Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:46 pm
User Image

αsтяσησмy
Head Of Slytherin
Deputy Headmistress

ιηαяι εvεяηιgнт

мσσ∂ ---& {Content}
<--- sтяιρ мε ηαкε∂

❝I'm just a bad girl, that's why we get along❞

❝Won't make excuses for anything I'm doing wrong❞

❝I'll pull the trigger in a flash❞

User Image

Inari lead the group of first years in to the great hall. The current students all getting quite and giving their attention to them as she entered. Inari was newly turned into the deputy headmistress but she was proud to do it. Nodding to the professors and the headmistress she moved to the stool. Looking at her own house table pointedly as they all loved to start fights during feast."Now you will all go one by one. When I call your name you will be seated and and I will place the sorting hat on your head. Once he calls out your house, you will then take a seat with them." She explained then picked up the hat and gestured for the first student to come as she called out the first name on her list.

User Image

❝Watch out honey, step back❞

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

[Out.Of.Champagne.][❝Please post here with your entrance post, you will be quoted in your sorting post and then you may move to posting at your perspective table. Sorting is now open!❞]

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:58 pm
User Image

Eretria walked into the great hall with the rest of the first years. Upon looking at the Sorting Hat, she smiled to herself. So that's how they do it. She sat down gracefully and waited for the hat to be placed on her head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm cool and detached, analytical. I don't necessarily make friends too easily, as I tend to be standoffish and brutal in my assesment of people, and I don't really like hanging around too many people. If I do make a friend, however, I would do what I can to help them out as much as possible.  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Song of Aoede

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:28 pm
Cressida Isolde Birch

User Image

This was it, the trip to Diagon Alley, the ride on the train, all of it lead up to this moment. She had been able to joke and mess around on the train, pretending she wasn't as anxious as she was, but here, standing in the Great Hall, it was all too real, too massive to be ignored. Suddenly, it all felt so important. This moment, everything about it, mattered.

Every fiber of Cressida's being was alive with excitement. This was the beginning of the rest of her life. Her mind was reeling with the tales her mother and father had told her of their days at Hogwarts, but even their tales couldn't do this place justice. The place itself was magnificent, but, Cressi, at this moment, could hardly see past that stool, that hat and the future that lay ahead of her. She understood all to clearly that she was being handed a chance, in the form of a word, a house assignment, a chance to make a difference.

When Cressida's name was called, she could hardly keep from shaking as she made her way up to the stool. Would the hat see a "bad girl" because of her mischevious streak, would they see a girl who was nothing out of the ordinary, for Cressi had never really made waves, or would it see directly into her heart, into her passion for justice. Cressi couldn't help wondering. She took a deep breath at the hat was placed upon her head, shoulders tense, awaiting the hat's decision.

User Image

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit of a mischief maker. I like to push the envelope a bit too much, sometimes getting myself in trouble. But, rules are made to be broken, right? I have an innate sense of justice. In fact, my parents joke that my first words were “That’s not fair”. As soon as something strikes me as unfair, rather than going the predictable route, I make it fair, in other words, I break the rules that I feel were broken and, well, make mischief. Other than sometimes being stubborn or hardheaded, I try to be an easy person to get along with. I am kind, but, like everyone, I have my moments. I have my ideals about how I believe the world should work and when I see something that does not fit with my own standard, it makes me angry.

I have a bit of an obsession with helping people; I tend to gravitate towards the underdog.

My work ethic is not what it should be, but I pick up on things quickly so I tend to do well in school.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:32 pm
User Image
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Rutam followed the group, looking around as they were lead to a great hall the likes of which she had never seen before. A bubbly giggle rose up and escaped before she could stop it. The excitement was getting to her it seemed. As her turn came, Rue turned to smile back at her new friends and then went to sit down carefully on the tall stool. Eyes stared at her as she waited to be sorted, but she wasn't nervous as she sat straight and confident. 'Where ever you put me, Mr. Sorting Hat, is where I'm truely meant to be...'

