Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Onslaught of the Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:28 pm
User Image

Qaina went deeper into the forest, though she slowed when she saw there were no pursuers. That didn't mean much in the long term. Chances were that she was still being looked for. All the lack of pursuit mean was that she had some breathing room.

Qaina looked up at the sky, the rain splattering against her helmeted visor as she stared past the forest canopy, then she drew a simple magnetic compas from her pocket. Studying it, she then looked the direction the Needle was pointing, the huntress getting her bearings in the forest.

"Its going to be a long walk to the spaceport." She muttered as she set the unconscious Bith on the ground beside her. "Can't call the ship in for a pick up. The Reps and Imps might try shooting it down." She placed the Bith's hands behind his back and bound them with a set of cuffs. Hoisting the Bith back onto her shoulder, she checked the charge of her Military Enforcer and then started the long trip to the spaceport.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:22 pm
In the slums of Galatctic city on the planet Coruscant......

"Focus.....I am one.....I am one with the force. Empty mind of all distractions.....be one with the force....be one with.....Oh geez, this isn't working!"
In a spacious alley that was inhabited by many creatures but mostly kept to themselves was a woman who was just a young, tender adult. She was in the midst of her training of meditating on her mind; trying to "be one with the force" and ridding her mind of all distractions. So far, she achieved this for all about five seconds before her mind wandered to the images of being a Jedi knight living the high life of battling, drinking, and other pleasures that made one not innocent. The young woman opened one of her eyes to see if anyone else was watching her. There seemed to be nobody there at the moment.

Good, she could stop meditating and take a breather to stretch her training sab-"Young pupil, is there a reason why you have stopped meditating?"

the young woman suddenly fell back in surpise as her head hit the ground. Her body quickly sat back upright as if it bounced and rubbed the back of her head. She then opened both of her eyes to see a middle aged man with a clean shaven head and a short; sandy beard. He wore the traditional jedi brown robes; although her garments were slightly different.

She gave him an unimpressed face as she opened her mouth to complain. "Master, I have been meditating for hours! Why can we not practice with the training sabers more than meditating?!"
Her Master, Anto Min merely chuckled in slight amsuement at his griping padawan. "You still have not achieved peace with your mind and therefore are not yet one with the force. Now you have only a few hours left before you are done for the day. Continue," he replied to her.

With a groan followed by the rolling of her eyes, the young woman resumed her training and closed her eyes to continue meditating. This was the padawan known as Dashara Ette.  

ultrafirebird

Super Powerhouse

12,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Knight 100

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:42 pm
Yelsain, Present Day...

The wind roared outside the drop pod, as the storm shook and battered the rapidly falling insertion vehicle. The air inside was almost unbearably hot from re-entry; and if it wasn't for the layers of armor, lead foil, and ceramic skin on the pod Dixie would have been cooked alive by now. The computer screen in front of her showed the altitude, numbers decreasing at a rate impossible to follow. Weather conditions were terrible, and if what she read on the planet was true, then they were only going to get worse. Out of all of the battlefields in the sector, her mother had chosen to pick the one most likely to get her killed. As if enduring the Kom'rk wasn't bad enough. Typical.

The pod shook again as it hit an area of low pressure, shaking Dixie about. There was hardly enough room to move in the pod, but that was actually a boon. It meant less room for her to be thrown about, and more armor and padding to make sure she survived insertion. At 5,000 feet an explosion echoed from just above her; the upper exterior panels separating from the pod to act as a drag chute to slow her descent. At 2,000 feet rockets came to life below her, slowing her descent even further. It wouldn't be enough, however, and Dixie readied herself for a rough landing...

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:12 am
User Image

The sounds and flashes of sporadic gunfire marked where the reps and imps had found each other in the stormy, wet evening. Those spots needed to be skirted, as Qaina wished to avoid military entanglements. In the dark and the rain, she might have been mistaken as a combatant, not good when slowed down by her mark. However, if she could sneak around to an encampment and swipe a speeder or transport, Qaina could make it somewhere where she could get off world.

The Bith on her shoulder started to stir and Qaina stunned him again to keep him quiet. Hoping the muzzle flash went unnoticed among the dark and the rain, Qaina continued on her way, working out a path around the engagement zone.

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:05 pm
The Jedi and Sith threw themselves across the room at each other simultaneously, clashing in the middle as Khyber's cane lashed out at Krosis repeatedly, only to be blocked by the Sith's lightsaber. After a few more thrusts and parries the two took a few steps back, only to return for a few more strikes and retreat again.

"I see you are using Djem So to press the attack," said Krosis, breathing heavily. "You know how to use it well to wear down your opponent, but don't you feel that Ataru is more appropriate for the situation and terrain?"

"I'll use every form known to man if that's what it takes to bring you down," said Khyber, thrusting forward with the cane. Krosis hopped backwards to avoid the blow, but then Khyber ignited the lightsaber at the end of it, burning Krosis in the side. "Of course, I may resort to more unorthodox tactics at times."

