Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:21 pm
A while ago someone asked what was happening to Sinestro, well he's on Ysmault being crucified and tourtued by the red lanterns...that is all...moo.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:01 pm
So, I found a new hobby in Fallout 3.

Infinite ammo via God Mode console command and firing the Experimental Fat Man wildly at everything. twisted  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

elvisnake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:37 am
I'm going to be getting fallout 3 today. I ordered it on amazon the other day, and deemed it worth the extra ten bucks to get it in two days.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:02 am
So It turns out that it's all but confirmed that my grams has pancreatic cancer. To you troopers which have no idea what that'll mean, it's like putting a clock on her, set for six months. Knowing my grams, she could live for another 10 years, being as big of a p***k as she was, but she could knock off in 10 minutes.

So I need some advice. I pretty much agreed to visit her, but i've got no idea what to say to her. In either case, if any of you offer your sympathies, I'm going to laugh at your stupidity, before giving you the biggest verbal lashing i can give without being court marshalled. None of you knew her, so I don't want your pathetic attempts to make me feel better. Mostly because, i'm not sad, just indifferent. Been to as many funerals as I have, you start not giving a damn.

Anyways, anyone got any experience on the sort of matter? Usually my visits are to the dead, or the brutally murdered before my eyes, not to the slowly dying.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:42 am
Sorry Nelo cant help you there  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:45 am
I'm sorry Nelo. Pancreatic Cancer is the worst kind. I grieve for you, truly. I try to fundraise money for cure research, but no matter how much you raise it never seems to help good people that need it.  

Jaden_Ordo

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:53 am
Darkened Angel

Infinite ammo via God Mode console command and firing the Experimental Fat Man wildly at everything. twisted
Is that the PC version?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:21 pm
Jaden_Ordo
Darkened Angel

Is that the PC version?
Almost certainly. I doubt the xbox version lets you access console commands.  

elvisnake

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:30 pm
I've looked into the eyes of a dying man, a man I have held much respect for.
I could see the pain, the tremendous agony he was in. He was losing his grip on life.
And I could find nothing to say to him. To this day, I'm haunted by the fact that my family's patirarch's last mortal view of me was just an uncertain, frightened stare.

Its not easy to stare death in the face. A Corpse is not Death. Its just meat. But a living being struggling just to stay alive and losing, that is death. You can almost see the Reaper holding his scythe to their neck, patiently waiting to finish the job.

However, to avoid it entirely would be nothing less than indecent. Such an act would make you a coward of the lowest order. Had I not gone to my Grandfather's bedside in his final hours, what haunts me today would pale in comparison to my shame.

Your Grandmother and you may not have gotten along (Or maybe you did. Not the point) but you must go and see her one last time before she leaves this world.
I dont know the woman, but a sign that you cared for her, that you will live well and remember her, that may be the best.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:43 pm
I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. Gave up a lot just to be able to go see her, but when I got there I was at a loss for words.
Finally had a long talk with her about life and family and a bunch of other stuff.

My advice: just start talking. The time you spend with her will be the best gift you can give.

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:33 pm
It's not that i don't like her.... i just don't really feel connected to her. She's not in the hospital bed yet, but I just can't think of something to say to someone like her.

I'm going, that's a fact. I just don't know how to handle it. I'm indifferent, really. Not scared, not shocked.. not even empty.. just foreign to the situation. The last time i saw someone die was Sam when he was curb stomped. Kind of different for the situation being 'we know you'll die, but we don't want to really point that out'. It's not like she's even on some death bed. She walks, talks, shows no pain.... which is why it just doesn't feel right...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:05 pm
Then dont bring it up and play cards or something.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:34 pm
I'll try. Tahnks for the advice for those who gave it...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:46 pm
Best thing you can do is just not remind them of their own motality unless they bring it up and instead seek out a chance to have some "Quality time" I.E. play a board game or cards or something that will involve fun.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:54 pm
Yeah make their last moments enjoyable  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games