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a mix of everything. I can be sweet and funny, or mean and cold. There are times to be serious and times when it’s ok to play around. Also, sometimes I can be, well, pretty random. Don’t think I’m some airhead, mind you. I just like to act different than the mainstream.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image
User Image

Nova_Cattus

Mythical Shapeshifter

Owlied

Timid Werewolf

4,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
UNSORTED 1st Year

Current Mood: Excited! xxx Location: Great Hall

Trailing along slowly, as she often did in large groups, Rona made her way through the Castle with her tongue placed gently between her teeth. It was gorgeous. Absolutely awe-inspiring from the draconian outside to the refined innards. Being quite ignorant in the ways of witches and wizards, Rona did nearly cry out when pictures on the walls moved and cheered at the new arrivals and ghosts dropped streamers and squealed overhead. It was a dizzying state of affairs, to say the least.

Rona was quite impressed.

As the large group entered the Great Hall they were met with a resounding welcome. Students from their second year on were already seated and dressed in their finest. Having never worn so much as a commoner's school uniform, this would be a practice not so well embraced by the ornery girl.

She narrowed her eyes across the room, aching for her glasses, which at the moment were packaged at the bottom of her trunk.

It was only a matter of time before this Sorting Hat had her...

PEOPLE SAY THAT, IN A NUTSHELL, I'M: TOLERABLE. My mum says I'd have loads of friends if I were more open-minded, but most of the children in my village are soooo boring. I'd like to meet people who are creative and interesting, and when I do I'll stick by them forever, cross my heart! My da calls me stubborn because I don't like to be told what to do, but I'd rather be stubborn than fickle. Sometimes I talk back too much, other times I'm "perfectly objective". I wish he'd make up his mind. He really gets peeved when I question things, especially in school. Is it so awful for a kid to be curious? My teachers call me lazy because I never do my homework, but I hate deadlines and I especially hate working with others. I'd rather read a whole textbook myself than wait for the thick-heads in my class to stutter it aloud. I do love reading. I want to know everything, and I'm very confident that I will, regardless of what any adult has to say about it. Ok, so maybe I am a little harsh... I think I make up for it by being clever. I like to draw and make things, especially pretty things, like lanterns and mobiles. And I especially love the outdoors. Maybe I'll live in the woods when I'm older. Have a home in a tree, just like the wizards in old storybooks!

With:
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:35 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Unsorted

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana walked through the Great Hall along with the other first year students. So many things were going through her mind. Suddenly, her name was called. She felt all eyes on her as she slowly walked towards the Sorting Hat. Her legs slightly shook before she was able to sit down. This is it, she thought, staring at the four tables filled with students in their second year, at least.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm very outgoing and fun to be around. I'm usually happy and positive, and I can act a bit ditzy at times. I always seem to be in a good mood. When I accomplish a task that I struggled with, it's obvious that I'm proud of myself. I put in effort and hard work into everything that I do. I tend to get hyper often, and I am easily distracted. I have a great sense of humor and can laugh at anything, though I might think you mean something insulting until you clarify it with me. Most people see me as a harmless and playful kid. A few people think that I'm bipolar just because I can go from mad to happy with an apology. I think every person should be treated equally. I am loyal to the ones I care about. While I am cheery, bubbly, upbeat, energetic, and smiling most of the time, I can be somewhat absent-minded, random, and slightly naive. I am very sensitive and my feelings get hurt easily. It is quite obvious that I am impatient. I'm not "naturally" smart. If I want good grades, I have to work my butt off for them, even though I still won't be able to get the best grades ever.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Amanda Davis
First Year: Unsorted

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda walked through the Great Hall, following the first years in front of her. She stared up at the walls and ceiling. Kaitlyn has to work better at explaining, she thought, remembering how her older sister had explained this room. What else did she poorly explain? she wondered, thinking about discovering a lot of unsuspected places in the school. As her name was called, Amanda walked up to the hat to have it placed on her head. She appeared to be completely neutral as she sat under it.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm over confident and tough. I am not the easiest to get along with, and I don't get along with everyone. I don't trust people easily because I believe that everyone has a dark side, including myself. Sometimes, I'm negative and unsupportive, but that's just because I say what's on my mind and give my opinion. If I'm in an argument with somebody, I am not afraid to yell. If I feel like someone close to me is being threatened, I will step in and try to protect them. I label a lot of people as annoying, and most of them find me aggressive and tomboyish. I sometimes have no respect for rules or people.

wearing

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:07 pm
User Image

Who's
up for a...