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:14 pm
User Image

"But milord, that could be dangerous." The Commander replied, expressing concern. "If the Republic discover this demonstration, they may attempt to strike with force and eliminate both the weapon and the station with everyone aboard."
"Which is why my battlegroup will be protecting the station." Cinn countered. "I have accounted for everything, Commander. My rivals will be awed by my brilliance and my enemies terrified by my might. Fear will bring the Minos Cluster under our control, fear of the Graviton Puncture Machine. Imagine it, Commander: the ability to destroy even the Republic's mightiest battleships with a single shot. Not even the mightiest of planetary shields would be able to stop it."

User Image

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:35 pm
Yelsain, Present Day...

The pod hit one of the massive trees, breaking off a large chunk of it's midsection with the force of the impact, causing it to split in half and collapse behind her. It bounced through several other smaller branches and off of tree trunks, eventually plowing into the joint of an exceptionally thick specimen where a large branch the width of a house met the trunk. There it came to a stop, embedded near the center of the tree, having bored a hole through the softer outer layers of wood.

The red hot metal cooled quickly, and after a few minutes the hatch opened. Dixie stumbled out, collapsing to her knees and vomiting. She recovered quickly, grabbing her rifle and some basic equipment from the pod, and walked out onto the massive limb. Below her, blaster-fire erupted sporadically in the darkness, and here and there an explosion lit the surrounding trees for a few milliseconds. Even though it was still twilight, the shade from the trees made the forest floor almost pitch black.

"Feet first into hell, indeed." Dixie said, looking back at the smoke rising from the pod. "Guess I'm lucky the hatch was on the right side..."

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:04 pm
User Image

A comet came down near the battle, a bright descending ball against the stormy dark that slammed noisily somewhere into the forest. Qaina didn't fail to notice it, nor notice the overall lack of impact it made. Something she could see and hear descending from the sky like that should have left a shockwave that even she could have felt, but instead it was swallowed up by the forest.

The Huntress frowned. Perhaps something had dropped from orbit for either the Imps or Reps. Troops, supplies, equipment, vehicles; it could have been anything. Qaina, however, could not stick around to find out what it was. She needed to find either shelter or a speeder of some kind to get out of the area. The sounds of a gunfight seemed to be drawing closer to her, even if she was trying to avoid getting involved, and if she didn't get moving she might have to do some fighting while weighed down. That would not be good.

