, you’re going to be an interesting one, I can tell.” He humored, delighting himself with an abrasive smile. ”It’s your first day at Hogwarts, and being sorted with the best, well, you’d think that’d be a special occasion enough of in itself. We are all in the same house, after all, that sort of makes us family, doesn't it?”

“Besides… didn’t anyone ever tell you it was rude to not accept a gift?”
He was teasing her, really, with a smirk tugging at his lips. ”In any case, you’re free to do whatever you like, that is your right. But, it’s also my right, to continue, to try and try and try, until you accept one of my gifts.”

Diverting his attention to the rest of the gathered crowd, Tay’s British tenor voice drawled on. ”And, you are all welcome and encouraged to join Hogwarts Etiquette Club, we could always use fresh new faces.”

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:44 pm
User Image

Eretria looked over the bracelets with an inquisitive glance, then back toward Tay as he waited. "You'll have to forgive me, but it also seems suspicious to me that you would offer such interesting gifts to us, unless there were some sort of favour you were wishing from us. Perhaps it would best be discussed... later, when we were within our common room and more able to listen without being distracted by the feast."

She didn't add that there would be less ears to hear what type of proposal the young lord may have, and it would give her a chance to remember where she had heard the name of Nott before. Perhaps a dukedom? She also wanted to consider why someone higher up on the food chain of the house was even deigning to interest himself with the new class, especially if he held any clout.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

aliciazee

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:46 pm
User Image
User Image
It seemed that 'expect the unexpected' might have to become her motto here at Hogwarts. The turn of events at the Slytherin table was calling for a different course of action than Selene had previously deemed appropriate. It then served her well than, if there was one thing a snake certainly was, it was flexible. Silence would not do and while, if she'd had her choice, she would have chosen to observe longer, there was nothing wrong with making a little pleasant conversation.

Of course, it seemed a stroke of fate that the moment opened her mouth to make an introduction, a boy, an obvious pureblood and elder student, made his way to the table.

"Curious", she thought, noting the late arrival. She tucked that information away in case it soon would prove useful. Then, just as unexpectedly, the boy mentioned he had a surprise for the first years.

It would be wrong to say that Selene's curiosity was peaked, for in truth her curiosity had been peaked from the moment the boy, William Dante Nott the Third, as she know knew, had made his presence known. But, his mention of surprises caught her interest even more. Not because of the vanity of it all, though Selene could be a bit vain and materialistic, but rather the gesture itself. She was a Slytherin, he was a Slytherin, and Slytherins were not known for being particularly generous. Her mother's words sunk it.
"Everyone has their own motives for being perceived as kind, and good. Never fall for your own trick." This gift giving was a trick Selene had often used to find better favor with her father and brother. Her mother had always been too smart to fall for it. But, this was her trick, her game, and suddenly she wondered if she would be able to see the intent behind his gesture. Would this boy beat her at her own game? It could easily be seen by her assessment of the boy that Selene's training, her upbringing had taught her to be a little paranoid. Selene preferred the word suspicious.

Before she had a moment to speak to him and graciously accept the gift, another girl made a choice. A move on this chess game which Selene easily saw would likely lead to check mate, game over. She was making enemies to quickly. The girl decided to flaunt her pride, prove that she came from a wealthy family, and turn down the boy's gift. She did so rather rudely, in Selene's opinion. This was her moment. Form alliances, make enemies, stay neutral. Those were her options, but this was a golden opportunity and, as opportunity knocks only once, she had to make her choice and quickly.

Unfortunately, the boy got there first and Selene couldn’t help but feel she had missed an opportunity. Would it be rude to jump in now? The boy had taken care of the issue, and, in an all too courteous manner, he had gotten in a jab at the girl’s lack of etiquette. It was true, the risk of making enemies this early in the game, the risk of appearing rude was not something the girl should have done. Selene would be smarter.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Nott.” Selene greeted cordially. "And thank you for the generous welcome.”. She added smiling, not truly making an effort to hide the fact she thought the girl who refused the gift to be insolent.

"I’m Selene Gillette.”, she introduced. She would have to keep on eye on this boy. He was very good at playing this game. Then again, he had been at it for far longer than Selene, and Selene certainly did not like being at this disadvantage.

