Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:03 pm

Like i was suggesting, that's a great ship to match an SSD with.

But not till legacy 3.

I'm basing my opinions on that assumption.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:04 pm

I too, am Pro-Scythe! I love their modular design...

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:33 am

If you're so for the design, why do you wish to cast aside the principles that created it?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:18 am

Wait a minute... we didn't approve Kenet's new destroyer? Did we?

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:07 pm

stellarmagic
Wait a minute... we didn't approve Kenet's new destroyer? Did we?
Yes, we did. Mind you, there's hardly any of them, and as of the time the RP starts, they're no longer in production anyway.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:16 pm

I'm curious. If they're not in production, and they're next to none around, what good are they?

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:26 pm

Nelowulf
I'm curious. If they're not in production, and they're next to none around, what good are they?
They were made for defense. Originally, ya, I would've made them for the purpose of having Capital-ships, but with the eventual loss of Mandalore and my insufficient resources, I can't chunk out huge numbers.

At least not until I get more income. I might start reproducing in the RP, if I get the right allies and resources. Though it would still be best to just buy my own.

In the end, they're temporary solutions.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:37 pm

For a ship that lacks point defense its got a ton of Mass Drivers and Laser Cannons. Maybe you should tweak that a bit.

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:52 pm

Entry Number: 776-875-400
Subject: CR-120 Corellian Corvette
Capsule:

After seing the massive success of the CR 90 during the Galactic Civil War and after, CEC came up with newer models. Few surpassed the Lancer frigates in bulk or power, but the latest incarnation easily holds its own in a modern galaxy.

The vessel was designed to fit the empty role of anti-starcraft in the greater galaxy. Masive carriers and their wings and Gladius-frigates were the common tool, but there was nothing small enough to go toe-to-toe with fighters, turn them into easy space dust, and still be able to keep frigates at bay. The CR 120 is just that. Standard crew is 8 officers and 36 enlisted, though this can be as high as 30 officers and 180 enlisted. Passenger room is 600 persons at most.

Standard armaments include 10 Krupix AA Quad Turbolaser Turrents, 3 Class-8 Laser Batteries, 2 Class-6 Ion Cannons, 2 Missle Tubes, and a Mass-Driver. The vessel is also equipped with a Point-Defense Laser System that can chew down incoming missles, as well as any fighters and bombers that get anywhere near close. And what's best: most of these are attachable, and can be retrofitted in a variety of configurations, depending on the need.

Though she is equiped with enough shields and armor to tackle anything up to the size of a Wombat II, she is no match for Destroyers. Her meek 150m length and relatively small size makes it easy for her to evade the much larger ships, and outrun the ones smaller than Destroyers, butshe lacks the firepower and defenses to survive long, at least by herself. Especially when tractor beams and gravity wells are in use.

The best part, however, is her thrust. These babies can hit upwards of 2,000 with all batteries a'blazing, and 2,500 MGs with the engines getting the royal treatment, allowing her to easily outrun any other starship and most any fighter. Even better, her hyperdrive is a huge improvement over the old CR 90s, at an impressive .75, so not only is she tough, but fast as hell.

Appearance wise, she is a bit different than the earlier model. The majority of her guns are placed near the front, and immediately under the front or above, to give it excellant forward-firepower. The rest of the weapons are situated on the wing like opening near the engines, which were designed to help protect the once-infamous blind spot. Additionally, the hangar is still located at the belly and the ship itself is fairly well-armed in most areas, enough to protect against a constant rain of incoming fighters.

The only downside, if any, is her weak hull. Enough plastering by the big ships, and this thing could break in two, causing serious issues. Of course, noone in their right mind would take this by herself on a point-blank run at a Destroyer.

Of course, CEC decided the chances of such an event happening were slim to none. She could bite, and bite hard. They're as fast as a hyper Vornskr on spice, and in enough numbers, can even threaten Nemesises with their point-blank attacks and speedy retreats. Under a skillful commander, these are vessels definently not to be taken likely, even if you usually see them in the hands of mercenaries, pirates, and rebels.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaia/redirect.php?r=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9983973/?qo=1&q=corvette+class&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:36 pm

I told you, I'd forgotten they'd existed. But as for the other part, I figured it only applied to heavies. But point rectified. Is the re-re-redone Lance ok or do I need to tweak it more?

EK: Would it kill you to have an original design picture? We all manage to do it ...

PaulTheWolf5575

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:43 pm

PaulTheWolf5575
I told you, I'd forgotten they'd existed. But as for the other part, I figured it only applied to heavies. But point rectified. Is the re-re-redone Lance ok or do I need to tweak it more?

EK: Would it kill you to have an original design picture? We all manage to do it ...
Would CEC change the structure much, especially if it was succesful?

If it's not broke, don't fix it. If it is broke, charge less.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:55 pm

Yes, yes they would.

That is close to a 200 year old design at this point. It would have to be changed to keep up. Besides, it doesn't reflect the weapons carried at all...

PaulTheWolf5575

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:11 pm

PaulTheWolf5575
Yes, yes they would.

That is close to a 200 year old design at this point. It would have to be changed to keep up. Besides, it doesn't reflect the weapons carried at all...
Better?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:25 pm

Well now there's just no picture...

PaulTheWolf5575

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:27 pm

PaulTheWolf5575
Well now there's just no picture...
One, there aren't many pictures of corvettes, especially this one. Two, the description is written into it.

Or would you rather write your own entry?
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games