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:30 pm
User Image

As Caisar reached the head of the large clearing, he watched the armoured shuttle set down, its hull had a scorch mark along its side but was otherwise unharmed, and the damage looked negligible from what he could tell. The chin- ramp lowered and the men of Falcon company were loading in a few specific crates, the supplies brought by the smuggler, no doubt. A beacon was set onto the starship and the two surviving Republic officers were being brought onboard the armoured shuttle, followed by a gurney carrying the remains of the murdered Captain. Turning to look up at the mountain. He reached out to Khyber once more through the Force, probing his emotions through the link he had established with the younger Jedi over the last few months. His emotions over the last year were building into this confrontation with his nemesis. Caisar hoped he would be in time...
Jogging up to the gathering, now getting drenched in the falling rain with the lose of his cloak, he pulled up his coat's hood and returned his lightsaber to its secured bantha-hide holster, he motioned for the squad leader's attention.
"Sargent, is everything ready?"
"Yes sir, the Lieutenants will be joining us until we return to the Republic line."
"And they are aware of our intent in this area and will not intervene?"
"Absolutely sure, besides, they have no standing over us with you and the Lieutenant here."
"Alright, good. We're short on time, I can feel that Brother Strife is in need of our assistance with haste."
"Sir!" He saluted the Jedi, who rolled his eyes and then as the last of the troopers boarded the shuttle, the two of them followed in behind.

~~~~~~~~~

The chin ramp retracted as the hatch hissed closed, the Flight Lieutenant pulled the armoured shuttle up and into the air, hovering on its secondary repulsors. Caisar stepped into the forward cabin to see the unwounded Rodian standing their, arms crossed and looking at the viewport. He turned as the cabin door slide open. "Oh, it is de Jet-eye..." He spoke in Basic and Caisar bowed appropriately. "I am led to believe this unit is under you... It you who ordered the firing on the ship?"
"It was, I was taking the necessary precautions. This is far from the safety of the Republic line, lieutenant."
The Rodian grunted and just turned back to peer out the viewport.
"Taking us up, Master Adonexus." The Flight Lieutenant spoke up.
The silence that followed was obviously a slight bit tense, until the Rodian spoke up again.
"You are hunting Sith?"
"Yes, my companion is atop the mountain facing him currently, we are moving in to stop him and assess what he wants with the facility."
"Is old, no-one goes anymore. Is mostly broken down. No use to Sith."
"One can never be sure what use the Sith have for something, lieutenant." Caisar responded grimly, the Rodian looking at him for a moment before turning back. "I am fair shot." He stated, patting the heavy field blaster on his hip."I am Tek Su."
Caisar looked over to the alien, scrutinizing him. After a moment, Caisar smiled."Good to have you, Tek Su."  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:13 pm
" There's also the fact that I'm here, Commander. " Danika said, her tone soft. " Assuming the Republic knows the Sith have a captured Jedi with them, they wouldn't risk losing the Order as its ally by abandoning one of them to certain doom. My master is no doubt aware of this fact, as my presence here should indicate. "

Danika lowered her head and spoke quietly. " Such a tactical stranglehold against the Republic and a taunt at the same time. Bold and risky, yet geniusly underhanded and devious. An attack would be suicide in more ways than one. "  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:14 pm
Thunder rolled above and lightning crashed down on the ancient ruins as the Jedi and Sith clashed again and again. Water dripped in the chamber from cracks in the stone, but the massive dome held against the fury of the storm. It had stood for countless others before it, and would not fall this night.

"The diversity in your attack is a boon, Jedi," said Krosis as they fought. "But it betrays the true focus of your combat training. Niman is a style with value, but you have not dedicated yourself to it fully. You have allowed your combat skills to atrophy as you have chased me across the galaxy..."

"I have held my own so far," replied Kyber, parrying one of the Sith's thrusts and stepping back.

"That is because I have been toying with you. Weighing your skill, taking your measure. And I must say, I am quite disappointed."

Krosis lunged forward, raining blows upon the Jedi over and over again. Khyber blocked frantically, trying to divert the energy of his opponent's attack while conserving his own. But it was taking all of his concentration and effort to keep up with the Sith, and he was still being driven back, inch by inch.

Finally, when they had approached within a few feet of the wall, Krosis feinted, acting like he was slashing for Khyber's waist and turning the saber at the last moment. The Sith's saber slammed into Khyber's at an unexpected angle, and the force from the impact sent the saber-cane skipping across the stone floor. Without hesitation the Sith sent a wave of force out at the unarmed Jedi, slamming him into the stone wall just a few feet behind him.

Khyber slid to the ground, the wind knocked out of him from the collision and his thoughts scattered...

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:18 am
Dixie went back to the pod, retrieved a long metal pole, then walked out further on the tree branch. The pole extended in her hands, and a flag unfurled at the end, with her personal symbol emblazoned on it.

"I, Ara Skirata, claim this planet in the name of Manda'yaim!" she proclaimed loudly to no one, thrusting the sharp end of the pole into the tree.

Shortly after, a Republic airspeeder flew up to her branch, shining headlights on her.

"Unidentified soldier," said a voice over an intercom. "Throw down your weapon and state your rank and affiliation."

"Do you mind?" Dixie asked, in mock irritation. "You are kind of ruining my triumphant moment here."

"Repeat, throw down your weapon or we will open fire."

Darth Fury

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:17 pm
User Image

The Commander glanced back at the slave woman disdainfully.
"The Republic are a lot of cowards, but I doubt they would be so spineless as to not attack us because we have a single hostage of no real importance, even if you are a Jedi."
In a hushed voice, the Commander then spoke to Cinn.
"My Lord, holding her is dangerous. Should it get out to the Jedi that she is here, they may attempt a rescue. We still do not fully understand the strengths and weaknesses of the Order and ACK"

The man clutched at his throat as Cinn's yellow eyes looked upon him with disapproval.
"I grow tired of your ignorant questioning, commander." He declared. "I have seen all that the Jedi can muster, and not one of them is a threat to me or my plans. If you continue to test my patience with your idiocy, I will have you replaced."

Cinn released the man and continued to march towards the turbolift, gesturing for Danika to follow him as he left the commander staggering and gasping for air behind him.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:33 pm
After what felt like eons of meditating, Dashara was FINALLY able to stop and go back to the temple for rest. The young woman was relieved, but her master seemed a bit distressed. She looked over to him and studied his not-so-happy-at-the-moment features.

"Does something ail you, master?" she asked. Now, Dashara may be a bit of a short fuse, impulsive, and wanting to get more action out of life, but that didn't necessarily mean she was a jerk.

Anto seemed lost in his mind for a moment before he responded to his padawan. "It is nothing of your concern, young Padawan. Focus on rest and what needs to be done tomorrow," he replied as he then focused back to the route that lead to the Jedi temple on the planet.  

ultrafirebird

Super Powerhouse

12,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Knight 100

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:47 am
Danika followed Cinn to the turbolift, giving the Commander a brief glance as they left him behind. It was rather odd to think the Sith would so quickly threaten the man, while he seemed to give her far more patience. Was it part of his parading her around before his underlings? Was he that confident that she was so thoroughly broken to his will?

The thought of him believing she was broken to his will hit home again. A wave of depression fell over Danika, but she shook it off after a moment. The more she thought about it, the worse it got, so it was better to just not think about it at all. She gave a quick glance to her master, unsure if he was able to sense that moment of weakness in her.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games