User Image

User Image

No book that he'd read had done the castle even the slightest bit of justice. It was much more exquisite than he'd ever imagined. There were floating candles above the many tables, and a starry night blanketed the ceiling of the great hall. It was nothing short of miraculous. Ben had begun to think of the myriad of charms that had to be at work just to keep the starry night sky looking the way it did. He wondered how many witches and wizards it took to enchant the ceiling. Before he knew it, his name was called and it was his turn to sit on the stool and have the hat placed on his head. He took a deep calming breath to quiet all of the heady thoughts going on in his head, so that the hat may have a chance to examine him better. Ben sat on the stool and waited for the magical hat to be placed on his head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Headstrong and stubborn when it comes to people I care about. Witty and quick with words. A sharp tongue can hit harder than even the sharpest blade. I'm a bit shy, but much more talkative once you get to know me. Appreciating friends comes naturally to me, as I've been an outcast before. I always watch out for people's feelings though, and I like to give things a sugar coating to keep from hurting others. People say I'm intelligent, loyal, sharp of wit, and not afraid to take calculated risks. I can be extremely competitive, but I feel like it contributes to my charming personality. I know what hard work that teachers have and I treat them with the respect that they deserve. It's hard for me to hold grudges unless the circumstances are extreme. Forgive but never forget.

...little friendly competition?

King_of_Tarts

Ruthless Man-Lover

9,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:09 pm
User Image Shina followed the group into the Great Hall. Students lined the tables, and floating candles lit the large room. Shina didn't pay very much attention to this though. Something in her chest tightened just a bit as she saw the Sorting Hat. The hat would decide her foster family for the next seven years, the label by which others would make their first impressions of her.

Where would she end up? Gryffindor, the house of the Honorable Savior? Ravenclaw, the house of intelligence? Hufflepuff, where the loyal and hardworking resided? Or Slytherin, the home of the cunning and ambitious? Shina's spine straightened, and her chin rose. She would bring pride to her family and her house, whatever it ended up being.

Hearing her name, Shina stepped forward, gliding smoothly to the stool and taking a seat, her face impassive. 'So, Sorting Hat-san, where shall I be placed?'

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quite intelligent, always trying to learn something new. Sometimes I can be a little eccentric, but I am also quite crafty at times. I'd like to believe the best about you, but I've been betrayed before. So when I seem to trust you, it is possible I'm just being polite until I feel you out. I don't race headlong into things, and I won't start a fight if I can help it, but if need be, I will finish it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:40 pm
User Image

Annabelle Humphrey
Unsorted First Year

With an incredible feeling of excitement, Annabelle walked into the great hall. It was full of students. There were many first years around waiting to be sorted. All eyes were on the first years. Annabelle's feeling of excitement truned into a feeling of nerves, nervous about the sorting, and about having so many eyes on her at one time. But pulling herself together, Annabelle walked up and neatly sat herself on the chair and waited for the sorting hat to placed on her head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm I'm silly, childish and always happy. But despite me acting silly all the time, I do love to read and I'm told that I am quite intellectual, I love getting good grades... sometimes, I even cry if my mark is lower than the last time, so I am found studying and reading alot. I also love everyone, and try hard not to hate anyone.

M i n i R e d S t a r s

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:17 am
User Image

Joseph Luxton
Unsorted First Year

An excited unsorted first year entered the Great hall. Joseph. With excitement flowing through his enter body, he sat himself into the chair and waited patiently for the sorting hat to be placed on his head. All eyes were on him, he was nervous, but didn't let it get to him.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Very cunning and brilliantly intelligent. I am very confident in myself and can tend to be a bit stuck up occasionally. I'm generally a very happy and joyful person. My mother always told me that I was a real ladies man, just like my father was in his younger days. Despite my confidence, I am shy around new people.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:15 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Year ~ Unsorted
• mood: Determined, Anticipatory.
• thoughts:
Slytherin (family traditional),
or at least Ravenclaw please!
Profile Link

