Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:39 pm

Ah, I'll give it a shot. I'm just tired of writing these lengthy a** posts, though it makes things cooler. I'll get one for ya' Monday, but for now, i'm going to bed. Good night.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:43 pm

Ok man.

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:44 am

So Nelo is doing a clear homage to JG1 "The Flying Circus" in his squadron. We've got Richthofen and Udet, whose next to make an appearance? Voss?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:53 am

Pershing.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:49 am

Huh? Richthofen has nothing to do with Ritt. I just like the color red.

As for Udet, i don't see how he really plays into it.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:59 am

You and the Republic.

Red ones go faster after all.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:08 am

the "in-rp" definition is actually because Ritt wants to draw attention to himself from his other squadmates (although they all have different color schemes themselves, so its kind of negatory). I mean, he takes on entire squadrons solo, so naturally he's got a little room to be cocky.

in reality, I've kind of based his piloting after Anakin.... sadly...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:12 am

Nelowulf
the "in-rp" definition is actually because Ritt wants to draw attention to himself from his other squadmates (although they all have different color schemes themselves, so its kind of negatory). I mean, he takes on entire squadrons solo, so naturally he's got a little room to be cocky.

in reality, I've kind of based his piloting after Anakin.... sadly...

Its ok Nelo. We forgive you.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:16 am

Yeah... I tried to create daredevil into a pilot, and everyone shouts "red baron"...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:21 am

Nelowulf
Yeah... I tried to create daredevil into a pilot, and everyone shouts "red baron"...

One guy doesnt mean everyone.
A Red Painted ship could mean anything, not just a tribute to the Red Baron.
Rogue Squadron had red stripes on all their craft, and Nym's Havoc had red markings.
Red is a color for Danger. It draws the eye and makes one instinctively take notice. Its the color of blood, of war, and passion.
Red is also the color of the Republic Diplomatic Corp in the same fasion that the Red Cross uses a Red Cross. red draws attention.
That and Red ones go faster.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:25 am

True enough. Still, I know there's no doubting that's going to the the most popular interpretation of it anyway, verbalized or not.

And yes, the red ones always go faster. One of these days I'll give the squadron a name.... But what would fit a bunch of hotroddin' adrenaline junkies? That's creative simultaneously?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:28 am

Nelowulf
True enough. Still, I know there's no doubting that's going to the the most popular interpretation of it anyway, verbalized or not.

And yes, the red ones always go faster. One of these days I'll give the squadron a name.... But what would fit a bunch of hotroddin' adrenaline junkies? That's creative simultaneously?

The Skywalkers?

Sol Walker
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:40 am

That could be where the family gets its name...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:44 am

Th family got the name because a pilot who saw a local podrace told a young Anakin that he walked the sky as though he owned it.
It was adopted by Anakin as a nickname. Later, when Qui-gon Jinn found him, he assumed Skywalker was his surname. Anakin didnt bother to correct him and since then Anakin's descendents have been known as Skywalkers.

Sol Walker
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:12 am

Oh, I didn't know that. Where is that from?
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games