--------------

WITH: Slytherin Table
OOC:

Thanks to Song of Aoede for graphics.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Amanda Davis
First Year: Slytherin

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda looked up at the fourth year named William when he offered gifts. "What's the surprise?" she asked, curious what the boy had for her and the other first year students. Hearing a girl's voice, she turned her head to see a third year named Jasmine talking to her and the other new students. "You play Quidditch?" was the only thing Amanda could think of asking. Quidditch always appealed to her. Maybe I'll try out next year, she thought, fully aware you had to be in your second year at least to play. She gave her attention back to William and his treasures. "Which one can I have?" she asked, standing up to get a better view. After hearing what Juniper had to say, Amanda jerked her head to look at the girl better. "You think you're so cool just 'cause you're rich? Do your parents give you everything you want?" she asked harshly. Family, ha! she thought as William said being in the same house was like being a family. "Can't choose your family," she muttered under her breath, feeling some hatred for Juniper.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:23 pm

User Image

Fourth Year, Slytherin

When he, once again, was shot down with the immediate eye of suspicious intrigue, he could not, at all, resist himself the urge—so—temptation he fell into. He tilted his head to one side, mirroring the suspicion that he knew was hidden under a thin veneer mask of porcelain upon the blonde face and blue eyes that had spotted him first, and foremost. ”Well now, I have to admit, I’m a bit hurt.” Even as he spoke, poisonous humor rolled off of his tongue, a smile forming on his lips as he continued to dabble in social etiquettes.

”Here I am, just trying to be nice—“ He shook his head, barely about to contain the grin that spread forth like wildfire. A carnal humor rose to delight in his eyes of gold, glittering reflections back into the eyes of the beholder, a gentle and generous chuckle cascading from his lips like a waterfall.

It wasn’t until he caught note of the ever-silent Slytherin, a girl, with curious inquisitive eyes mirroring each and every detail, but not only mirroring—but remembering. A wide smile spilled at his lips when she lifted her spirits, raised her chin, and began to speak. A sparkling glint of intrigue boasted in his eyes. ”A pleasure to meet you, Selene. Please, I hope you’ll accept one of my gifts.” He gestured, eyeing her up and down and assuring the young girl a special place in his memory.

”Well, if you are all so intent on understanding why I’m doing this, then, I’ll tell you.” He decided upon a whim. ”My first year here—in fact—my first day here, I was in fist fight, lost twenty five points, and was immediately chastised for the next several years. To make matters worse, it didn’t exactly help that the other boy was a Slytherin, too.

“Well, animosity sparked, and, we lost the House Cup for four years in a row….

“So, yes, if it means that we’ll all have the House Cup, then I would like for us all to get along… Now is that so bad?”
He wondered aloud, glancing to each and every, spending a precise moment to capture each in the eye before moving on to the next. But, was that honesty, or deception, that had twinkled in his eyes?

Glancing over at a new blonde that had sparked up. ”You can have anyone you like..” He managed to say to Amanda, just moments before her spitfire round was directed to Juniper.

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝
User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:28 pm
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡
Vanessa sat silently at the slytherin table. Her signature muggle notebook, which was once again a new one, was open beside her plate. Flowing writing was slowly making it's way onto the pages as her eyes survayed the people around her. Although it was already her fourth year, She still hadn't made really made any friends. The ones she really knew were the others on the quidditch teams but she wasn't sure if she would call them friends, more acquaintances. As each new Student joined the table she would add another note of general observations on them. As they intorduced themselves she added that besides the note pertaining to them.

As her older housemate also got settled in she waved a bit to the few she did know then turned her attention back to the book. I should probably organize these better over this summer, or at least finish since I already started it over the summer. Aside from the standard applauds when slytherin was announced by the hat she didn't make much noise.
❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡

So much stuff get's missed in the hustle of life♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥stuff that one needs to step back and Observe to notice.

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Amanda Davis
First Year: Slytherin

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda sighed and rolled her eyes. "Presents or bribes won't make us get along. We aren't five years old," she told William with a cold voice. I guess there's a reason why we're all Slytherins, she thought as she looked around at the other tables, who seem to be getting along with each other perfectly fine.

wearing

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:46 pm
User Image

A slight smirk graced her features before she was able to school her features back into neutrality. She was actually glad that not only she, but two others were looking at the proffered gift Tay was displaying with reluctance. She didn't know why, but the teen seemed off. Trying to bribe students into behaving seemed like a rookie mistake, especially within the serpent's nest. She glanced over to Amanda and Juniper, realizing that so far, these two seemed to be the smarter ones of her class, and since she had heard how bothered Amanda had been by the mention of family, she resigned herself to not speaking of her family around the girl.

She glanced back at Tay as she also shook her head. "I must also decline, as I do not need such incentive to behave myself. I do appreciate the offer, however, and will remember your generosity later." And why you just lied like you breathed, she thought. There was something else at work here, and she wanted no part in whatever was going to happen, unless it did harn to herself or those she cared about. After all, it was best to watch your back in a place where someone could easily turn, and to watch the people you associated with also helped you out.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Mistypaw

9,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Year ~ Slytherin

Listening to the blonde girl's outburst she nodded. "Yes, mostly they do give me what I want. I'm not any 'cooler' for it though." sighing to deflect it she continues, "And as you wisely implied, there are things which can't be bought. I agree." she calmly added.

{{OOC: Cooking and eating dinner.
Will be a bit before I can respond.}}

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games