Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4482 4483 4484 4485 4486 4487 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:39 pm
*yawn* I just got home from work...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:00 am
I'm bored.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:39 pm
Chickeninabreadpanpickinoutdough.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:05 pm
Well, we figured out what's wrong with my computer. Apparently, when I dropped a book on it a couple months ago, it fryed my hard drive months later. Looks like it's gonna take about $300 to fix... There goes my March Budget...  

elvisnake

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:53 pm
Cale Darksun
Darth Fury
I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power! I AM BEOWULF!

The Danesman in my blood tells me you are full of s**t and lies.
You are not Beowulf. Only an imposter who deserves a spanking for such falsehoods.

Are you offering to spank me then? wink heart wink  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:57 pm
Me, Aurin, and a bunch of our friends have had a movie run for the last week or so. Every night we watch a movie. So far we've seen Resident Evil: Extinction, Sweeney Todd, Beowulf, and Van Helsing. Tonight we're watching A Clockwork Orange.  

Darth Fury

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:02 pm
good, medoicre, poor, mediocre, and awesome...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:12 pm
Nelowulf
good, medoicre, poor, mediocre, and awesome...

What didn't you like about Beowulf, if you don't mind my asking? I've read the epic and it seemed to stay true to the spirit of it. More so than most Hollywood movies these days, at least...  

Darth Fury

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:40 pm
First half was spot on. Second half was so grossly inaccurate it wasn't funny at all. I admit, they were creative in telling how they explained their deviation from the actual legend by saying it's a myth, and their story might have been a 'realistic' account. but frankly... You spent all that money... had all that time.. And yet again, you've made, at best, another telling of Beowulf which was, once again, altered, destroyed, and passed off as an object of inferior quality.

That, and their cinematography made it feel like a CGI version of 300 more than the prince of princes, the demon hunter and the slayer. The giant's sword to slay all evil, and to return a king of kings. A man whose boasting was backed up by deeds. Who fought grendel, a terrible monster who ransacked and pillaged, killed his draconic mother, and lived in justified reign and ruthless power for fifty years, before being slain by a dragon in it's cave, and burned in glory.

Instead, what we have, is an emo grendle, a wonderbitch mother who's wrath is weak, and a dragon son who's attacked by a shell of a man who's sole motivation is to kill himself, rather than arrogant attempt to relive his youth.

The spirit, in my opinion, was as far as it has always been.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:44 pm
I guess I can kinda see your point. Not fully agree, wink but I understand where you're coming from.

What's bad about Van Helsing?

Darth Fury

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:57 pm
I didn't say van helsing was bad. I called it mediocre. Big difference.

Bad means that it wasn't worth watching again. mediocre means that there's nothing that makes it good.

You ahve to understand, I don't watch movies once or twice, i see them about five times. And then i have an overall opinion. Like mortal kombat is a 'bad movie', but i still own it because there's some things that make it 'watchable' under specific circumstances. And just because i say bad, doesn't make it terrible, horrendous, or the worst piece of s**t ever. No more than a good movie is exemplary, wonderful, outstanding, or otherwise.

Most movies sit at a mediocre, bad, or good rating for me. Basically, rather neutral.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:22 pm
Fair enough.

Most movies sit at an above average rating for me, but that's mostly cause I am so easily satisfied. I would make a horrible critic...

Speaking of movies, anyone know when the Wolverine flick is supposed to hit theaters?

Darth Fury

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:30 pm
Summer.

Street fighter in a week or so.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:56 pm
Didn't they do a Street Fighter movie awhile back? Or was that Mortal Kombat?

I just remember that it didn't do so well...

Darth Fury

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:02 pm
they've done both.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4482 4483 4484 4485 4486 4487 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games