Walking into the room, Juniper felt all the eyes on her. For now they were just a sea of people she might know - who might matter. But she focused on the Hat before her. 'This is it,' she thought. 'Whatever happens, I am still me. It can't change me.' Heart pounding, she takes her seat, 'Surely it can see my hopes... I really don't want to have to explain to my family if I'm put elsewhere...' Juni thinks about the qualities she wants to focus on, as she awaits the Hat's proclamation.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm more mature than my years, opinionated, ambitious, and driven. I want to make a difference in the world. I like to learn things I can use to my benefit and interests. I try to avoid things I consider foolish or petty, focusing on what I want. Even if on the outside I seem quiet, I may just be listening and holding my cards.

Mistypaw

9,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:28 am
Marko James

I may not fully SEE you....
I may not fully HEAR you..

User Image ````Marko sighed and stood. He wanted to just sit. He wanted to eat the food. He wanted to be able to sit. Looking around, he could see a little more then before. However he heard less. He hopped that he would hear his name. He really did.
But I KNOW you are there.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm calm and sweet, if they do not know me well. If they know me well they say I am cunning and deeply deceitful..well, just my mother and brother say that.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:08 am
User Image
User Image
Aaron Renshaw
First Year || Unsorted
User Image

The hustling ceased and Aaron found himself in a large dining hall, greater than any room he had ever seen. Well, this is a castle, Aaron reasoned. Majesty was to be expected. Walking into the room, Aaron couldn't help but realize that the whole experience was fuzzy, almost dreamlike. The murmurs of the students faded to a dull whisper in the recesses of his mind as he looked around in awe. Watching student after student, all with the same nervous anxiety, some slightly more prepared than others, it struck Aaron just how little he truly knew, how lost he could end up being in this place. Less than two moths ago, he discovered this existence of this knew world, other children had been living in this word their entire lives. It seemed so unreal.

The names of the houses the students would be sorted into meant little to him, for he was still too fixated on being a student here. The "classification" still, had no meaning beyond simply a name. He had heard other students discussing the houses they hoped to join, but he hadn't payed them much mind. He suddenly wondered if he should have paid them more attention, should have made more of an effort to converse with his fellow students. He felt very much unprepared, and that was anything but comfortable.

When his named was called, he followed the lead of the students before him and sat on the stool, unsure of what was to come.

-0-0-

People say, in a nutshell I'm Controlled, Cautious, Hardworking, Reserved, Intelligent.

Aaron cautiously asses every situation he is thrust into. He is very much the outside observer. He does not trust easily, outside of his family. He learned from his father, who takes great pains to be sure that he and his family are safe at all costs. Unfortunately sometimes that makes him slow to act, but should the need arise, his cautiousness makes his final move deadly accurate

Aaron thinks deeply and rarely acts rashly. He is very much an “adult” and has been that way since he can remember. While he certainly has the ability to run, jump, and play just like any of the boys, he feels that life has a deeper meaning than fleeting moments of happiness, one achieves their desires through hard work, ultimately happiness is a long term goal, but moments of happiness that might comprise his future are not risks he is willing to take. Family always comes first.

Aaron is intelligent. He tends to pick up on things quickly and understand what they mean. He can tell when a conversation is about to take a turn for the worse or when someone is hiding something. Many have said that when you look at him, you know that he is thinking about something, everything about him just radiates that.

With all that he is thinking abut and how cautious he is, it is plain that he can be somewhat reserved, though not necessarily unfriendly. He may seem a bit distracted at times, but he is courteous.  

aliciazee

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:59 am
Steele looked around at the wonders of the inside of the castle. The interior was so...decorated...but for what he did not know. Finally his name was called. He went up to the stool like everyone else did.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm extremely athletic, polite, fun to be around, and overall great. People also say that I am very intelligent and that I pick up on things quickly. People always tell me how humble I am. However, I could have some character flaws. I think I am to much of a perfectionist for my own good. I love hanging around with friends and I will always be extremely friendly with a person as long as they talk to me. He is a natural born leader and can put someone on his shoulders and lead them down the right path.  
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games