Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:38 pm

Johnny Malone
Des Voh
Johnny, are you feeling ok?
Why do you ask?
Your post kinda sucked.

I don't mean to complain, but damn.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:38 pm

Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
And who you're playing against. pirate

Yes, this does look to be promising. So much going on in only a handful of pages.
Des? He's good but I am sure he is no tactical genius.

I meant me.
Des has as much material knowledge and tactical cunning as Palpantine.
He's a schemer, not a commander.
I know it was you, just thought I would try and ruffle your feathers. My biggest problem is that I know Medieval tactics but don't know much about more modern military tactics.

So I should expect alot of massed heavy cavalry charges and a complete lack of ranged weaponry among your troops with the bulk of your infantry culled from the peasantry of your conquered lands suplantd by amoral mercenaries.
Gotcha.
That's why I need to brush up on other tactics. I want to try something different.

do yourself a favor and look up the military career of a man named Jan Zizka.

Sol Walker
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:39 pm

Des Voh
Johnny Malone
Des Voh
Why do you ask?
Your post kinda sucked.

It's been a weird couple of days with very little sleep and I was kind of stumped as to what to write. They won't be all that cringe worthy, I promise.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:40 pm

Des Voh
Johnny Malone
Des Voh
Why do you ask?
Your post kinda sucked.

how so?

Sol Walker
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:41 pm

Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun

I meant me.
I know it was you, just thought I would try and ruffle your feathers. My biggest problem is that I know Medieval tactics but don't know much about more modern military tactics.

So I should expect alot of massed heavy cavalry charges and a complete lack of ranged weaponry among your troops with the bulk of your infantry culled from the peasantry of your conquered lands suplantd by amoral mercenaries.
Gotcha.
That's why I need to brush up on other tactics. I want to try something different.

I know a bit about him, I have that painting of him in my living room remember?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:43 pm

Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun

I meant me.

Gotcha.

Holy s**t.
THATS Who that guy is?!!
Dude, Jan Zizka's the man who led Czech Protestants to repeatedly beat the bloody piss out of the creme of the Teuton Knighthood!
The Man was a Mercenary who found a cause, invented the tank, the tacic of circling wagons, and aided the construction of the massive Bohemiean Flail!

Sol Walker
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:45 pm

Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun

Gotcha.

Holy s**t.
THATS Who that guy is?!!
Dude, Jan Zizka's the man who led Czech Protestants to repeatedly beat the bloody piss out of the creme of the Teuton Knighthood!
The Man was a Mercenary who found a cause, invented the tank, the tacic of circling wagons, and aided the construction of the massive Bohemiean Flail!
Yeah, his name is at the bottom left hand corner of the painting. Man was a BAMF.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:48 pm

Hells yes.
Even when completely blind he managed to marshall his soldiers to victory.
The Statue of him outside Prague is the largest free standing equestrian statue in the world.

Sol Walker
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:51 pm

I think I will look to him when planning my army. It is known that I am turning all of my planets into one giant warmachine. It would make sense for me to use the peasentry.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:54 pm

You'd probably want to look more at Alexander, Philip, and Scippio Africanis(SP?).
Understand your situation and the exploit it along similar lines.

Sol Walker
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:55 pm

Cale Darksun
You'd probably want to look more at Alexander, Philip, and Scippio Africanis(SP?).
Understand your situation and the exploit it along similar lines.
Thanks, it looks like I have a lot of research ahead of me. (If only European Military History was offered sooner... alas I must wait until next year to take that class.)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:59 pm

Independant research is the only real way to go about this, mate.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:01 pm

Kaleesh only get two arms, by the way.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:01 pm

Cale Darksun
I know, It just reminded me that I have to wait a year before Military history is offered again and I felt like lamenting (i.e. bitching.)

Johnny Malone
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:05 pm

Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
I know, It just reminded me that I have to wait a year before Military history is offered again and I felt like lamenting (i.e. bitching.)

I dont get it at all.
So what the hell are you bitching at?
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games